Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought it was possible to play GCN backups with Gamma 0.3..

I pop in my GCN backup disc (contains Wind Waker, and SMSunshine), load up Gamma, and get a green screen before it reboots back to the Wii menu.
Have I missed something important?
wacko.gif

xxwinexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an ERROR! (ret = -1) whenever I try to install a CIOS.

It hangs when reading IOS36-64-v1042.wad

I have that file in the wad folder on my SD card, and I've run the file in wad manager, don't know if I was supposed to even do that or not, but I gave it a try.

This is probably a question asked all the time, but I installed all of this homebrew stuff when I was high on Lortab following surgery. I'm just afraid I've messed something up.

I'm on 4.0 btw, and I know that I've been successful in the past installing CIOSes, I just don't know what is going wrong.

babybusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coolsnarf said:
I got the homebrew channel installed and am on 3.2e

got a problem with the VC games. As far as I know N64 (Zelda) and Genesis (Phantasy Star IV) games are running ok, but when i try to start up a snes/nes (secret of mana/mario games) game My Wii freezes?
anyone knows what causes this.

The rest of my Wii is working perfect.

Are you trying to run the snes games as VC games or through an emulator? I have many old nes and snes games (the original games too actually) so I prefer to just run them through an emulator on the Homebrew Channel which you can download online or through the Homebrew Browser if you have that because it saves the very small space that is available on the Wii in blocks. But I suppose if you really want them as VC games try redownloading them is the only thing I could suggest. Oh, and be certain on that you have PAL versions of VC games, always, not NTSC.

omanish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I successfully installed the HBC and used another guide (not from this site) to install Backup Loader gamma (0.3) on a 3.4 wii.
Well I followed the steps and it works perfectly now. But I was wondering how come some of the guides here say to downgrade to 3.2 before you are able to install backup loader? Is it because those guides are outdated?

Also if I want to apply the 0.3 002 fix do I just need to install the wad through wad manager? Or do I have to go through the whole process again and use iso downgrader, ciso installer etc.? Or can I just go use wad manager 1.3 and load the 0.3 002fix wad from there?

xxsilverrainexx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to play StarFox Adventure using GC Backup loader Theta and i keep getting a screen with a red box saying "An error has occured, turn off your system and check your gamecube instruction manual" I've tried all boot modes, and whenever i try to load GC Backup Loader 2.0 my screen rolls like i'm trying to play a PAL game.

My starfox adventure disk is a multi alongwith starfox assault (both not shrunk)

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though I haven't seen it asked, I can almost guarantee that it's been asked before -- and many times, which is why I'm putting it here. Will the USB Loader work on external hard drives, or will it only work on a regular USB flash drive?

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Even though I haven't seen it asked, I can almost guarantee that it's been asked before -- and many times, which is why I'm putting it here. Will the USB Loader work on external hard drives, or will it only work on a regular USB flash drive?
It works on externals, yes.
Would be kinda silly to only work on flash drives which normally come in small sizes, no?
tongue.gif

So if you have a fair sized external, use it. More room for games!
grog.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

Works on both hard drives and flash drives.Although its not 100% compatiable with all drives.

Do some searching on this board theres a wiki somewhere that shows the drives that do/don't work so far.

babybusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1100101 said:
How can i see which cIOS version and whatnot I have installed?

If I can correctly remember, cIOS shows on the top right corner of the Homebrew Channel when you press the Home button on the Wii remote and IOS versions can be looked at through Any Title Deleter, although there is probably another way, I find this way easy enough. I haven't tried uninstalling any IOS from that before though as there have been many people who messed with the wrong ones (especially if they delete the IOS for the Wii system menu) and end up bricking their Wii.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answers ZML and icpmattj. I have one more question regarding the USB loader. Reading the tutorials, it looks like the ISO sizes are down significantly from the normal 4.37GB that it was with previous dumping methods. Would these smaller ISO files still be able to be burned to a DVD?

burp61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
What is the preloader I have not kept up with the scene lately
Is it like starfall because i have that installed.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Sportsmaniac1322
QUOTE said:
Thanks for the answers ZML and icpmattj. I have one more question regarding the USB loader. Reading the tutorials, it looks like the ISO sizes are down significantly from the normal 4.37GB that it was with previous dumping methods. Would these smaller ISO files still be able to be burned to a DVD?

