NitroSwan - A WonderSwan emulator for NDS

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have exactly the same result, I use an R4 Gold Pro SDHC 2016 with a DS Lite and an EZ Flash 3in1.

In order for my memory expansion pak to be recognized, I go through YSmenu.

I used memtestARM to overclock my expansion pak and test if it was recognized and it is (I also tried to run other homebrews using the expansion pak like C&C and everything works fine)

So, for me, the problem does not come from the hardware.

However, I don't have any message indicating "Trying EXP-RAM" displayed on the screen, the only message I get is "file too large"

This morning I found an official memory expansion pak (nintendo browser), I should receive it in a few days to test it and see the difference.

Still the same
Same for me with the last .nds file

Maybe @mrparrot2 can help if he sees this post.
That's the first thing I thought of when I made my test after reading your post on the previous page, great minds meet! :lol:

Last edited by Indy13,
Reactions: CrashMidnick

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much @FluBBa for all your work, it works with the EZ Flash 3in1! :bow:

I managed to launch Final Fantasy (english patched version), I'm going to do a series of tests with other games. :)

Do you think it would be possible to integrate memory expansion pak support for NGPDS?

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm doing a first little test return, so I tried a few games which work correctly (there are a few small display glitches or sound slowdowns on Golden Axe but nothing that prevents a good gaming experience, no at all on the contrary, it's completely playable and the rendering is quite impressive), the games I've tested so far are:

-FF
-FF 2
-Guilty Gear 2
-Golden Axe

The last one I tested was One Piece, it was a bit of a challenge given the size of the game (8 MB) and the result is great, it works, it's fluid and fast, it's really great ! :)

I would like to point out that during my tests I did not touch the settings, I remained on the default configuration so I suppose that it is very likely that an even better rendering could be possible if we start to refine the settings for each game.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe, I don't remember how the flash memory works on the NGP, if lucky it writes 16-bit all the time.
I'm not sure what I'm saying because I don't have as much knowledge in terms of hardware but if I understood correctly on this link it says that the flash memory of the cartridges can be from 4 to 16 Mbit

http://www.gametechwiki.com/w/index.php/Neo_Geo_Pocket_Color

Last edited by Indy13,

pon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I also only have the "M3 adapter (M3 Perfect mini SD)", so I was unable to launch games larger than 4MB.
Also, starting with V0.6.2, graphics no longer displayed correctly when attacking on the ground in "Blue Wing Blitz."

pon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tried it now, but the problem seems to occur occasionally.
If you set "Allow Refresh Change" to "Off", it seems that problems can easily occur.
It was only once, but even with V0.6.0, the graphics at the time of battle were not displayed correctly.

Start the attached saved file with "CONTINUE", press the "START" button, select "End Turn" and press "A button".
The battle begins.

You may not be able to confirm the problem.
very sorry.

I tried it many times and finally understood the cause.
Starting the game with "M3" inserted into "SLOT-2" seems to cause problems.

Therefore, it is not possible to reproduce the problem even if you use a saved file.
I'm sorry.

I unplugged the "M3" and tried it again, but it seems to happen once in a while when I set "Allow Refresh Change" to "Off".
It also happened in V0.6.0.
I don't know the cause.

Attachments

• Blue Wing Blitz (Japan).zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by pon,

pon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I apologize for not being able to figure out if there was a problem the other day and posting a series of strange posts in a hurry.
Moreover, since I rely on "Google Translate" to write, I am very unsure if the English is correct.
We sincerely hope that you will continue to use this bulletin board with peace of mind.

I bought Opera Mem Expansion, but the result was wonderful!
MAX speed FPS is higher than booting from the memory of the DS lite itself!
So, as a request, will the MAX FPS be higher if you launch a UNZIP game file with a 2MB or less from Opera Mem Expansion?

I was careful not to be as weird as possible, but this is the limit ...

Last edited by pon,
Reactions: FluBBa and Garcimak

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just finished some launch tests with PocketChallenge V2 "games", I'm not sure if these are the most fun games but in all cases, it works on DS Lite with an EZ3in1 ram expansion pak with the latest version of nitroswan

Reactions: FluBBa

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm getting a "File too large!" error with Rockman EXE N1 Battle.

Is it my rom? Or is there really a rom size limit?
Maybe your rom or maybe your expansion pak but I'm pretty sure it's not a rom size limit Rockman EXE N1 Battle is about 4mb the largest rom i've tested is One Piece and his size about 8mb, i've tested rockman exe n1 battle just now and it works fine for me, you should check for another rom and try to replugged your expansion pak

Last edited by Indy13,
Reactions: JuanMena

pon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
When I tried using M3 on v0.6.3, it worked as an external memory!
"Beatmania" has also worked!
wonderful!

Thank you for flubba!

And this is another story, but when I was doing "Rhyme Rider Kerorican", I noticed that "X+Y" could not be done.
So, can I assign "L = Y4 (left), R = Y2 (right), X= Y1 (up), Y = Y3 (Down)"?
I hope that you can switch from the current settings with "Controller Settings".
It has the advantage that you can input quickly, and you can use all the DS buttons.

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Out of curiosity is it still possible to play 4MB WonderSwanColor titles via the DS Lite, or does this only work on DSi and 3DS ?

(I tested Rockman.EXE WS but file is too large for my DS Lite)

Awesome emulator bdw, I'm super amazed and had loads of fun playing Mr. Driller on ds. ^ ^

Last edited by Mr_Cheddarcheese,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol