Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well we have discussing about burning alot here at GBATemp, and the best thing that works for you, never works for the other, but I kind of remember someone saying that with a ModChip there isn't any issue about burning, that is only for softmoding and the gamma launcher, you'll be fine burning with ImgBurn at 8X, for me what has been working good (not that this make any difference) is:

SONY accucore
DVD+R
burned at 16X with Nero6
with book type changed to DVD-ROM (this last thing doesn't matter for ModChip users)

and if they where scrubbed, that means they are fake signed and they wont work on 3.4 or 3.3, and you'll need to downgrade your Wii to 3.2, but wait for your modchip and then test them, you might be wrong about that...!!!
smile.gif

eddie182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

I have a Wii 3.2E with the original Wiikey (v1). I have a Wii bought on release so it's hell old. Most of the backups I play are scrubbed and have used the trucha signer thing on. I have the Homebrew Channel with Wadmanager 1.2 i think which i use to play Wiiware and VC games - it is the only program I use/need for HBC. At the moment, everything works fine from backups to Wiiware and VC.

I recently bought Guitar Hero World Tour and I want to be able to download some extra songs which means I need to update. I heard that the old Wiikey doesn't work with 3.4 and also my friend has 3.4 and his Wadmanager doesn't install wads anymore, however he can still load the HBC. He doesn't have his Wii modchipped though.

Basically, I want to know what is going to happen to my Wii in it's current form if I update to 3.4. I am willing to purchase a new modchip to make everything work at 3.4, however if HBC and Wadmanager stops me from being able to install wads then I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. Is there a new Wadmanager that works with 3.4 (Waninkoko's site is down)? Also if all my scrubbed games stop working then I am also hesitant.

Any information anyone has would be great.

Thankyou,

Eddie
smile.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well we have discussing about burning alot here at GBATemp, and the best thing that works for you, never works for the other, but I kind of remember someone saying that with a ModChip there isn't any issue about burning, that is only for softmoding and the gamma launcher, you'll be fine burning with ImgBurn at 8X, for me what has been working good (not that this make any difference) is:

SONY accucore
DVD+R
burned at 16X with Nero6
with book type changed to DVD-ROM (this last thing doesn't matter for ModChip users)

and if they where scrubbed, that means they are fake signed and they wont work on 3.4 or 3.3, and you'll need to downgrade your Wii to 3.2, but wait for your modchip and then test them, you might be wrong about that...!!!
smile.gif

Yeah I would never go with a scrubbed version of a game, I prefer the real deal, the entire game, so I don't have to worry about the Mod Chip with 3.4, or any of my games working for that matter..that's good to know. I removed the updates using brick blocker because I did not want to have to worry about it. Is it OK that I removed the updates or will that cause a problem. So since I have 8x TDK DVD-R Disks I will burn them at 8x or should I burn them at 2x, I have read so many conflicting stories about which is the best way to burn..so I don't have to do anything in particular with imgburn, just burn, or do I have to set something under preferences..I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 10, that is what my computer came with, but I would prefer using Imgburn since so many people here recommend it. Is there a way for me to check the games that I have before burning them to make sure they work or is that out of the question. Thanks so much for answering all of my questions

thiagofera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ether2802 said:
thiagofera said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
How can i make pikmin (PAL) work in a ntsc wii, my tv doen't suport pal and is a normal tv (without HDTV) (NTSC)
Note:The game works in black and white if i don't force anything and i get a green screen if i tri to force ntsc, wipower toys don't help me with this problem (green Screen), what shoud i do?

You need to patch before burn if you want to use it thru the disc channel, the launchers should work without patch, well at least my copy works with launchers, try extracting the main.dol with WP's toy and then use the GWP1.2 to patch the video, put back the main.dol in the SD and run WP's toy again..!!
smile.gif

Green screen problem if i try to use it, can someone help?

then it is not right patched, I just did it and it works, you have to patch the video PAL-2-NTSC with GWP1.2 and save it, then just replace the main.dol with trucha signer and you're good to burn the .iso..!!
smile.gif

I cant run in my computer the trucha, because i can't find the key.bin, but i extract and replace with wiiscruber. So, this is my mistake?

Jojounin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question.
I read that the new version of Wiigator's GC backup loader (0.1 Xi) fixed the problem with double disc games (like MGS: TTS), so I was wondering if it's possible to burn these games using the Multi Disc Creator on 1 DVD disc and that it will work when the game asks you to insert the second disc, anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thiagofera said:
I cant run in my computer the trucha, because i can't find the key.bin, but i extract and replace with wiiscruber. So, this is my mistake?

No it is the same thing, but I find out that my TV can handle the PAL signal, and when I opened AnyRegion Changer the video output was setted on PAL, so that is why I was able to play the game, sorry it is not possible for you to run PIKMIN yet, just wait for the NTSC version, it is around the corner...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTEI have a question.
I read that the new version of Wiigator's GC backup loader (0.1 Xi) fixed the problem with double disc games (like MGS: TTS), so I was wondering if it's possible to burn these games using the Multi Disc Creator on 1 DVD disc and that it will work when the game asks you to insert the second disc, anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance.

yes it can be done with this newer version, I kind of understand that if you press Z and then eject and re-insert the disc, this can be done, but I really haven't tryed it, so it is time for you to test it...!!
smile.gif

Jojounin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
yes it can be done with this newer version, I kind of understand that if you press Z and then eject and re-insert the disc, this can be done, but I really haven't tryed it, so it is time for you to test it...!!
smile.gif
Thanks.

BTW, could anyone tell me how to install the new version? I have the "[4928]gcbackup0.1_v21" file but no clue how to install it.

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
i have a moded wii with 3.1 firmware and lately i tried installing homebrew for some wiiware games i wanted to play,twillight hack went smooth,and i used wad installer to add some wiiware games(world of goo,lost wind,art style) the wiiware games ran fine BUT for some wierd reason my wii games started to give errors(press eject and turn off console blah blah)some times they worked but some times when ever i put in a new game even the game i`ve been able to play before i got this error.i earased all of the wiiware games and homebrew channel and every thing went back to normal.
wats the problem?am i doing anyting wrong?i heard 3.1 has problems with running wiiware but i ran them just fine...should i upgrade to 3.2?

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok got the homebrew channel installed,usin the beta .7 version installer,but it wont open when i click on it,i assume cuz my firmware is like .2,so should i use the twilight hack to run anyregion changer? sorry for stupid questions,but with all the brick warnings,better safe than sorry

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
QUOTE said:
ok got the homebrew channel installed,usin the beta .7 version installer,but it wont open when i click on it,i assume cuz my firmware is like .2,so should i use the twilight hack to run anyregion changer? sorry for stupid questions,but with all the brick warnings,better safe than sorry

do you need to use anyregion changer or do you want to just use homebrew?if you want to use omebrew just update your firmware online or by using a game

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aiat_gamer said:
QUOTE said:

do you need to use anyregion changer or do you want to just use homebrew?if you want to use omebrew just update your firmware online or by using a game

yea just wanna use homebrew channle to launch backup support but ,ive read the latest firmware is a pain to downgrade from? Homebre channle is in my channels just doesnt work yet,and with anyregion changer i ran install system menu 3.2 3 times but didnt change anything..Or would it all work with latest firmware ,since i already have channel up?

D

Deleted User

Check your firmware through Settings.

3.3 or 3.4, check the 3.1-3.4 Downgrade guide.

3.2, use IOS Downgrader.

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Check your firmware through Settings.

3.3 or 3.4, check the 3.1-3.4 Downgrade guide.

3.2, use IOS Downgrader.

yea ver. 2.0u

Also even with the not having firmware 3.2 should homebrew channel at least open?it goes to black screen when i click it..Did i install it wrong?

D

Deleted User

Why.. 2.0u is a bad outdated firmware to begin with.

I don't think HBC can launch.

Simplest solutions:

1)Use Twilight Hack to launch Any Region Changer mod05. Install 3.2 System Menu, choose that

2)Upgrade your firmware, HBC should launch, if not, remove HBC, use the newer twilight hack, install HBC, and follow one of the Downgrading guides here.

noobwithboobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Why.. 2.0u is a bad outdated firmware to begin with.

I don't think HBC can launch.

Simplest solutions:

1)Use Twilight Hack to launch Any Region Changer mod05. Install 3.2 System Menu, choose that

2)Upgrade your firmware, HBC should launch, if not, remove HBC, use the newer twilight hack, install HBC, and follow one of the Downgrading guides here.

yea mod05 loaded ,i ran it,got scrambled text on screen,just like i did with other anyregion changer,then goes back to opening anyregion changer screen,hit reboot,and firmware was still 2.0u,i get the feeling i got upgrade thru wii system to get anywhere,only games i have are zelda and mario party 8,hmm does zelda have a firware updater if i dont load the hacked save? ..lookin now doesnt look like it.How bad is it to just do the wii system update to 3.4 then downgrade?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Jojounin said:
Thanks.
BTW, could anyone tell me how to install the new version? I have the "[4928]gcbackup0.1_v21" file but no clue how to install it.

Just uncompress it with winrar, or first rename it to hfbvev.rar and then uncompress it

QUOTE said:
How bad is it to just do the wii system update to 3.4 then downgrade?

it is easy, but you need to pay attention of the instructions, altought if you know how to use the twilight hack you'll probably know how to do this...!!!
smile.gif

I have a moded wii with 3.1 firmware and lately i tried installing homebrew for some wiiware games i wanted to play,twillight hack went smooth,and i used wad installer to add some wiiware games(world of goo,lost wind,art style) the wiiware games ran fine BUT for some wierd reason my wii games started to give errors(press eject and turn off console blah blah)some times they worked but some times when ever i put in a new game even the game i`ve been able to play before i got this error.i earased all of the wiiware games and homebrew channel and every thing went back to normal.
wats the problem?am i doing anyting wrong?i heard 3.1 has problems with running wiiware but i ran them just fine...should i upgrade to 3.2?

Those errors are because of your laser lenses or discs are dirty, clean them up a little, I've had those and I just bought a disc cleaner and I haven't got one of those ever since...!!!
smile.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
IOS55= 3.4
Right?

I saw if I install the IOS55 WAD file via WAD Manager I can have all the compatibility of 3.4 on my 3.2 ?

Or just for Games?
(So no faster SD card copy etc)

DR0KZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any list of things i should absolutely not do on my recently soft modded Wii?

IE what programs to avoid as noob (that are easely bricking your Wii) or what functions of the internet i should not use. Things i am likely to come against but should react to basically
tongue.gif

Using the latest update 3.4

Thanks!
smileipb2.png

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
DR0KZ said:
Is there any list of things i should absolutely not do on my recently soft modded Wii?

IE what programs to avoid as noob (that are easely bricking your Wii) or what functions of the internet i should not use.

Thanks!
smileipb2.png
Not Format your Wii... if you have installed preloader (softmii)... and may also counts for CIOSCORP?

Anyways,
My question was on the previous page as last post...
tongue.gif
may no one sees it...

IOS55= 3.4
Right?

I saw if I install the IOS55 WAD file via WAD Manager I can have all the compatibility of 3.4 on my 3.2 ?

Or just for Games?
(So no faster SD card copy etc)

Adr990

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c