sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Well this certainly explains why the highly anticipated Super Smash Bros. Brawl didn't show up on the European release list we told you about earlier. Videogamer.com contacted Nintendo upon noticing the omission, and was told that SSBB wasn't due out in Europe until after the second quarter of 2008. That means post June, for a game coming out in January in Japan and February in the US. Ouch. I would suggest that Europeans start shopping for a North American Wii, but apparently we don't have any. I really feel for you folks across the pond right now. The comment section is here for you. Let it all out."

Source: Kotaku

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
may be with the swap trick, I expect a lot of people will chip their wiis just to be able to play the game if they haven't already

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo of Europe delaying a game for a stupid and unnecessarily long time?

SHOCK HORROR!
ph34r.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the opposite, guys. Finding a PAL-compatible TV set is just about impossible in this entire country.

Think of the ridiculous delay of Taito Legends 2 here also. Not to mention little or nothing here ever supported a SCART cable in it's heyday.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's the opposite, guys. Finding a PAL-compatible TV set is just about impossible in this entire country.

Think of the ridiculous delay of Taito Legends 2 here also. Not to mention little or nothing here ever supported a SCART cable in it's heyday.

Using a Mod chip to emulate another region game doesn't require you to use a different region tv.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. But I've got a PAL Mega Drive 2 which is fairly useless since it won't show up on normal TVs here. Suppose modding the system (which I absolutely LACK the technical skill for) would fix that however.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

booh hoo, out of all the games you get before us you worry about one game LOL as for SSBB i really really really really hope it works on pal Wii's

oh and most modern tv's have both 50hertz and 60hertz so it shouldn't really be a problem.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have it wrong, Kotaku may have it wrong. Both sites report different months but posted the details the same day, so it could be June, July, August, September - but one thing is for certain, it won't be before June. If they delay it in the US and JPN then expect it to be more Q3 I reckon than Q2

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The thing I'm wondering about is if Brawl wasn't delayed until February in the US would the EU date still be mid 2008?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Then name it. Link me to the official manufacturer specifications of a TV set currently sold new at brick and mortar stores in the continental US that supports PAL input directly from an external source.

You're correct about most TVs in Europe by far allowing both 50hz and 60hz.
smile.gif
That isn't true of ones widely available here by any indication I can find. And I've been involved with the video game industry for some 15 years. Back in my day... LOAD "*" ,8,1 was perhaps the single most important action I had to know.

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
In either case, this sucks. Americans will have another big head start on an awesome game much like Pokemon D/P. Meh. I don't think Nintendo can be blamed if they need time to translate everything but a global or close release would be much better for us Europeans.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
The sad one is Mega Man 6. To this very day, it's never been officially released in any PAL region, in any form, for any platform, ever. This is exactly like how Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger also remain.
lecture.gif

gambit420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Dear Nintendo,

i am a longtime fan of your games, own from nes on every machine you produced. Personaly speaking, i think piracy is a bitch because games you used to create and still create are so enjoyable, so much fun to play and just the way games should be. I know that producing such games cost money, and the designers/gamecreators wanna earn some bucks/major bucks. Everything ok with me, but don't try to tell me that fucking TRANSLATING A GAME is the reason why you fuck up european gamers. the european market is nowadays economical important. so please please overthink your reasons for giving SMASH BROS to us so so fucking late! By these time, every fucking secret of this game will be revealed, us and jp gamers will laught at us "noobs".
If you really going to release this game so LATE, you will be suprised how piracy is going to conquer your machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does...