Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Theres a large number of non-wii titles in "titles.txt" downloaded through CFG Loader, from Gametdb.com

A few titles include:

JDLP = Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - an SNES game
JCJE = Super Punch-Out!! - an SNES game
JC8E = Final Fantasy II - an SNES game
LAGE = Sonic The Hedgehog, I think its a 3DS game
NAAE = Super Mario 64 - an N64 game
FCWE = Super Mario Bros. 3 - an NES game
FBYE = Super Mario Bros. 2 - an NES game
FAGP = Super Mario Bros. - an NES game

I Downloaded all Titles from that txt file, but I only got the wii & GC games, none of these other titles downloaded..

any idea how to DL cover art for those titles?

and is it possible to get N64, SNES, or NES games to display at the same menu with Wii & GC games through CFG Loader?

or, secondly, is there anyway to launch N64, SNES, or NES games through their own menu with Cover Art, in their own Channel, without going through Homebrew, etc?

I think its a great project, and I'd like to work on figuring out how to make wii play all the pre-Wii Nintendo games, if anyone else is interested or has any information, please let me know..

thanks

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of those are virtual console. Why would Sonic The Hedgehog be for the 3DS? The wii has both the Megadrive/Genesis and Master System versions. To get virtual console stuff to show up in cfg loader, you have to use an emulated nand.

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think it'd be totally the awesomest thing ever if Nintendo offered this function straight out of the box with Wii-U

And included all of the NES, SNES, & N64 ROMs in the Wii-Us internal memory, with loaders for each, or all on one loader. with cover art for each game

Wii-U would sell through the roof

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
All of those are virtual console. Why would Sonic The Hedgehog be for the 3DS? The wii has both the Megadrive/Genesis and Master System versions. To get virtual console stuff to show up in cfg loader, you have to use an emulated nand.

thanks

i saw the list here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

but they dont really go into much detail and dont really say if they can show up in CFG with other Wii Games, and where to get the cover art

I installed the Atari 2600 emulator, but it was just a Homebrew list, I'd still like to get that on a channel as well

any info on how to get those into CFG or on their own channel?

I have no idea..

thanks alot

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
and if Atari & Sega would team up with Nintendo, they could include all of those games in internal memory as well, with cover art, in loaders..

wow. I'd buy 3 of them

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go on the Homebrew Browser and download the emulators. They'll be options just like the USB Loader option in the HBC. I'm not sure if they'll show up in the CFG app, though; never tried that.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
LAGE = Sonic The Hedgehog, I think its a 3DS game

thanks

>Sonic The Hedgehog

>3DS

Time to sit and sob in a corner
(Look for Channel Forwarders for the Wii Emulators you like. Like "VBAWii forwarder". And install it. That will make the emulator appear in a loader, as well as on the Wii menu screen)

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You can go on the Homebrew Browser and download the emulators. They'll be options just like the USB Loader option in the HBC. I'm not sure if they'll show up in the CFG app, though; never tried that.

My Wii isnt online... so I'll need to install them manually

isnt this a complete list of Wii Emulators? http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

It appears theres just about one for each System..

• Genesis Plus for Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, & Game Gear
  • SMSPlus for Sega Master System & Game Gear
  • WiiMednafen for Sega Mega System, Sega Genesis, NES, some Handhelds
I would like to use a few of those emulators through a Forwarder Channel, which opens up a list of Games with Cover art...

is that possible?

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
>Sonic The Hedgehog

>3DS

Time to sit and sob in a corner
(Look for Channel Forwarders for the Wii Emulators you like. Like "VBAWii forwarder". And install it. That will make the emulator appear in a loader, as well as on the Wii menu screen)
well, it says: LAGE = Sonic The Hedgehog.. and I think that entire list is Nintendo titles.. and Nintendo does have several Sonic games.. and Googling LAGE led me to 3DS page.. but anyway..

are you saying that you need to find Forwarder Channels that someone else has made specifically for one Emulator? there are no forwarders that work with more than one emulator?

the VBAWii Forwarder you linked to states: "i decided to create my own VBAGX forwarder channel which matches Vibestar's SNES and NES channels.."

which emulator is it for?? and does that mean it can play SNES & NES both?

also, is there any detailed tutorial on how to get the above emulators to work with specific channel forwarders, safely..?

thanks

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Actually I think I got the cover art for NES & SNES etc from the direct DL Zip files from Gametdb.. Wii Backup Manager doesnt DL those, even with "all" selected.

So far, I like these:

FCE Ultra GX Cover w/ Coverflow Mod

Genesis Plus GX w/ Cartflow Mod

Snes9xGX - using (i think) VBA GX Forwarder Channel

But I would like to know if there are Forwarder channels for FCE Ultra GX with Coverflow Mod & Genesis Plus GX w/ Cartflow Mod

I also really wonder if Atari 2600 has a Coverflow/Cartflow Mod.. and a Forwarder Channel

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii isnt online... so I'll need to install them manually

isnt this a complete list of Wii Emulators? http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

It appears theres just about one for each System..

• Genesis Plus for Sega Genesis, Sega Master System, & Game Gear
  • SMSPlus for Sega Master System & Game Gear
  • WiiMednafen for Sega Mega System, Sega Genesis, NES, some Handhelds
I would like to use a few of those emulators through a Forwarder Channel, which opens up a list of Games with Cover art...

is that possible?

Well you can install a channel forwarder for WiiFlow and that gives you access to them, I believe. I've never had emulators in my Wii, so I'm not sure exactly how that works. But you should be able to download the covers for them in there too. Yeah, when you get your Wii online again, you should get them. I haven't heard of another way of getting them.

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hmm.. thanks..

any reason wiiflow would give access and CFG loader doesnt?

I've only ever used CFG Loader actually

I think I have most of the covers.. I guess I just need to know which folder to put them in..

No, Im not putting my Wii online... no need to ever use anything online for me.. If I was into online I'd probably just use Playstation 3 or 4

Its actually a set up for kids use mostly, Homebrew just isnt very kid friendly, and you can get into trouble in there if theres anything at all on the USB Drive other than games..

I put my Homebrew several pages back, and I'd just like a few Channels on the front page with good images, that load into the Emulator GUI

So, I'm just looking for the best way to do that, offline.. all through channel loaders..

Tenzen

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
-

I think what I need is to find out a way to add to forwarder channels

can you just add a forwarder channel to any Homebrew item? or does the forwarder have to be custom built for a specific application?

I know that USBLoaderCFG is a custom forwarder specifically for loading USB Drives, and thats the only Forwarder I've ever added myself..

I also have NeoGamma, but I didnt do that one.. but thats specific to reading Backup Disks, I think.. i've seldom used it.

It would seem to me that there should be application to simply create a channel from a *.dol file at a specified path

The Logo would likely not be animated though.. and Most Forwarders have Animation & Music..

Are there any experienced Channel Forwarder Creators out there that could tell me a bit about how to get a forwarder set up for, say, Atari2600, or FCE Ultra GX??

I'd even be willing to try and create my own Channel Forwarder if anyone can point me in the right direction, maybe a good Tutorial on it, or something

thanks alot

-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.