Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, ive been looking around for a while on how to mod my wii but it all seems a bit messy and i dont get whats going on, im too used to modding a 360 and the wii is completly different so i was hoping there was someone who would be able to help me out in modding my wii

i dont know if its possible but idealy i would like to be able to do something which would allow me to simply put the disc in, have it spin up and play like a retail, if that isnt possible then whatever way it is, id like it so that i burn discs rather then games on a hdd
and id like wifi to still work

also, if this [this being able to play copies as though it were retail like on an xbox] can only be done with a modchip, whats the best one?

so if someone could help me out then through PMs then that would be ace, thanks

some quick info, i have a pal launch wii and its updated to the max with 4.0 (apparently this is bad!)

id rather not get links to huge guides as they dont make sense to me much like 360guides didnt until ifound a "for dummies" like thing which was really plain and simple

oldmstnggt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
johnnyturk said:
hey guys, ive been looking around for a while on how to mod my wii but it all seems a bit messy and i dont get whats going on, im too used to modding a 360 and the wii is completly different so i was hoping there was someone who would be able to help me out in modding my wii

i dont know if its possible but idealy i would like to be able to do something which would allow me to simply put the disc in, have it spin up and play like a retail, if that isnt possible then whatever way it is, id like it so that i burn discs rather then games on a hdd
and id like wifi to still work

also, if this [this being able to play copies as though it were retail like on an xbox] can only be done with a modchip, whats the best one?

some quick info, i have a pal launch wii and its updated to the max with 4.0 (apparently this is bad!)

id rather not get links to huge guides as they dont make sense to me much like 360guides didnt until ifound a "for dummies" like thing which was really plain and simple

I think what you’re looking for is a Mod Chip. I would recommend a DriveKey as IMO is the easiest one to install.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
johnnyturk said:

and id like wifi to still work Thats perfectly possible. All you would need is cIOSCorp (or a modchip if you can't wait for a 4.0 exploit to install cIOSCorp)

also, if this [this being able to play copies as though it were retail like on an xbox] can only be done with a modchip, whats the best one? Since you have 4.0 you need to wait or get a modchip. Don't have one so don't know anything about which is the best

some quick info, i have a pal launch wii and its updated to the max with 4.0 (apparently this is bad!) That is bad atm. wait for new exploit or get a modchip

QUOTE(Gagarin @ Apr 27 2009, 07:54 PM) Ok. I have a noob question.
Is there any chance to change Wii Menu Sound?
Any way to put wav or mp3 instead?
not possible atm.

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for clearing a few things up, just wanted to also ask if there is a way to get wiiware and vc with a chipped console?

and is there a way to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.2 (because i understand thats the best one or whatever to do stuf on)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
johnnyturk said:
thanks for clearing a few things up, just wanted to also ask if there is a way to get wiiware and vc with a chipped console?
i guess you mean illegal ones? Yeah if you manage to softmod it

and is there a way to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.2 (because i understand thats the best one or whatever to do stuf on)
Also if you can softmod it
Both need the HBC (Homebrew Channel) installed to do that
If you are going to get a modchip anyway you can play your backups. And after the new exploit is there you can do all the rest
Also a very interesting modchip is the 'flatmii' (review)

eldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been out the loop for almost 4 months and need to catch up - when i left it was wiigator gamma 0.3 and cIOS 7, I had done the IOS51 shop updater and the Mii channel updates and so on n was bang upto date .... my wii has been dormant ever since

I have searched around and can see there is now cIOS 10 from Waninkoko and it seems preloader superceeds starfall - so do i just upgrade my cISO remove starfall, install preloader and I can then run USB loader 1.5 or do i need to run this Firmware Updater v4.0 thingy too somewhere along the line.

I am happy on v3.2 i dont think want to upgrade from that do i ? but guess that SDHC support is in there and it will install some missing IOS files? I read around about IOS60 and i know i dont have that and am not that bothered about SDHC as i will use USB

If anyone has a moment to give me a quick list of things to do to get back upto date it would be appreciated

xr_rider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a Verbatim 8GB micro SDHC card. It is formatted Fat32 yet it will not work on the Wii. I have the latest HBchannel and running 3.2U. Has anyone had any luck getting this size to work and if so how?

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eldi said:
I have been out the loop for almost 4 months and need to catch up - when i left it was wiigator gamma 0.3 and cIOS 7, I had done the IOS51 shop updater and the Mii channel updates and so on n was bang upto date .... my wii has been dormant ever since

I have searched around and can see there is now cIOS 10 from Waninkoko and it seems preloader superceeds starfall - so do i just upgrade my cISO remove starfall, install preloader and I can then run USB loader 1.5 or do i need to run this Firmware Updater v4.0 thingy too somewhere along the line.
It is advised to install Preloader over Starfall or both if you want. You need at least cIOS rev 9 I believe to run USB Loader so update your cIOS. Firmware Update 4.0 isn't necessary. 3.2 is still functional with USB Loader.

