I own this desert, bitches!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I'm stuck between these three really good games, I got only NMH1 and havent ever played SMG or MH before. I got some money to buy something, I just dont know which one of these three. I've seen people saying that MH3 is really long offline and online. I've also seen people say that SMG2 and NMH2 are very fun & entertaining.

Please 'Tempers, help me! I am desperate!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually, I've found the offline part of MH3 to be REALLY short. But the online part should be pretty long
tongue.gif

I would go with SMG2, you can't go wrong with it
smile.gif
It's a really awesome game.

If you've liked NMH1, NMH2 could also be an option, a lot of people said it was a lot better than the first one
smile.gif

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MH3 is only long because it's slow as all fuck and based entirely around grinding. Your chances of getting a game you have fun with are probably the highest with SMG2.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'd say NMH2, it's 20x better than the first game and that rarely happens in this day and age with game sequels.
I just hope they don't make No More Heroes: The Movie, only god knows how they would ruin it....

Theraima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
So from what I've seen for the length's of the games is roughly : NMH2 About 7-10 hours, SMG2 About 15-20 hours and MH3 About 50+hours & online.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
Buy all them!

This is what I did

QUOTE(Theraima @ Jun 15 2010, 09:49 AM) So from what I've seen for the length's of the games is roughly : NMH2 About 7-10 hours, SMG2 About 15-20 hours and MH3 About 50+hours & online.

I don't know if I'm slow or something but 50 hours flew by with MH3. Never have I spent so much time with a game and felt like I've barely got anywhere.

Theraima

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Just killed Shinobu in NMH1 and noticed that the first NMH is kinda.. well.. at first its hella good but it gets so boring and no actual replayability. Kinda leaning on NMH2 and SMG2.. Also now that I watched Nintendos E3 Conference made me want Twilight Princess
smileipb2.png

Im thinking of buying SMG2 first and while playing it collect money for NMH2. Yeah. I'll do that. Case closed.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. I find diehard NMH 1 fans found NMH 2 to be quite disappointing. I did. Weaker storyline and the overall product seemed very cut of what we wanted. Starting at rank 51, you'd think you'd get 51 bosses. That's hardly the case. And the storyline took itself too seriously, at least Travis' emotions. The first game had an excellent storyline because it was basically "Hi, I'm Travis, I just felt like doing whatever the fuck I wanted to do so now I'm killing people as an assassin." Not to mention they made a pretty bad choice by just throwing out all the problems with the first one and replacing them instead of just fixing them. Like the open world is now gone. If they made a good open world in the second game it'd be awesome.

Monster Hunter Tri... IDK. I played it and it's a very niche game. It appeals to your OCD side. It's all about collecting and item grinding. Killing monsters, mining, finding resources and getting profit for them. No storyline or much variation. But that OCD side really does get the best of you, depending on what kind of person you are.

You can't go wrong with SMG2. It's just as good as the first and the first was probably the best game of this generation.

I say fuck it all and buy MadWorld and a bunch of other games. MadWorld is short but it's an absolutely great game and you can get it quite cheap.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Theraima said:
Just killed Shinobu in NMH1 and noticed that the first NMH is kinda.. well.. at first its hella good but it gets so boring and no actual replayability. Kinda leaning on NMH2 and SMG2.. Also now that I watched Nintendos E3 Conference made me want Twilight Princess
smileipb2.png

Im thinking of buying SMG2 first and while playing it collect money for NMH2. Yeah. I'll do that. Case closed.
Sounds like a good idea.

I wish I could get into Monster Hunter Tri so I could enjoy it online with some people, but. It just made me fall asleep.
But at the same time, if I'm wide awake, I probably don't feel like playing Monster Hunter to begin with. We'll see how that works out though.

No More Heroes 2 is pretty cheap already so that's also a good choice, since it's well worth buying at full price anyway.

And of course, you can never go wrong with Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY...