we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
MBond42 said:
Hello,
I was recently found out about SoftMii, and was hoping I could install some of its hacks on my Wii. However, I saw that it required you to downgrade your Wii's firmware to 3.2. I was somewhat dismayed by this, seeing as firmware 3.4 has updated SD card drivers that make copying games back and forth much faster. So, I was wondering. Is it possible to retain these updated SD card drivers while at the same time downgrading the firmware to 3.2? I would be very grateful if someone could answer this for me, seeing as I would be very interested in utilizing my Wii's full homebrew potential, as the 3.2 firmware seems to provide.

Mmmmmmm.... drivers..?? you mean the faster speed in the SD comunication..?? well anyway, no there's no way to retain these cause those are inside the SysMenu, and hence you install another SysMenu when you downgrade to 3.2, you can't have that speed in transfer, sorry...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(Niborz @ Jan 29 2009, 07:48 PM) So could i convert my DVD9 version to a DVD5 version

Yes there is a thread about "how to", here in the hack section of GBATemp...!!!
smile.gif

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crazy question, but is there any way to install Homebrew Channel WITHOUT using any type of disc? I'm fiddling with a broken Wii (system works right except the disc drive). I've got a FlatMii coming, but I was curious if there was another way I've missed.

I'm sure there isn't, but just in case I missed something...

spamking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find the All-in-one softmod version 4 files?

I've PM'd a few folks in the locked thread about it but haven't heard back from anyone.

Thanks.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sir VG said:
Crazy question, but is there any way to install Homebrew Channel WITHOUT using any type of disc? I'm fiddling with a broken Wii (system works right except the disc drive). I've got a FlatMii coming, but I was curious if there was another way I've missed.

I'm sure there isn't, but just in case I missed something...

No way.

Fildy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use noob's guide using the 8 step wad install found here. I am having a problem getting the wad manager to show up in my hbc. I cant figure out how to change the .mod to a .dol.
any help is greatly appreciated. I have already ran iso16.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
YukMouth said:
How do I change my bullsh#t health warning pic after installing SoftMii

You mean the SoftMii one..?? you needed to first made backup of your 00000042.app (don't remember pretty well wigh one is for NTSC) and then use again the app for installing the original one

QUOTE(spamking @ Jan 29 2009, 09:16 PM) Where can I find the All-in-one softmod version 4 files?

I've PM'd a few folks in the locked thread about it but haven't heard back from anyone.

Thanks.

What exactly do you want to do..? there is a sticky with several guides about Wii hacking and HBC

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fildy said:
I am trying to use noob's guide using the 8 step wad install found here. I am having a problem getting the wad manager to show up in my hbc. I cant figure out how to change the .mod to a .dol.
any help is greatly appreciated.

you have to rename the file in your PC, or use the text_reader app for the Wii to rename it in the Wii

Fildy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Fildy said:
any help is greatly appreciated.

you have to rename the file in your PC, or use the text_reader app for the Wii to rename it in the Wii

Okay, i renamed the file, using right click and rename. I also opened with wordpad and saved as. and while the file says its name is boot.dol it is still a movie clip in my folder. Any help?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fildy said:
Okay, i renamed the file, using right click and rename. I also opened with wordpad and saved as. and while the file says its name is boot.dol it is still a movie clip in my folder. Any help?

Well first of all i really don't understand why you have a .mod file if you're doing this, I mean where did you get that file from..?? and to solve your problem go to:

start -> configuration -> control panel -> folder options -> see (second tab) -> and then scroll all the way down and unmark the "hide file extentions"

then try to rename your file again...!!!
smile.gif

Fildy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Fildy said:

Well first of all i really don't understand why you have a .mod file if you're doing this, I mean where did you get that file from..?? and to solve your problem go to:

start -> configuration -> control panel -> folder options -> see (second tab) -> and then scroll all the way down and unmark the "hide file extentions"

then try to rename your file again...!!!
smile.gif

Still nothing is showing up when I plug in my sd card. The changing of the file name/type however worked fine. Could this mean that I don't have iso16 on my wii (even though Im like 99% sure I ran it)?
Is there a way to check?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Hope this is the right place for this:
I want to make a modified System Menu wad based on the vanilla v290. I'm trying to incorporate the results of running ARC on my system so that I don't have to keep running ARC every time I mess around.

My question is, what do I need to replace in my vanilla wad to make it include the ARC changes? is it just the 00000046.app or is it a lot more?

Thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
actually I have been doing some tests, and I think it might be the main.dol, yes, but hence I'm to lazy to really find out, after I installed the SysMenu with ARC and the hacks, I simply re-pack the .wad, so now I have a SysMenu-v289.wad and a SysMenu_hacked-v289.wad, and lately for testing the preloader hacks I am installing each like 5 times a day, but you have to becarefull if your SD gets corrupted, Wad Manager would give you an error and you don't want that in the middle of the SysMenu installation...!!
smile.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
actually I have been doing some tests, and I think it might be the main.dol, yes, but hence I'm to lazy to really find out, after I installed the SysMenu with ARC and the hacks, I simply re-pack the .wad, so now I have a SysMenu-v289.wad and a SysMenu_hacked-v289.wad, and lately for testing the preloader hacks I am installing each like 5 times a day, but you have to becarefull if your SD gets corrupted, Wad Manager would give you an error and you don't want that in the middle of the SysMenu installation...!!
smile.gif

That's what I need it for. Which is the main.dol though? - I'm on Linux so I'm limited to wadunpacker/wadpacker AFAIK and they only show the 0000000nn.app files plus the .cert .tik & .trailer files. When you say you simply repack the wad, what files are you taking off your Wii FS to pack back into the wad?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
first I use blaze's wad packer, wich is an .exe and runs by cmd, so maybe you can use it, and in your NAND dump you can find

title/00000001/00000002/content/title.tmd
title/00000001/00000002/content/00000043.app
title/00000001/00000002/content/00000042.app
title/00000001/00000002/content/00000041.app
ticket/00000001/00000002.tik

and that is all you need, I'm off to bed, so in 8 - 9 hours I'll send you the package of needed files if you haven't found them, ok..??
smile.gif

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
first I use blaze's wad packer, wich is an .exe and runs by cmd, so maybe you can use it, and in your NAND dump you can find

title/00000001/00000002/content/title.tmd
title/00000001/00000002/content/00000043.app
title/00000001/00000002/content/00000042.app
title/00000001/00000002/content/00000041.app
ticket/00000001/00000002.tik

and that is all you need, I'm off to bed, so in 8 - 9 hours I'll send you the package of needed files if you haven't found them, ok..??
smile.gif

Thanks ether, that's good of you. Have a nice sleep
smile.gif

MBond42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I was recently found out about SoftMii, and was hoping I could install some of its hacks on my Wii. However, I saw that it required you to downgrade your Wii's firmware to 3.2. I was somewhat dismayed by this, seeing as firmware 3.4 has updated SD card drivers that make copying games back and forth much faster. So, I was wondering. Is it possible to retain these updated SD card drivers while at the same time downgrading the firmware to 3.2? I would be very grateful if someone could answer this for me, seeing as I would be very interested in utilizing my Wii's full homebrew potential, as the 3.2 firmware seems to provide.
QUOTEMmmmmmm.... drivers..?? you mean the faster speed in the SD comunication..?? well anyway, no there's no way to retain these cause those are inside the SysMenu, and hence you install another SysMenu when you downgrade to 3.2, you can't have that speed in transfer, sorry...!!!
smile.gif

In that case, I don't assume it's possible to find the specific WAD that is responsible for how the Wii reads SD cards and install that on top of an older system menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1