Yes the game size is smaller due to all the garbage files been removed.

And yes you can convert them back to 4.37 gig iso's using WBFS Manager 2.0 or other wbfs programs and its as easy as point and clicking one button :-)

@ burp61
QUOTEHi
What is the preloader I have not kept up with the scene lately
Is it like starfall because i have that installed.

Starfall is outdated and only works on system 3.2, where as preloader 0.29 (latest) works on all system versions including 4.0........ If your on 3.2 then i would suggest starfall as it does everything you could want like update blocker/brick recovery and so on .

paul

Coolsnarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
babybusa said:
Coolsnarf said:
I got the homebrew channel installed and am on 3.2e

got a problem with the VC games. As far as I know N64 (Zelda) and Genesis (Phantasy Star IV) games are running ok, but when i try to start up a snes/nes (secret of mana/mario games) game My Wii freezes?
anyone knows what causes this.

The rest of my Wii is working perfect.

Are you trying to run the snes games as VC games or through an emulator? I have many old nes and snes games (the original games too actually) so I prefer to just run them through an emulator on the Homebrew Channel which you can download online or through the Homebrew Browser if you have that because it saves the very small space that is available on the Wii in blocks. But I suppose if you really want them as VC games try redownloading them is the only thing I could suggest. Oh, and be certain on that you have PAL versions of VC games, always, not NTSC.
well i have to admit, they are VC games and i did download them. I own the original cartridges, so i am not willing to pay for the games again. I am almost sure they are Pal version (don't realy know where to see that) because I downloaded the N64 Zelda game and Phantasy Star IV from the same user (and these games works)!

Hero#1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm back again
tongue.gif

anyway, I've downloaded Oboro Muramasa Youtouden ,the size before unraring was 914mb, after unraring it it was like any normal iso with a size of 4.37gb. I burned it normally with Ashampoo burning studio at 4x. But when I try to run the game through disk channel i get the unreadable error, when i try to use a backup lancher i get 002 error. The latest IOS I have downloaded was IOS53 & IOS55 for Madworld, which worked fine.
I have Wiikey 1.9s , 3.2U Wii. I'm not sure about cIOS, the latest one I downloaded was when I downgraded my Wii from 3.4 to 3.2
I'm something here, or what ?!

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello - I understand this is Wii NOOb Paradise but I have a question about GameCube. I know you can Scrub Wii games using Wii Scrubber (and I have successfully completed it many times) but what about GameCube games? Some games I have backed up naturally compress down to between 600Mb - 900Mb but most only drop by 100Mb so not worth compressing.

I believe they can be "scrubbed" as such because I own Mario Superstar Baseball and when i 7z it as a backup it drops by about 100Mb however download backups are about 450Mb compressed and the usual 1.35Gb - 1,459,978,240 bytes uncompressed.

How did whoever made the dump make it so it compressed so well?

babybusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coolsnarf said:
well i have to admit, they are VC games and i did download them. I own the original cartridges, so i am not willing to pay for the games again. I am almost sure they are Pal version (don't realy know where to see that) because I downloaded the N64 Zelda game and Phantasy Star IV from the same user (and these games works)!

I suggest looking for the games elsewhere if you want them as VC games as it could be multiple things such as corrupted WADs or the wrong region. If you want to try the emulator for yourself, they have one for SNES here along with many useful things for Wii homebrew here.

http://wii.brewology.com/index.php?page=ge...te&packId=2

The only emulator I recommend you not bother with is the N64 one because it is still in development and doesn't work well at all. Just stick to the VC games with those, but forget not the limited space on the Wii when getting them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica