Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to run Adventure Island: The Beginning and it keeps resetting to the menu when I run it (3.2E with various IOS's installed on top) Any way of finding out what IOS I need to run it? Or if I finally bite the bullet and do a safe upgrade to 4.0 should that fix it?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The new IOS files that some new games require are 38, 53 and 55.
Majora's Mask (a VC title) needed 53 I believe, so maybe that game requires it too.

L

lousk

Please help!

I have 4 backups and are all working fine except Super Mario Tennis. It keeps on asking me to ugrade my console before I can play it.
So I decided to decline the upgrade until I check with the pros before in this great forum whether to go ahead and accept the upgrade. There are several conflicting posts, and I did not want to rick and regret it afterward -- and then -- come back here to whine about my mistake since I'm noobie.

***This is my set up***

My WII console info:
model: RVL-001 (USA)
H/W v3.10U
drive chipset GC2-D2C or GC2-D2C2
-------------------------------------------
My MOD info:
D2PRO9 v2.0 with WII Clip V4C
-------------------------------------------
From D2PRO site I downloaded v1.7 Utility Disc, created DVD and ran it, the WII screen showed:
1M D2C System HW V2.0 FW v1.7
(honestly I don't even know why excatly I needed to do that but I did.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also came across v2.3 Firmware - NOT for use on drives with d2e chipsets. I also downloaded by after reading a lot of posts I still wasn't sure if I needed it, neither do I understand what is really the benefit of it. If I understood correctly, should I need to use it, I'll need to purchase D2PROG in order to appy it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been reading here for over one month but I am having difficulties to come up with the rightful thig to do.
I am unsure about the Pros and the Cons of two things:
a. should I go ahead and upgrade for the sake of playing SMT and to which version upgrade?
b. do I also need to upgrade the FW on the D2Pro to 2.3, what would it do?
c. after I ran the Utility V1.7 Disk I wasn't really sure of what I can do with all the menu options, however so far all I chose from these menu options was , but I do not no what it does, or did.

Please I would greatly appreciated should you offer me any links and or your expert opinion on what would be the proper thing to do without later experiencing serious negative repercussion. However I am willing to take a chance if that is the only choice I will have.

-I truly appreciate your feedback as I thank you in advance.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
The new IOS files that some new games require are 38, 53 and 55.
Majora's Mask (a VC title) needed 53 I believe, so maybe that games requires it too.

Installed all of them and it's sorted, thanks!

nge89

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Guys,
At the moment i have cIOS rev 8 installed with the gamma loader and the normal 3.2E Firmware
Now I have some Questions about some Wii stuff:

1. Can i install Starfall Mod on my Wii without changing a cios version or something?
2. What i have to install to get Usb Loaderes working?
3. How i can stream movies via network?

mfg

luser404

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nge89 said:
Hello Guys,
At the moment i have cIOS rev 8 installed with the gamma loader and the normal 3.2E Firmware
Now I have some Questions about some Wii stuff:

1. Can i install Starfall Mod on my Wii without changing a cios version or something?
yes
2. What i have to install to get Usb Loaderes working?
cios_rev10
3. How i can stream movies via network?
latest version of mPlayer CE

fuuuuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ssjkakaroto said:
You have a similar setup to mine.
Here's what I did:
1) Downloaded the Softmii 2.1.1 package
2) Installed HBC using the Twilight Hack
3) Installed IOS16 from the Softmii package
4) Installed cIOS249r7 from the Softmii package
5) Downloaded cIOS249r10 installer from Waninkoko's page
6) Installed cIOS249r10
7) Play games using either Wiigator's backup launcher or USB Laucher

For detailed instructions on steps 2-4 just read the Softmii guide.
Ok, I'm confused on step 5. I can't seem to find cIOS249 r10. Is that the same thing as cIOS r10, or IOS36-64-v1042?

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuuuuuuuuu said:
ssjkakaroto said:
Here's what I did:
6) Installed cIOS249r10

Ok, I'm confused on step 5. I can't seem to find cIOS249 r10. Is that the same thing as cIOS r10, or IOS36-64-v1042?
5) Downloaded cIOS249r10 installer from Waninkoko's page (aka cIOS36 rev 10, cIOSr10)

[note his page is in spanish. I googled and downloaded it from somewhere I don't remember anymore, and it worked.]
Also I don't believe step 4 is necessay with step 6.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ilnyc said:
fuuuuuuuuu said:
ssjkakaroto said:
Here's what I did:
6) Installed cIOS249r10

5) Downloaded cIOS249r10 installer from Waninkoko's page (aka cIOS36 rev 10, cIOSr10)

[note his page is in spanish. I googled and downloaded it from somewhere I don't remember anymore, and it worked.]
Also I don't believe step 4 is necessay with step 6.
Yeah step 4 can be skipped
Get cIOSr10 here: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios36-rev-10 (its under 'descarga' = download)

And ssjkakaroto made a mistake as there is no cIOS249, but he means cIOS36
Also, IOS36-64-v1042.wad is the original IOS36 that can be used by the cIOS36r10 installer (place the wad in the root and choose wad installation)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fuuuuuuuuu said:
ssjkakaroto said:
Here's what I did:
6) Installed cIOS249r10

It's the custom ios36 rev10 installer from waninkoko's site. It will load the ios36 wad file, patch it and install it as the custom ios249

fuuuuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
fuuuuuuuuu said:
ssjkakaroto said:
Here's what I did:
6) Installed cIOS249r10

It's the custom ios36 rev10 installer from waninkoko's site. It will load the ios36 wad file, patch it and install it as the custom ios249
This is a stupid question, but how do you run the installation file? I understand how to do the wad files, but haven't messed with an installer. I put the installer file on my SD root, but didn't see anything. Also, when you say that the installer will load the wad, patch it, and install it, does it do something different than the downloadable wad file? I saw some small patch that was downloadable from Wanin's site along with the installer. Was that what you were referring to when you said 'patch it'? Thanks everyone. Almost there.

EDIT: In the Softmii instructions, it says to mess with 'Any Region changer' and NAND dumper. Do I need to do those, and do I do them before of after IOS36?

jilipop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everyone,

I really tried to read up on things but the more I read, the less I seem to know.

Here's what the deal is:

I'm trying to get the full functionality of system menu 4.0E. It is already installed and loads. Got there using Waninkoko's 4.0 installer. The HBC is also present.

Currently what is NOT working is loading stuff directly off of sd cards. Guess I'd have to patch the signature hash check in IOS 60 but all the patchers out there freeze between downloading and installing the IOS IF I choose to have it patched. Also, whenever I install preloader it bricks my Wii. All I can then do is use preloader to reach the HBC, then downgrade and finally upgrade again.

I have an ARGON SPI modchip installed which works flawlessly, so I have no need for a disc channel softmod.

I have tried different tuts and downgraded and upgraded several times, so my IOSes are a bloody mess, I suppose.

Could someone please tell me, wether I need cIOS at all? I tried the offline tutorial for sysmenu 4.0. The IOS35 downgrader froze, though, so I couldn't go on.

Any more tuts I could try?

Thanks for any help.

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Yeah step 4 can be skipped
Get cIOSr10 here: http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blog/waninkoko...om-ios36-rev-10 (its under 'descarga' = download)

And ssjkakaroto made a mistake as there is no cIOS249, but he means cIOS36
Also, IOS36-64-v1042.wad is the original IOS36 that can be used by the cIOS36r10 installer (place the wad in the root and choose wad installation)
Hi tj, you're right cIOS36 installs as IOS249, sorry about the mix up
wacko.gif

And regarding step 4, r10 wouldn't install in my Wii (LU64) without r7 first, don't ask me why but I HAD to install r7 prior to r10.

fuuuuuuuuuEDIT: In the Softmii instructions, it says to mess with 'Any Region changer' and NAND dumper. Do I need to do those, and do I do them before of after IOS36?
No, just use the Softmii instructions for those specific steps, I didn't mess with Any Region changer or NAND dumper.

LuminousKey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wanting to upgrade a Wii that belongs to my friend to be able to run the USB Loader. If anyone can, please help me out?

1. His Wii was originally 3.2U, I didn't upgrade or downgrade.
2. I installed Starfall and a few other things on the Wii, I used everything in BIG MOE's V2 guide.
3. I want to get the USB Loader running, do I need to upgrade to 4.0 and install any other softwares or can I stay at 3.2U?
(If I have to upgrade)
1. How would you suggest to upgrade if I have to? (Is there a minimum to what I need to install to make it simple for me?)
2. Do I have to delete any previous data if I have to upgrade to 4.0? (Starfall, Shop Channel hack, IOS, or something important)
3. What are the chances of me bricking the Wii? (I've seen many posts of people recovering from semi-bricked Wii's and supposedly full bricked ones, should this fill me with confidence? Starfall was the only thing to stop semi-bricked ones, but once you full brick your Wii it's done.)
4. Are there any easy guides to follow to get by?

That's about it. Thanks to anyone willing to help.

postrophe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone who knows better than I look this over please. I just want to play my backups. I'd like to be more sure I have what I need to do this the best way before I get to far. What do I need? What don't I need? What needs updating?etc.......................

