Country
United States

Retrovkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, about dat delicious Broadband Adapter support. Am I right in assuming that if that was implemented, Nintendont would simply detect a USB LAN adapter and treat that as a BBA? At that point the procedure for, let's say, local Double Dash would be the same as with a real Gamecube, correct?

Also, is this feature being worked on in any shape or form right now? Demand for it must be rather low if I had to guess, but it'd be pretty sick for sure.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 78959
So I rename all of these to game.iso?

Yes. Games are "/games/This is the game name [TitleID]/game.iso". Games with two discs should have the second ISO named "disc2.iso" and in the same directory.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, about dat delicious Broadband Adapter support. Am I right in assuming that if that was implemented, Nintendont would simply detect a USB LAN adapter and treat that as a BBA? At that point the procedure for, let's say, local Double Dash would be the same as with a real Gamecube, correct?

Also, is this feature being worked on in any shape or form right now? Demand for it must be rather low if I had to guess, but it'd be pretty sick for sure.

BBA is not being worked on at all as far as I know. The Wii doesn't care if it's a USB Ethernet adatper or stock WiFi.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought @GerbilSoft made a change so the ISOs didn't have to be in individual folders except for 2 disc games. Please correct me if I am wrong @GerbilSoft.

Also I though changes were made to include .gcm and .iso.iso extensions.
That's correct, /games/blah.iso and /games/blah.gcm should work. ".iso.iso" should work because it only checks for ".iso" at the end.

Haven't been able to test any fixes for multi-game yet.

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does a connected WiiU formated USB-HDD still lead to a crash using Nintendont on vWii?
Or was it the non WiiU formated HDD leading to a crash on vWii?

Last edited by temper999,

Retrovkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BBA is not being worked on at all as far as I know. The Wii doesn't care if it's a USB Ethernet adatper or stock WiFi.

I see, thanks for the info. I never considered the point about adapter and WiFi specifically.

Do you know / does anybody know if I can throw money at someone to change this? Basically, which person to contact here?

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this out. Got it working. Not to sure about the graphics though. Maybe there some settings or something I'm missing.

lamentofking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I am using an official Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller and I want to change the button mappings to reverse the X and Y buttons. In WWE DOR2, I can't do an irish whip because that is an A+Y button combo. Those two buttons are across from each other. I can't seem to find a working HID Test dol or a working link to it so that I can make my own controller ini file. Can someone help please?

EDIT: The HID test in Github won't run on vWii. Says not a valid application.

Last edited by lamentofking,

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I am using an official Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller and I want to change the button mappings to reverse the X and Y buttons. In WWE DOR2, I can't do an irish whip because that is an A+Y button combo. Those two buttons are across from each other. I can't seem to find a working HID Test dol or a working link to it so that I can make my own controller ini file. Can someone help please?

Maybe this https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-controller-configurations.355035/#post-4782346

lamentofking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The hidtest.dol file is right there in the link you posted

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't find HID Test though. Also I'm using what is supposed to be the nintendont_wiiuprousb.ini from github for the wii u pro controller but when I swap X and Y it doesn't work. I've tried placing the ini in several places (root of both sd and usb, root of nintendont folder in both usb and sd). Nothing works.
Does the controller work besides that you want the buttons switched?
Switch these 2 around
X=1,08
Y=1,02

Put in sd:/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT