Hacking Hardware Homebrew In terms of hardmodding, what has been achieved with the series consoles?

smugmug7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know hacking these consoles is kinda pointless for most of people due to the dev mode and that microsoft has made a huge effort to ensure that its systems are well secured, but has anything ever been done in terms of hardmodding? Dumping and writing nands, decrypting keys, that general fun stuff we used to do in the 360 era.
I ask because I've seen groups engaged on jailbreaking the ps4/5, but I'm not really sure where the xbox scene stands right now. I saw that a xOne nand dump was made, but has anything been done past that?

Thanks for the attention!

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know hacking these consoles is kinda pointless for most of people due to the dev mode and that microsoft has made a huge effort to ensure that its systems are well secured, but has anything ever been done in terms of hardmodding? Dumping and writing nands, decrypting keys, that general fun stuff we used to do in the 360 era.
I ask because I've seen groups engaged on jailbreaking the ps4/5, but I'm not really sure where the xbox scene stands right now. I saw that a xOne nand dump was made, but has anything been done past that?

Thanks for the attention!
Not very much at the minute. Dev mode is about enough we can get.

TomChaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Pretty much nothing. The modern Xbox security system held up for literally 10 years.

Current research is mostly based on leaked devkits and unprogrammed blank SoC chips, we barely know how it works beneath the surface, not to mention designing a method that will work on retail systems and persist through updates.

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much nothing. The modern Xbox security system held up for literally 10 years.

Current research is mostly based on leaked devkits and unprogrammed blank SoC chips, we barely know how it works beneath the surface, not to mention designing a method that will work on retail systems and persist through updates.
Are you referring to unfused chips? I'd love to read about that if you have a link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol