Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure,

the Version is v3.330 (Wii U)
Built Apr 20 2015 23:10:11
Firmware: 58.25.32

I have the gamecube controller in the slot on the far left when looking at it from the top.

Why don't you use the option inside Nintendont to download the controller ini files. Should work without it but you never know.

Out of curiosity is you Gamecube adapter an Official Nintendo one or a 3rd party. Shouldn't make a difference but you never know.

creedda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you use the option inside Nintendont to download the controller ini files. Should work without it but you never know.

I did this originally upon first install. I ran the update for the controllers.ini zip again as you suggested and restarted nintendont. Upon restart it still doesn't work.

I am using an official Nintendo adapter. It is brand new. (I just received it yesterday)

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most 3rd party Wii U Pro controllers don't work properly with Nintendont and they most likely never will.
Nah its good, its just the normal wii u pro controller configuration, and the controller i have, has the buttons on different positions. So my question is rather, if i can configure wii u pro controller settings somehow ?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah its good, its just the normal wii u pro controller configuration, and the controller i have, has the buttons on different positions. So my question is rather, if i can configure wii u pro controller settings somehow ?

All you can do is press the "minus" button to shift the button layout either counter-clockwise or reverse it. Bluetooth controllers can't be changed without modifying the source code and recompiling it. A lot of use wish there was a controller config menu for Bluetooth controllers but no dev seems interested in doing one so oh well.

Reactions: gina4x

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pressing "-/select" on Bluetooth controllers makes the button configuration rotate once clockwise, pressing it again makes it rotate back

:ph34r:'d

Reactions: gina4x

Donders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is Maxpads set to 1? If it is you'll have to set it to at least 2 for a two player game (I just leave it on 4)

yes! tinkering with the settings fixed both my issues! It makes me wonder why they aren't default options though.

By the way, another thing I've been wondering about:

Since Nintendont doesnt support the gba link cable and doesn't have support for online capabilities of some games, is it possible to use Nintendont and Devolution side by side on the Wii? Using Nintendont for regular games and Devolution for games like Four Swords Adventure, Phantasy Star Online, Pac-Man vs. etc.?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes! tinkering with the settings fixed both my issues! It makes me wonder why they aren't default options though.

By the way, another thing I've been wondering about:

Since Nintendont doesnt support the gba link cable and doesn't have support for online capabilities of some games, is it possible to use Nintendont and Devolution side by side on the Wii? Using Nintendont for regular games and Devolution for games like Four Swords Adventure, Phantasy Star Online, Pac-Man vs. etc.?

Yes, you can if you're using a loader. Put each app in its correct place on your USB/SD card and set Nintendont as the default GameCube loader in your USB loader. Then in individual game settings of the games you want to use Devolution's features for, set the loader as Devolution

Donders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you can if you're using a loader. Put each app in its correct place on your USB/SD card and set Nintendont as the default GameCube loader in your USB loader. Then in individual game settings of the games you want to use Devolution's features for, set the loader as Devolution

Alright! I'll head to the Devolution thread for the best strategy to make it work (Finding/burning lots of DVDs for 1 use seems wasteful).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! I'll head to the Devolution thread for the best strategy to make it work (Finding/burning lots of DVDs for 1 use seems wasteful).

Nintendont has partial support for the GBA link cable BUT you must use the Native Controls On setting and you must use a GameCube controller as bluetooth and HID will be disabled. This is only for Wii's with GameCube ports. Also return to loader is disabled. This does not work using the USB GameCube Controller adapter or on Wii's with no GameCube ports or the Wii U.

Dangit. Ninja'd by the master.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you do know devolution only works with official discs right? burned stuff wont work, devolution has an anti-piracy check so if you dont use an official gc disc on a wii you cant regist it to play it.

Donders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haha, happy to debunk that myth, huh guys? :lol:

I remember digging around for a better alternative to GCOS back in 2011, DM, Devolution and Nintendont were in kids shoes back then.. not to mention that there wasn't all that much activity on the forums on this topic. I'm glad people kept developing now that I've revisited.

I kinda feel like I should contribute to this stuff since it's helped me out so much!

you do know devolution only works with official discs right? burned stuff wont work, devolution has an anti-piracy check so if you dont use an official gc disc on a wii you cant regist it to play it.

Ouch! That complicates things if I ever wanna try the custom PSO server... I do know someone who I remember had a PSO disc, maybe I should ring him up :rofl:

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, happy to debunk that myth, huh guys? :lol:

I remember digging around for a better alternative to GCOS back in 2011, DM, Devolution and Nintendont were in kids shoes back then.. not to mention that there wasn't all that much activity on the forums on this topic. I'm glad people kept developing now that I've revisited.

I kinda feel like I should contribute to this stuff since it's helped me out so much!

Ouch! That complicates things if I ever wanna try the custom PSO server... I do know someone who I remember had a PSO disc, maybe I should ring him up :rofl:

Nintendont wasn't in development until 2013 ;)

But Nintendont has the best compatibility of the three:grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads