sonicstorm

Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Please get rid of the stupid touch screen. I would kill to see something more along the lines of a portable gamecube then another stupid DS. I want to see nintendo challenge graphics, portability and ease of play. I think the DS is probably the most unportable handheld, 80% of the time that I play mine I find it so unconfortable to hold and I end up putting it down a table or desk. Please nintendo lets see a portable gamecube.

Yeah i'm sure a portable Gamecube would be comfortable.
I mean who wouldn't want to hold a cube, much better than holding a DS.

I dont want to hold cube smart ass, I am justing saying something more along the lines of a portable gamecube meaning just graphics, gameplay and all the great games that gamecube had... like mario sunshine, metroid, mario tennis they would be amazing to play on a handheld. As everyone is saying, basically just a PSP Nintenstyle (and no god damn touch screen)

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well obviously better graphics.

Better speakers (louder, less tinny, and with more base).

I want them to make a bunch of 2D games for it, but of course better graphics would mean even less 2D games since that's what happened going from GBA to DS
frown.gif

Keep the clamshell design.

Make it so the touch screen can detect multiple touches at the same time.

Include an analog stick just above the D Pad. (I like the idea of the groove in the top clamshell for the analog stick to tuck into when it's closed.)

Built in rumble would be nice.

I could take or leave a camera.

All wi-fi games should use the microphone for optional in game chat.

Make the hinge on the clamshell a little tighter, so the screen doesn't flip to different positions when I do a slide in Mario Kart.

I really don't want them to bother with multimedia nonsense. I hate watching videos on a small screen and I have an iPod for music. It will only mean worse hardware, because they'll have to sacrifice something or raise the price. Video game systems should be primarily for video games. PSP's main failure is that their main selling point is multimedia, not great games.

And the last one Nintendo won't do, at least on purpose, but I'd like it to be designed in a way that makes things easy on homebrew developers and modders.

Also, that virtual bottom screen for the buttons, that someone mentioned, is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. It would be horrible to not get any tactile feedback from the controls. You'd constantly have to look at your hands to make sure you were touching the buttons and would feel really detached from gameplay.

I also don't care for those mock-ups that were posted. Much too segmented looking (IE ugly) and I'd rather a portable system be thinner than not as wide. My pockets are long so, they fit the DS fine, but I don't want them to bulge more than necessary.

iffy525

not famous
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Make it so the touch screen can detect multiple touches at the same time.

Also, that virtual bottom screen for the buttons, that someone mentioned, is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. It would be horrible to not get any tactile feedback from the controls. You'd constantly have to look at your hands to make sure you were touching the buttons and would feel really detached from gameplay.
tru dat

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't know if multi touch would work well in a small screen like the DS.. Multi touch is made to be used with your finger, most DS games couldn't be played without the stylus.. and I don't see much application of it for games that a simple touch screen can't already do..

JacobReaper

I Love You....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think a new handheld is a LONG way away. Nintendo is gonna ride this cash cow until every person in the world owns one. Then they will either redesign it again or announce a new handheld.

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States
Please get rid of the stupid touch screen. I would kill to see something more along the lines of a portable gamecube then another stupid DS. I want to see nintendo challenge graphics, portability and ease of play. I think the DS is probably the most unportable handheld, 80% of the time that I play mine I find it so uncomfortable to hold and I end up putting it down a table or desk. Please nintendo lets see a portable gamecube.
Then why do you have it in the first place? and if you love the psp so much why don't you play that instead and sell your ds if it's so ugly and uncomfortable for your deformed dolphin hands

*fixed all of sonicstorm's bad spelling*

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please get rid of the stupid touch screen. I would kill to see something more along the lines of a portable gamecube then another stupid DS. I want to see nintendo challenge graphics, portability and ease of play. I think the DS is probably the most unportable handheld, 80% of the time that I play mine I find it so uncomfortable to hold and I end up putting it down a table or desk. Please nintendo lets see a portable gamecube.

Then why do you have it in the first place? and if you love the psp so much why don't you play that instead and sell your ds if it's so ugly and uncomfortable for your deformed dolphin hands

*fixed all of sonicstorm's bad spelling*
I agree that the DS isn't very comfortable, especially when compared to the Gameboy line.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know they won't do this but I want it anyway -

A New Game Boy. A Game Boy with the power of the Gamecube, and is backwardly compatible with the GBA. Square screen, I hate that widescreen crap, and analog sticks, two of them. I'm not interested in the new ways of playing, I love the old-school stuff.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo should make these things called 'flash carts'. But then if they did, we'd probably have to pay for ROMs. Ugh..

Better volume control. The slidy thing is hard to control. Have like volume up and down buttons like the PSP.

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States
Compared to the original GB and the original GBA the ds/lite is a god sent, i hated the gba when i first got it and had to get extra grips because it hurt my hand and gave me cramps, i can say for you tho the original ds design is bad(fixed in lite redesign) but it was no where as bad as the OGB and OGBA

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo should make these things called 'flash carts'. But then if they did, we'd probably have to pay for ROMs. Ugh..

Better volume control. The slidy thing is hard to control. Have like volume up and down buttons like the PSP.

I don't mind the volume slider. But it is not very accurate. It is Hard to get it at exactly the perfect volume for playing at night.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Improved Graphical abilities (doesn't have to be gamecube. Maybe low-mid PS2/GC range)

-Improved speed Web Browser (Don't care if it has to be purchased)

- Way to download past titles (like VC, except at a lower cost. I'd fork over some cash)

- Un-hack/whateverable. If everybody paid for the games they wanted, then we'd see what people like get put out.

- Video/music/Picture viewer... I guess... But a PMP would do a much better job.

- Tank-like. I'm still afraid I'm going to break my DS Lite if I were to drop it on the CARPET.

But most importantly: cheap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...