I am happy on v3.2 i dont think want to upgrade from that do i ? but guess that SDHC support is in there and it will install some missing IOS files? I read around about IOS60 and i know i dont have that and am not that bothered about SDHC as i will use USB
If you don't want 4.0, then the IOS60 patching isn't necessary. The new firmware installs additional files, if you're on 3.2 you're still fine.

If anyone has a moment to give me a quick list of things to do to get back upto date it would be appreciated

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
k ive decided against chipping because (i think)

ive got my head around installing the homebrew channel, vc and wiiware stuff, wads n wotnot

now i just need to downgrade or whatever, to 3.2E, and do whatever it is i need to do to get backup games working (off of dvd-r not hdd or anything) preferably through the disc channel

so again i say, i have a lauch wii, unfortunatly upgraded to 4.0e, in the process of obtaining a copy of twilight princess
(dont know if i can get the HBC going with 4.0 but ill at least be prepared)
so if anyone wouldnt mind directly helping me i would greatly appreciated it

quick Q
can any wad be installed once the console has HBC?

also, do loaders make it so i can play other region games?

and and and, once the hbc is in, can the console be updated?

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to code in c++ but i know nothing about coding on the wii any tuts out there i have devkitpro setup and running fine already but gcube doesnt work with win 7 so ill just use wiiload.
Any thing is appreciated

xr_rider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that all is working well I still can't use 8GB SDHC. What happens to my HBChannel if I update to 4.0 so I can have the SDHC support? Will I still be able to run the HBC or am I back to a regular Wii?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
wiimanizer said:
wiimanizer said:
how do i gain much more memory space on the wii? cause right now, after moving a few wiiwares to my sd, i still got 2 left on the wii but i have no more space on my sd card[2.6 MBs left], so i have like 800 something blocks left on the system. what is there that i can safely delete besides material for hacks and save data?
It's up to you to decide what you think is worth having on your SD card. You should probably just get a new one anyways. A 2GB costs less than $10 now, so they're highly affordable. The Wii also accepts SDHC now, which means you can go up to 8GBs if you want to (and those aren't all that expensive either).
i know, im going to get one soon. my point though is towards the wii's memory. what things can i safely delete so that i can create more room for save data for the long run?
PLEASE answer me!
wacko.gif

i aint gettin' younger here.
mad.gif
please, i want a helpful reply to my question. I WANNA KNOW HOW TO GAIN MORE FREE SPACE ON THE WII'S MEMORY SO I CAN USE IT FOR THE LONG RUN.

mrdavie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiimanizer said:
wiimanizer said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
wiimanizer said:
wiimanizer said:
how do i gain much more memory space on the wii? cause right now, after moving a few wiiwares to my sd, i still got 2 left on the wii but i have no more space on my sd card[2.6 MBs left], so i have like 800 something blocks left on the system. what is there that i can safely delete besides material for hacks and save data?
It's up to you to decide what you think is worth having on your SD card. You should probably just get a new one anyways. A 2GB costs less than $10 now, so they're highly affordable. The Wii also accepts SDHC now, which means you can go up to 8GBs if you want to (and those aren't all that expensive either).
i know, im going to get one soon. my point though is towards the wii's memory. what things can i safely delete so that i can create more room for save data for the long run?
PLEASE answer me!
wacko.gif

i aint gettin' younger here.
mad.gif
please, i want a helpful reply to my question. I WANNA KNOW HOW TO GAIN MORE FREE SPACE ON THE WII'S MEMORY SO I CAN USE IT FOR THE LONG RUN.

Ageing in 7 hours?

Shouting at people will also have the opposite effect.

lecture.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
how can I put more than one game cube game on an 4,7 GB dvd ( I am using soft mii)? I have allready one game on it (fire emblem por) now I want to have 2 more on it but how can I choose the game?

files on the dvd : d/ fire emblem and soul caliber and shadow the hedgehog
is there an file like an menu what I need to put on it?

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrdavie..actually, more like 5 days about. i originally asked my question on the 23rd, but sorry its just that it seems several other ppl got their ?s answered in 1-2 days or even less than a day. im literally waiting days just to get my 1 turned to multiple ?s answered
frown.gif

~also, you misspelled "aging"~ *point point*

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
because the only way to free up space is by moving games to the sd card so the ONLY solution is to buy a bigger sd card and move everything there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sosig