USB Loader GX: Details Error and Missing Game Banner?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Bryce304, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Bryce304
    OP

Bryce304 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    When I click on Details for a game I get "Error: Could not open wiidb.xml". Is there a way to fix this?

Also, one of my games (Hasbro: Family Game Night 2) doesn't have a banner, but has a disc image. Why is that?

Thank you, everyone! :)

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    1)
    yes, download wiitdb.xml ;)

Settings > Update > wiitdb.xml
    it could be named "gametdb" instead. it's "wii title database from gametdb.com website"

then, you can take advantage of that title database by doing this :
    Settings > Features > Use wiitdb : Enabled

2)
    I'm not sure to understand.
    there could be different cause or reason why you get this.

1. you can download game covers by pressing 1 (or 2) on the wiimote.
    2. banner animation are not available for gamecube games, and you need to download them (same than the covers, press 1 or 2 no wiimote) to get a custom made animated banner.
    3. the banner animation is not always displayed, it depends which "visual mode" you select.
    Settings > GUI > game window

rotating disc : you see the disc image for all games
    banner : you see the banner for all games
    banner on banner layout : you see the animated banners ONLY on the banner layout, the other layouts are displaying the rotating disc.

If you are on banner layout, using banner game window but still can't see your game's animated banner it means your game is corrupted.
    find or dump a new ISO.

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 11, 2017
    Bryce304 likes this.
  3. Bryce304
    OP

Bryce304 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    Wow! You are so helpful! I'll see if I can fix this now. I have disc animations on. Basically, there's no image for the game when I view it in (channel mode, I guess?). It does show an image in cover mode. Kind of just an OCD thing, as it is the only game not showing an image. Thanks again! :P

Last edited by Bryce304, Feb 11, 2017
  4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    like I said, your game is probably corrupted.
    if it affects only the file where the animated banner is located, that's fine, you can play the game without issue.
    but it could affect more files, and you could have crashes or freeze later in game.
    I recommend you re-dump or find that game again, just to be safe. or play it until you have an issue (no guarantee you will ever find any issue).

Last edited by Cyan, Feb 12, 2017
    Bryce304 likes this.
  5. Bryce304
    OP

Bryce304 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    You were right again! It was just corrupted. Thanks a bunch. :)