Hacking Nintendont

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
the post is:
"Don't know if this has been pointed out before, sorry if it has. I updated from 2.194 to 2.236 and noticed a regular frame freeze pattern in Megaman X Collection, I think other games do it too but it's just much less noticeable; I looked through the changes since the last version and saw the

"-when playing from usb, let the drive read a random sector every 10 seconds to stay alive"

On version 2.215. The frame freezes happen to be accompanied by a single blink in the hard drive usage light, changing the setting Hard Drive LED to off from the menu did nothing. Is there a way to disable this feature?"

IS very minor and occurs in gameplay after de 5 to 10 minutes.
After, the problem is very continued ( aprox 10 second)

The image is paralyzed for 1 second o 2, depending the el hard disk to use.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I mean the image is paralyzed for a while (1-2 seconds)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-996#post-5189471

someone talks about this problem in this post.
well then it appears your drives dont like to be pocked for each 10 seconds or something well i cant reproduce the 1-2 second error like you can my guess is your drive pauses transfer to send the random read but this never happened to me ever my hdd has no issues with the pokes, your dirves must be special or something.

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I would also try another USB cable

Testing testing with 2 cables
well then it appears your drives dont like to be pocked for each 10 seconds or something well i cant reproduce the 1-2 second error like you can my guess is your drive pauses transfer to send the random read but this never happened to me ever my hdd has no issues with the pokes, your dirves must be special or something.

only happens in Megaman X collection, testing aprox 70 games y no problem
Also, you have problem con BT controllers in save screen??
I use Wii U pro controller

SilverHaze117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my wii u was working fine. I turned off the console while playing nintendon't and now my wii u is useless. Great. Should've just stuck to dolphin.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my wii u was working fine. I turned off the console while playing nintendon't and now my wii u is useless. Great. Should've just stuck to dolphin.

i dont even see how this is possible, nintendont does nothing to the actual system that should be able to cause a brick

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

I used nintendont on my WiiU since the zelda alpha and I never had any problem.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont even see how this is possible, nintendont does nothing to the actual system that should be able to cause a brick

that is correct, nintendont itself is a temporary program running in a separate processor so it cant do any harm whatsoever. BTW to the guy with that crazy "problem", maybe try take out the HDD from power and then back in, my HDD from time to time likes to freeze and with bad luck blocks everything from booting.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was working perfectly fine. Nintendon't froze and now my wii U says no signal
Hmmm, weird. It powers on but don't send signal to the TV? Well. To be honest it's very unlikely that this was generated by Nintendont itself. But lets try some things,

What game were you playing? What is your setup? Do you notice anything odd or weird before the crash?

SilverHaze117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It froze and so I had to pull the plug. Don't understand why this happened because it was just working fine last night. The Gamepad is still working with the console though,just can't see anything on the TV.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It froze and so I had to pull the plug. Don't understand why this happened because it was just working fine last night. The Gamepad is still working with the console though,just can't see anything on the TV.
that more sounds like a hardware defect to me than anything.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a version from Paper Mario that matches correctly (MD5 81321e8256205e3cfb71257e6ba2970f).

Sadly, still no luck. The Nintendont screen stucks on "Set .. DI" and the WiiU restarts itself.. I think that was it. What is that?

Thats a hard drive issue. Check and see if r229 works for you. If it does, then you need to either stick with that (if you dont care for the updates since then) or get a new drive (they sell 128GB flash drives on eBay for $14USD if that helps)

Edit: Actually, much cheaper

SilverHaze117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind guys,found the problem. I was using a Hdmi switcher and for some reason it wouldn't work. I unplugged my XB1 and put the wii u into that slot and is working again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: