Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
Kawa_ said:
Thank you.

Just to be sure... will this work, too, even if i tried to install the cIOS rev 14 (with the official waninkoko installer) and already chose 36, 38, 61 and 254 at the beginning of the installer and all didn't work, because thats what i did?
yes it will work

Worked fine, thanx.

darghoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Strange... You got IOS249 installed, no?
Maybe you should try the guide below

I'm not sure I did. I've never had any cIOS installed before I installed bootmii, made a backup, and updated. Since updating, I've ran the rev14 installer (claimed to have worked), and the rev7 installer (gave the error I posted before). From reading the guide you posted it looks like I need to try a few more steps (Trucha Bug Restorer, etc) before I can install rev7 (then CIOSCorp), is that right? Just want to be sure I'm not missing anything else here. I'll probably give those a try tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darghoul said:
tj_cool said:
Strange... You got IOS249 installed, no?
Maybe you should try the guide below

I'm not sure I did. I've never had any cIOS installed before I installed bootmii, made a backup, and updated. Since updating, I've ran the rev14 installer (claimed to have worked), and the rev7 installer (gave the error I posted before). From reading the guide you posted it looks like I need to try a few more steps (Trucha Bug Restorer, etc) before I can install rev7 (then CIOSCorp), is that right? Just want to be sure I'm not missing anything else here. I'll probably give those a try tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help

First off I'm pretty sure your rev14 install just failed which is why it was saying you need rev7 as it probably meant AT LEAST rev7. Also why are you trying to use CIOSCORP v2? There is a 3.2 out now that should work far better and actually works on boot2v4 Wii's as well.

Do this with the Trucha Bug Restorer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

Then run the cIOS rev14 installer again and have it use IOS36.

tiger1807

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i tried to patch ios 36m with trucha bug restorer (twice by the way) it made an http error then a bunch of 0 and 1 numbers appeared.

DId it corrupt my ios 36? Ive heard games like super smash Brawl use ios 36

I really want to clear all my doubts, But since it plays games and i can access the system menu

Is here anything to worry about?

my wii;s lu64 by the way.

samurai3005

Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone .
i got an japanese wii from my cousin . It's firmware 3.3j , it can plays the game pokemon evolution and i see no homebrew . so i try twilight hack to install hombrew and i use the region changer . I follow the instructor in nintendovn.com ( which is a vietnam site abt wiis ) , then i format my wii and connect to internet and update to 4.1u . After that , they said i need to check my modchip and put the disc wiikey in . But then i realize that my wii doesnt have modchip . what should i do now ? My wii cannot read any disc
frown.gif
(

Saco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't install BootMii/boot2 so I had to install it as a IOS. Now my question is: how do I recover my backed up NAND if I somehow screw up and brick the Wii?

I know BootMii/boot2 boots prior to the System Menu, allowing the recovery to be pretty straight forward. But when it comes to BootMii/IOS how does this work?

thor82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i'd like to ask a question about wiigator 0.3 gamma and the wii update.

simply: is it possible to update safely without the risk to brick the wii?

if an original game requires an update that's included inside the cd what should i do?

also, with the release of the wiimotion plus , i suppose that the firmware update will surely be require.

in the end: is it safe to update the wii?

thank you

Cigaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi ive been trying to follow the tuts for installing Ciosrev 14 and neogamma, on a 4.1E wii, now i managed to install neogamma and Cios rev 14 or at least i think so they both say that they where succesful, and neogamma boots but none of my back-ups work i keep getting #001 errors, i dont know if it has something to do with when i try to use IOS35 downgrader i just get a msg about being a pirate, and or when i use IOS downgrader i just get a disclaimer then it does nowt and an just says press any button to restart. Ive been on here and afterdawn for a couple of days now trying to figure this out cause i just spent £40 on two motion plus pads and cant play a game bit of a pain.
Thanks ppl

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone

MY wii and my nephews Wiis

are both working fine we are at 4.0u

With a wiikey version 2 installed

and homebrew channel working

installed using BOOT MII/Bannerbomb

The question is for wii sports do I need to upgrade to 4.1
Also how should I do this as I am reading that 4.1 may cause me not to be able to read backups etc or run the HBC channel

Thanks

cme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
cme said:
Hi guys,

just got 2 questions.
I'm new in this world and this comunity is so big...
unsure.gif
I'm not sure if followed the correct steps.

I had system software 4.0, installed bootmii in boot2;
Instaled HBC;
Installed cIOS38rev13b with IOS38-64-v3610.wad and wad manager 1.4;
Installed USB Loader GX;
Finally able to play backup games.

Then:
Updated to 4.1.
Installed cIOS38rev14

Still able to play backup games.

Should I do anything else? There are a lot of threads tlaking about other IOS...
Don't know if I may have my system incomplete and may be easly damaged...
Please advise.

How should I install wad backup games?

Thanks.

You should be updated fine. Just make a NAND backup in bootmii from where you are now (even if you made one before, make an up to date one now) as NAND backups are akin to system restore point, it's good to have a backup after any major changes you make or before any potentially dangerous changes you will make. You can back up these nand.bin files to your pc for safekeeping. Only one can be on an sd card at one time though, a nand.bin left on the sd card will get overwritten if you make a new backup with it still on it.

After doing that, if you really want to make sure you're fully up to date, you can run dop-IOS v7 and check through all of your IOS's to see if there are more recent versions of any of your IOS's and install them if so unless they are stub IOS's or IOS's you have already patched before. (see above your quote in this post)

As for installing wad backup games...do you mean vc/wiiware games? or do you mean you want channels of your actual Wii games? For VC/Wiiware games, you should be able to just run wad manager 1.4 with IOS249 and have it install the wad's of said games. For the actual Wii game channels, I'm not exactly sure how to do it myself, but I believe there is this application you can use to create channel wad's for specific games and such that you would presumably install the same way through wad manager.
Thanks mate! Very clear now! I'll make the backup and run dop-IOS v7 as suggested!
Thanks once again.

KidFlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swizler said:
what is a low level brick and a high level brick
Well a semi-brick is when you can't access your settings, so I guess that's a low level brick. A full brick is when your wii has become a "brick" basically, so I guess that's what you mean?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KidFlash said:
Swizler said:
what is a low level brick and a high level brick
Well a semi-brick is when you can't access your settings, so I guess that's a low level brick. A full brick is when your wii has become a "brick" basically, so I guess that's what you mean?

No a low level brick as actually worse as it's more along the lines of it being a brick at a stage where you pretty much can do absolutely nothing anymore.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/709599

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you +1