Hacking Question No response from switch after restoring boot0/boot1, help?

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: partially solved. Still hangs in hekate when trying to launch any of the options, though. Same install and atmosphere etc (from the kosmos/sd zip package) that was working before all this. the boot0/boot1 are still from the backup, dunno if that effects it

....console was updated via Nintendo, so fuses are burnt, from what I've read.. How screwed am I? and yes, the boot0/boot1 was from original nand backup of 1.0.0 system before anything. was updated to current 8.1.0

Won't show in RCM. Won't appear on Windows. Won't respond at all. AutoRCM was enabled (though not turned off/on after the restore and before powering off from hekate

There's an emummc on the sd card but idk if that's any help. I only had things working for a day before deciding to try and clean the sysnand for online. Is there no hope?

Just saw the psa about downgrading.. I know I'm adding to the mess, I'm really sorry, but if there's any hope, please respond. I dumped like everything before starting all this. Idk if maybe it turned autorcm off even though it said it was on. I know that results in a boot loop and the likely only solution is to let it die, charge it just enough to attempt a jig, and retry that with low battery until it boots rcm on the first try and tegrarcm reads it. considering I only have a paperclip, I'm willing to do it yet hoping that's not my only recourse...

I'll answer anything I can with the best clarity I can manage. If I can just get into rcm then cfw sysnand should ignore the fuses so I can update back to 8.1.0 via choujin. All I need is that, right..? There has to be a way :< was lucky to come across a free switch. probably won't ever be able to get one again.. any ideas are beyond appreciated.

Last edited by verispi,

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
free as in hoarded by a relative on release week and abandoned.

holding the power button yields no response. it would usually boot to rcm from AutoRCM being on.. but it won't..

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So try the RCM jig? It can't be software related issue as autoRCM can't be 'broken' software-wise and we've established that your switch isn't ipatched

Last edited by Qubarf,
Reactions: verispi

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I do it with the usb-c cord attached so I know when it works? Or wouldn't I have to wait for it to die? Was around 52%

Qubarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Do this:

• Hold the powerbutton for 15 seconds.
  • Put in autoRCM jig
  • press volume up and power button
  • Plug in to your computer

It should work, if it doesn't there is something wrong with your jig or copper connections (trying cleaning the joycon 'port' with a cotton bud or something)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
Dude you flashed the origianl boot files right? That 'fixed' the autoRCM (boot0 corruption) so it boots normally. And obviously it won't boot because the fuses are incorrect. So just do what I said above and then 'install' autoRCM using Hekate again

Problem solved :D

BTW: this is what autoRCM is
AutoRCM is a controlled brick, bricking a part of the boot0/1 to make the console believe it's bricked and boot straight to RCM (recovery mode). This means that if you're not careful around AutoRCM, you can end up damaging your console. Please take care when using AutoRCM.

Last edited by Qubarf,
Reactions: verispi

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy hell I love you... so even by basically bricking, it's still a repeat of the same measures to take when injecting a wrong payload (like just shoving reinx through tegrarcm to see what happens). It crossed my mind that maybe resetting AutoRCM before shutting down would've prevented this as it would've maybe applied it to the clean boot0 from the backup. I'm just glad I wasn't down to ground zero

It's showed up! Thank you guys I love you feel free to abduct me lmao <3

So, I'm in hekate. Just boot cfw sysnand and update via choujin to fix the last part?

Last edited by verispi,

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're a savior <3

eh hey.. none of the launch options work. just takes me back to hekate or freezes on the "hekate - ipl | custom NX bootloader" screen. know where a guide might be..?

Reactions: Qubarf

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
you're a savior <3

eh hey.. none of the launch options work. just takes me back to hekate or freezes on the "hekate - ipl | custom NX bootloader" screen. know where a guide might be..?
You have the latest Atmosphere on your sd card?

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The boot0 and boot1 are still from the clean backup, though. All I managed was to get back into hekate and turn autorcm back on so far

Injecting the fusee_atmosphere.bin directly before hekate gives "Failed to decrypt the Package2 header (master key revision 0)!"

cfw sysnand hangs on hekate-ipl splash

cfw emummc hangs on hekate-ipl splash

stock sysnand hangs on hekate-ipl splash

same setup I had been booting with. should I remove everything off the SD and lay out new folders from the kosmos/sd zip?

edit: tried putting new cfw files on the sd.. still hangs

Last edited by verispi,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes. The boot0 and boot1 are still from the clean backup, though. All I managed was to get back into hekate and turn autorcm back on so far

Injecting the fusee_atmosphere.bin directly before hekate gives "Failed to decrypt the Package2 header (master key revision 0)!"

cfw sysnand hangs on hekate-ipl splash

cfw emummc hangs on hekate-ipl splash

stock sysnand hangs on hekate-ipl splash

same setup I had been booting with. should I remove everything off the SD and lay out new folders from the kosmos/sd zip?

edit: tried putting new cfw files on the sd.. still hangs
You still have the wrong boot files restored. And you don't have a backup for 8.1.0. I think you need to rebuild this files.

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Package2 cannot be decrypted. It seems to be what's keeping me from booting past hekate (and thusly what keeps me from fixing the boot files back to 8.1.0 ones by upgrading manually via choijour)

verispi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I came across those... you think I should use them over restoring the kernel (Package2) to match with the restored boot sectors?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end