Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Awesome turtwig said:
My SD card slot is broken. So I'm going to send my Wii in for repairs. But, because I have the HBC and all these Mios and cios and junk on my Wii, will they do anything to it? I can't make a virgin wii because I can't run apps because my SD slot is broken... what should I do to my wii?
HBC can load apps of USB too

I just found that out... but can I load gct files off my USB? If I can I'm saved. I need to load the file replacement code for ssbb. I normally go through gecko os, but I can't. If I load this file replacement code, I hope it loads the files off my USB.

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for posting, but I looked EVERYWHERE for the HAXX - JOBI channel thing, it got deleted by updating my HomeBrew Channel (HBC installer dose that.) So can someone post the GBATemp thread? thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Awesome turtwig said:
So tj, is there a way to load gct files off a usb?
Not that I know

Or maybe GX does if you put all custom paths as USB:/
But then you need a working drive with WBFS partition
And I don't know if it has codes for DVD yet, only for USB games

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Awesome turtwig said:
So tj, is there a way to load gct files off a usb?
Not that I know

Or maybe GX does if you put all custom paths as USB:/
But then you need a working drive with WBFS partition
And I don't know if it has codes for DVD yet, only for USB games

Oh, well are you a coder or do you know any coders that could make a quick one? Someone told me it shouldn't be too hard to make a Gecko os kinda thing that loads gct files off a flash drive. You could just change the paths like you said. If you get this to happen I would be so grateful. Do you think it could be done?

pelverish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afew questions
1) I cant seem to open any Iso file of Wii games that I download, how come?
2) any scrubbed ISo games dosent work for my Wii
3) can my Wii get bricked from downloading games?
4) is there such a thing as half bricked?
5) is brick fixble?
6) theres alot of things I dont really know cuz all that Wii thing is really new for me
so any tips or things you think I should know for safe, fun, long lasting, LIVING with my Wii?

buggers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, could use some help. I followed the directions from the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide thread ( http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 ), after all was said and done this is the situation I am in:

----------------

A Fresh Boot boots to BootMii:
Selecting Homebrew Channel from BootMii presents a blank screen
Selecting Wii System from BootMii loads into preloader (preloader v0.29, IOS v60, Systemmenu v449)

From Preloader:
Selecting Homebrew Channel presents error message (Error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?)
Selecting Systemmenu shows Wii Menu with Homebrew Channel, the Wii System Settings show Version 4.1U

If I access Homebrew Channel from here, Wad Manager GUI 1.5 shows an exception, then exits to blank screen.

My Old backup launcher (from previous WAD install) will still play some backups, and running NeoGamma R7 shows 'cIOS has revision 10, NeoGamma was written for revision 14 and up), however it seems same backups that run with the backup launcher will run with NeoGamma.

------------------------

Did I miss something along the way? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Awesome turtwig said:
Oh, well are you a coder or do you know any coders that could make a quick one? Someone told me it shouldn't be too hard to make a Gecko os kinda thing that loads gct files off a flash drive. You could just change the paths like you said. If you get this to happen I would be so grateful. Do you think it could be done?
It can be done
I'm not really a coder myself, sorry

QUOTE(pelverish @ Oct 10 2009, 01:39 AM) afew questions
1) I cant seem to open any Iso file of Wii games that I download, how come? Cause ISO files have to be burned on a disc. You don't open them on a pc
2) any scrubbed ISo games dosent work for my Wii Then don't scrub them
3) can my Wii get bricked from downloading games? Yeah, if the game is from another region and updates the wii.
4) is there such a thing as half bricked? Yes, a semi-brick. You can't access the settings with one like these.
5) is brick fixble? Most of them are, but you need the right things installed before you brick it.
6) theres alot of things I dont really know cuz all that Wii thing is really new for me
so any tips or things you think I should know for safe, fun, long lasting, LIVING with my Wii? Use guides and don't do things yourself. Read the stickied topics

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok i have a couple of questions.

1) If i was to remove all the mods on my Wii would i be able to keep all my VC/Wiiware games that are on my SD card and still play them?

2)If i'm only using my Wii to play VC/Wiiware/Emulators & legit games is DVDX necessary?because i keep getting disc read errors refer to the operational manual on a brand new Wii.

3.)If DVDX isnt the problem in #2 then what would be causing it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
syko5150 said:

1) If i was to remove all the mods on my Wii would i be able to keep all my VC/Wiiware games that are on my SD card and still play them?
Depends, if the VC/WW are are legit, you will. Else, you'll need to keep the system menu IOS patched (using DOP-IOS)

2)If I'm only using my Wii to play VC/Wiiware/Emulators & legit games is DVDX necessary? because i keep getting disc read errors refer to the operational manual on a brand new Wii.
DVDx is only needed for emulators/mplayer_ce if they have to load things from disc. All other things don't need it.

3)If DVDX isnt the problem in #2 then what would be causing it?
No idea really

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
syko5150 said:

Depends, if the VC/WW are are legit, you will. Else, you'll need to keep the system menu IOS patched (using DOP-IOS)

2)If I'm only using my Wii to play VC/Wiiware/Emulators & legit games is DVDX necessary? because i keep getting disc read errors refer to the operational manual on a brand new Wii.
DVDx is only needed for emulators/mplayer_ce if they have to load things from disc. All other things don't need it.

3)If DVDX isnt the problem in #2 then what would be causing it?
No idea really
Ok thanks for your help =)

ante80

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been using homebrew for more than a year now. No problems.
I think I know most of the important things to safely use my softmodded wii.

Recently I started to get more interested in how things work "behind the scene".
How things are installed, and how they are run. (Been reading this forum for a long time, just now signed up for an account)

One question I have is how can HBC get installed as a channel/title without the need of a cIOS. (using hackmii installer)
I meen all other titles (.wad) needs to be installed using cIOS or fakesigned IOS, and program such as Wadmanager.

I guess the same question applies to Bootmii IOS and DVDx as well.

Hope someone can shed some light over my questions.

Zalda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
okay, so how do i install cios 14?
i have the hbc, wadmanager and i have the IOS38-64-v3609.wad file on the root of my sd card
and in the apps folder i have a folder cIOSrev14 with a boot.dol file in it.
i pick the wad installation on my wii in the installer, and then it says error ret=-1
it has found the .wad file already, I read that on my wii.
what should I do now?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zalda said:
okay, so how do i install cios 14?
i have the hbc, wadmanager and i have the IOS38-64-v3609.wad file on the root of my sd card
and in the apps folder i have a folder cIOSrev14 with a boot.dol file in it.
i pick the wad installation on my wii in the installer, and then it says error ret=-1
it has found the .wad file already, I read that on my wii.
what should I do now?
you need IOS38-64-v3610.wad on the root of SD

DaMaster121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm currently on 4.1e, but everytime i go to wad manager and select ios249 as the ios the remote dies and the same thing happens if i attempt to install cios 3.4 and my usb loader no longer loads up.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi Every 1 im back with another noob question, here is the sit. i just updated from 4.1 to 4.2 using zektors safe update. so now my preloader is gone and ive made a new nand backup using bootmi. oh and yes bootmii is installed as boot2.

my question is if my wii bricks, and it might cause im still not able to play my VC/Wiiware games (so you know im still messing with it). Will i be able to restore my Wii using only bootmii and my nand backup, or am i at risk without preloader v0.29?

also i get a black screen then returns to the system menu every time i try to load VC game. why?

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi i just fall on the temptation of installing HBC 1.0.5. But want to go back to my normal config which goes like: CIOSCORP v1(miiwii pack), cIOS rev 10, and brawl + running trough gecko.

The problem is when i installed new HBC i also installed a clean IOS36 which make my brawl unreadable from Disc Channel and gecko. I downgraded to old homebrew channel(1.0.3) but i still cant load brawl trough DC(nor gecko).

my noob question is: can i just install again IOS36v2 from miiwii pack or must i reinstall the whole thing?
thx for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7