This is what I have so far,

I have a wii s#LU36 w/3.2U
Home Brew v1.0.1 installed (used Twilight Hack)
IOS 36v4.18 (as shown on the home brew exit screen)

on the Wii channels I have:
Homebrew channel 1.0.1
WiiGator backup channel wiishizzza (v1.2 says the desription in HB setup)
and the standard wii channels (shop channel not working, tried the ios51 thing, didn't work, no clue why.)

SD card I have these folders:
ID1
private
softchip
boot.dol (1,531KB file)
Apps Folder:
cIOS Installer249
Update 3.3
Backup Launcher
Any Title Deleter
Softchip
Homebrew Browser 1763744 v0.3.1
cIOS installer247
dvdx
Wiigator Loader 0.1
Wad Folder:
backupchannel 0.3
backupchannel 0.3 forceNTSC
backupchannel 0.3 forceNTSCviPatch
cos fix 247
loader channel 0.1
mplayer Wiiv0.07
wad manager 1.21
wiigator3 wiishizzza channel
wiigator.3 ironmask channel
wiigeeloaderios247-2channelsatonce

Here's some of what I've done so far:
I had used the "update 3.3" in apps folder. I also have used a downgrader, back down to 3.2 since I later read it was the better to be at. I had tried loading Gamma loader, it loaded to a channel, but wouldn't load game. Deleted new channels that didn't work, and reinstalled the wiigator since gamma wrote over it in the channels. I have since formatted my SD and put the original copy back on it. Thats why HB copy on SD card is older version than channel installed. That would prolly account for things in HB channel not looking correct. Have also ran cios installers, not sure which one, maybe both. Had wad channel installed, removed that since I didn't see where I needed it as a channel. Not sure what else.

I agree with you jilipop, the more I look the worse it gets. I've been reading ALOT and messing with the wii some. Started researching this all about 2 months ago. There's just an overwhelming amount of everything for this. I just want to be able to play my backups. Most of my backups work so far, not to many coasters. I recently found out that with some games you have to run them through a patcher to make them work, i.e. call of duty. Thats a new one to me. I'd like to be more sure I have what I need to do this the best way before I get to far.

Thanks

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fuuuuuuuuu said:
kedest said:
fuuuuuuuuu said:
ssjkakaroto said:
Here's what I did:
6) Installed cIOS249r10

This is a stupid question, but how do you run the installation file? I understand how to do the wad files, but haven't messed with an installer. I put the installer file on my SD root, but didn't see anything. Also, when you say that the installer will load the wad, patch it, and install it, does it do something different than the downloadable wad file? I saw some small patch that was downloadable from Wanin's site along with the installer. Was that what you were referring to when you said 'patch it'? Thanks everyone. Almost there.

EDIT: In the Softmii instructions, it says to mess with 'Any Region changer' and NAND dumper. Do I need to do those, and do I do them before of after IOS36?

The installer file from waninkoko's site is a dol file. rename it to boot.dol and put it in \apps\iosinstaller\
on your sd. Put the ios36 wad file in root of sd. Then run the installer file via homebrew channel
choose wad installation and just let it run, it will only take a few moments

stef2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi

I'm trying to convert .BRLYT and .BRLAN files to .XML
Everywhere I find that I have to use benzin for this.
I made the benzin.exe, and it seems to work for converting .BRLYT files, but not for .BRLAN files.
(also converting the xmls back to brlyt doesn't work)

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem ?

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

I was wondering if there was a way to transfer and use .wad files from the SD Card option in the Wii Menu.

When I try this, it tells me the information could not be loaded for any type of channel.

Thanks in advance.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what happen is this my 8 yr old formated my wii befor the softmii 2.9.5 update.the format bricked me
preloader saved me couldnt load hbc though the preloader menu but it loaded the dol on the
memorycard so i installed iti used arc to fix the system menu. after i got the system menu back to normal,
i installed softmii2.9.5 and updated to 4.0 and preloader.29thats when i noted only a handfull of games worked
so i downgraded my wii back to 3.2u(set up below).to fix it i went to softmii for help andpuma(i dont even know who this guy is)
starts acting like a dick (a verry little dick) im not flaming softmii.org i got love for skar,diggty,icefire,clarkii
but if some one come to you for help its only right you help(if its your software or you know how to fix the problem).
just my 2 cents.

i am still asking for help wii specs are

3.2u
orignal cioscorp
preloader.28
ciosr10 installed

games that are working are

maddworld
need for speed prostreet
ssbb
vertigo
dead rising loads only through gamma
dragonball z tb3
all these run on diffrent ios so i cant
why other games are giving me 2 dvd read errors, 324 and 349 i think is the other error
now ive uninstalled and reinstalled iso 249
and i get the same message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk