NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. FankThuck

FankThuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply, my SysCheck is in the previous post under the spoiler.

2. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp verrückt

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    I mean the file sysCheck.csv itself please.Can you upload it here ?
    Thank you.:)

3. FankThuck

FankThuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Attached in rar format. Just found out that the Wii has ate another USB stick now... Another dead Sandisk Ultra Fit 64GB :(

Attached Files:

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Thank you.:)

Looks good.
    This 3 files has to be updated i think.

aktuelle llllllll2.

Sorry about your broken. USB Stick.:(

By this way,its recommended to use a HDD.For your personel "health".:D

Last edited by alexander1970, Apr 14, 2019
    FankThuck likes this.
  5. FankThuck

FankThuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Wow, ok, how did you manage to run that? Didn't know modmii had a syscheck option

6. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    In Windows Explorer or whatever you use for Filemanagement:
    Take the sysCheck.csv and drag and drop it on where your ModMii installed/Folder on your Modmii.exe.:)

P.S. don´t tell it,its a secret.:lol:

FankThuck likes this.
  7. FankThuck

FankThuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Great, thanks i'll update and run. P.S. I used modmii classic console mode and just inputted the sysCheck location ;)

8. FankThuck

FankThuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I have updated and tried running a game, no longer getting black screen but now running into a Exception DSI
    20190414_095617967_iOS.

9. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    FankThuck likes this.
  10. FankThuck

FankThuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    FAT32 but recent usb stick has been killed (second one through wii now) sandisk ultra fit 64GB. Just got a refund on it as faulty product so no longer have a usb HD. Games are on sd card (wbfs) folder. Added via wii backup manager.

I have tried only this one game for now. Havnt added any others as of yet. Have tried same game via usb loader gd and wiiflow

11. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Thank you for your feedback reply and the update of your Wii/USB issue(s).Sorry to hear thar another USB is gone.:(

Please consider the option of an HDD.:)
    (It "protect" your nerves.)

12. FankThuck

FankThuck Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Alex.

Took the usb back and got a refund. Cost roughly £17 for the usb stick. Do you have any recommendations of working hdd’s For the Wii? Preferably cheap as coming to the end of pay month.

Thanks again for the previous help.

13. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Marvellous.Thats good news.Thank you.

For your HDD choice:

- for an 3.5" HDD extern everything with an own Powersupply is recommended.You maybe (surely) have issues when you use it only with USB power.
    - for an 2.5" HDD extern the USB power is sufficient.

For the HDD Size,I invite you to see it for yourself through this thread here and look there please:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1293

Personally I have used 2.5" IDE HDDs in casing up to 500 GB.

Thank you for reading.
    Good luck and have fun with your Wii.:yay:

14. Merp101

Merp101 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    United States
    I ended up getting the homebrew channel and project m launcher but whenever I try to load it it just takes me back to the wii menu. I'm on 4.3 so that's not the problem. Any help?

15. Syaoran_Li

Syaoran_Li Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    Philippines
    Hey, I just got my USB Loader GX to work but now it's not recognising any games. I'm using a 1TB NTFS HDD, and I have a game in a wbfs folder. However after I boot up USB Loader it spits out this message to me "Error: Could not open wiitdb.xml" Any solutions?

16. alexander1970

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
  17. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    I ended up with a Japanese console once and the text was in Japanese, so I had to look up an online menu comparison for it, just google it and you can find it if necessary.

I thought modding it with ModMii might change the language to English, but after installation it didn't. @XFlak recommended I use the region change that can be found in the ModMii classic menu and it worked great, no issues with the Wii, all text is now in English.

Last edited by ca032769, Apr 17, 2019
  18. ChristianWS

ChristianWS Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2019
    Brazil
    I forgot to update here, but I've managed to use ModMii correctly, I also installed bootmii as boot2, everything went fine. Thank you for helping.

However, since the Wii was used, and previously modded, I discovered there's a couple of channels from the previous user, some of those channels are duplicate from the ones ModMii installed(WiiSpeak, Internet, forecast, news, etc.. I choose to install everything because I thought it would update them, but it appears to me those channels are Japanese), I've tried removing all of them using the System Menu, by mistake I removed a Channel installed by ModMii(WiiSpeak) instead of the duplicate one, but I don't really care about that and I managed to remove everything else.

The problem is there's a couple of channels that I can't remove using the System Menu, they're duplicates of News and Forecast, a Loader that actually opens NeoGamma or something, and what I assumed to be a forwarder of USB Loader GX.

The problem is that I recently discovered that the USB Loader GX on the System meny isn't the same version as the one I installed using ModMii, and open by Homebrew Channel. I would need to remove the USB Loader GX installed(alongside News, Forecast and NeoGamma), and then learn how to make a forwarder for the USB Loader GX that is on my SD Card

19. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    U can remove most channels from the Wii's data management menu. For any that longer CAREFULLY use any title deleter. I think dopmii and mmm also have this built into them. Note that if u delete the wrong thing u could semi-brick. But since u have bootmii installed as boot2 u are brick proof.

ModMii's usb loader forwarder will also launch GX (all the paths are listed in your guide under the install wads step). You can also grab the UNEO forwarder from the GX repository if u want

ChristianWS likes this.
  20. ChristianWS

ChristianWS Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2019
    Brazil
    Thanks, I used AnyTitle Deleter Mod, I removed them, and reinstalled all of the channels just to be sure.