Hacking USB Loader GX: Details Error and Missing Game Banner?

Bryce304

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I click on Details for a game I get "Error: Could not open wiidb.xml". Is there a way to fix this?

Also, one of my games (Hasbro: Family Game Night 2) doesn't have a banner, but has a disc image. Why is that?

Thank you, everyone! :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1)
yes, download wiitdb.xml ;)

Settings > Update > wiitdb.xml
it could be named "gametdb" instead. it's "wii title database from gametdb.com website"

then, you can take advantage of that title database by doing this :
Settings > Features > Use wiitdb : Enabled

2)
I'm not sure to understand.
there could be different cause or reason why you get this.

1. you can download game covers by pressing 1 (or 2) on the wiimote.
2. banner animation are not available for gamecube games, and you need to download them (same than the covers, press 1 or 2 no wiimote) to get a custom made animated banner.
3. the banner animation is not always displayed, it depends which "visual mode" you select.
Settings > GUI > game window

rotating disc : you see the disc image for all games
banner : you see the banner for all games
banner on banner layout : you see the animated banners ONLY on the banner layout, the other layouts are displaying the rotating disc.

If you are on banner layout, using banner game window but still can't see your game's animated banner it means your game is corrupted.
find or dump a new ISO.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Bryce304

Bryce304

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)

it could be named "gametdb" instead. it's "wii title database from gametdb.com website"

2)

2. banner animation are not available for gamecube games, and you need to download them (same than the covers, press 1 or 2 no wiimote) to get a custom made animated banner.
3. the banner animation is not always displayed, it depends which "visual mode" you select.

banner on banner layout : you see the animated banners ONLY on the banner layout, the other layouts are displaying the rotating disc.

If you are on banner layout, using banner game window but still can't see your game's animated banner it means your game is corrupted.
find or dump a new ISO.

Wow! You are so helpful! I'll see if I can fix this now. I have disc animations on. Basically, there's no image for the game when I view it in (channel mode, I guess?). It does show an image in cover mode. Kind of just an OCD thing, as it is the only game not showing an image. Thanks again! :P

Last edited by Bryce304,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I said, your game is probably corrupted.
if it affects only the file where the animated banner is located, that's fine, you can play the game without issue.
but it could affect more files, and you could have crashes or freeze later in game.
I recommend you re-dump or find that game again, just to be safe. or play it until you have an issue (no guarantee you will ever find any issue).

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Bryce304

Bryce304

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, your game is probably corrupted.
if it affects only the file where the animated banner is located, that's fine, you can play the game without issue.
but it could affect more files, and you could have crashes or freeze later in game.
I recommend you re-dump or find that game again, just to be safe. or play it until you have an issue (not guarantee you will find any issue).

You were right again! It was just corrupted. Thanks a bunch. :)

natedogwoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)

2)

find or dump a new ISO.
I have seen you around a lot but anyway if you want me to I'll create my own issue on this so basically no matter what I do whenever I patch my ROM hacks for New super Mario Bros Wii on USB loader GX just ROM hacks for Wii games. But whenever I add them manually or via the Wii backup Manager app they added themselves correctly they say that hashes are correct and everything but when I go into USB loader GX it does the thing that was happening to him. I know it's corrupted but no matter what I try it does the same thing, it says ??? For the partitions most of the time but it shows that md5 hash but when I do the verifying on the sh1 and the md5 things it comes out as invalid. I also tried on Wii flow and it does the same thing but it fully soft locks it all the time for USB loader GX when I click on said corrupted game it takes like a couple seconds or just freezes USB loader GX but the music stays how normally does but I cannot move my Wii remote at all. But when I press start on the game it boots me back to the Wii menu also normal Wii games work just fine same with GameCube games by normal games I mean not ROM hacked games

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It feels like the issue could be your drive.
Is it a HDD, a flashdrive, or SD card ?
I'm not actively following the Wii scene and USBGX development so I can't help you a lot.
seeing it's happening on different loaders, with and without the backup manager, it feels the common point in the drive itself.

Try to install it with the manager (it displays as green, right?), then, right away do a sha1 check without putting the drive on the Wii, just to check the file you just copied.
you need to know if it's corrupting only AFTER plugging the drive to the wii, even though I don't know why it would corrupt only the modded games and not the non modded one.
that's just for curiosity.

But like I said, I don't come here as often as before, I might not follow your progress for debugging and helping you.
maybe someone else will help.

natedogwoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels like the issue could be your drive.
Is it a HDD, a flashdrive, or SD card ?
I'm not actively following the Wii scene and USBGX development so I can't help you a lot.
seeing it's happening on different loaders, with and without the backup manager, it feels the common point in the drive itself.

Try to install it with the manager (it displays as green, right?), then, right away do a sha1 check without putting the drive on the Wii, just to check the file you just copied.
you need to know if it's corrupting only AFTER plugging the drive to the wii, even though I don't know why it would corrupt only the modded games and not the non modded one.
that's just for curiosity.

But like I said, I don't come here as often as before, I might not follow your progress for debugging and helping you.
maybe someone else will help.
It is an external SSD 2tb from seagate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1