no$gba microphone substitute

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kira1000, Nov 20, 2010.

Nov 20, 2010

no$gba microphone substitute by kira1000 at 4:33 AM (9,016 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. kira1000
    OP

Newcomer kira1000 Advanced Member

Australia
    Hello, is there any alternative to using a microphone in no$gba? I need it for several of the games I have.

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    There is a way, which involves converting whatever sound your PC is outputting into an internal microphone input.
    Read this for more details (taken from ngemu.com)
    If the microphone use is simple (Phoenix Wright), then this works. If you actually need to play a song (Zelda) or something, then it won't work. Edit: To clarify, simple means just blowing into the DS mic. This will work, as opposed to needing to play a rhythm using the mic, which will not work.
    Also, another thing to do is to upload your save file and have someone with a microphone or flash cart beat the part for you.

3. kira1000
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for the reply, this can actually be modified to work with other games with actual phrases needed, just turn no$gba's volume down and play a song with the words you want in the background and voila, I could have also used the enable mic feature but that does not allow the fluctuations needed for certain games, that just boosts to the top in some and halfway in others.

4. usagi_no_neo

Newcomer usagi_no_neo Newbie

United States
    DeSmuMe has a configuration setting that allows you to use a standard mic that you can plug into your PC

Though the emulator itself isn't up to snuff with no$gba 3D graphics wise, it is decent and does what it's supposed to

5. kira1000
    OP

Australia
    @DeMoN: can you please tell me the name of the thread where you got the info from, I would like to check it out for myself as the trick worked the first attempt I made and ever since then it simply does not work. Maybe someone on NGEMU knows what is wrong.
    @usagi_no_neo:sorry, my pc is too slow for desmume, it will not even run warioware at all on mine, no$gba is the only one that works for me, appreciate the suggestion though.

6. draken29

Newcomer draken29 Newbie

United States
    Try using no$zoomer.

It has its own microphone enhancement that you could turn on and off every time you want to use it.
    I got pass Phoenix Wright with it, just turn on your sound in no$gba and you're done [​IMG]

7. kira1000
    OP

Australia
    Zoomer does not work for all blowing games either, it works for lost in blue and phoenix wright but not others such as Duck Amuck where you need more finess/power then zoomer provides, the audacity trick wworks now, I have been using it more and more to get past microphone points in different titles.

8. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    I actually just plugged a mic into the computer, and tried it with Nintendogs before. It worked, but it was still scratchy sounding.

9. SKJmin

Member SKJmin Alpha And Omega

Turkey
    Dude, download No$Zoomer, I could swear I've seen something about the micro thingy, give it a try!^^
    It's much better as using the no$gba-emu only...

But some games aren't working very ell [​IMG]
    For which game do you need this?

10. draken29

Newcomer draken29 Newbie

United States
    Well yeah if you want to play Zelda then its definitely won't work well but it's much more easier to use than audacity.