Hacking Nintendont

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change control mappings? I'm using a Classic Control Pro, but it slightly irks me that B is mapped to A, and X is mapped to Y, and I'm only at the start of Twilight Princess so I'm not even sure what counts as B or Z.

I have tried getting HID-Test and renaming the file involving wii cc pro to "controller" and placing it in the root of the SD card, but it hangs up at "getting HID compatible devices".

Hitting "Select/-" once will rotate the button mapping once clockwise, hitting it again rotate it back counterclockwise (aka revert it back).

Classic Controller Pro is bluetooth (wireless), not HID (USB-wired). Bluetooth controls are hard-coded into the program

Edit: Kind of sort of :ninja:'d

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what happen when you press Select in the classic controller. Press it again and it should fix the button mapping

I don't recall pressing Select (or -, I guess) anywhere. Are you referring to Nintendont or HID-Test?

Edit: Didn't see TotalInsanity's post. That cleared it up. I must have pressed it accidentally.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
cant you just to to wii settings and change it to 4:3?

When this is done, wii thinks that you are on a 4:3 tv and adjust the image, but not leave black bars on sides (some tvs do this, but not all 16:9 tvs.). The image just distorces. The option I talk would be like the "widescreen correction" option in snes9xGx for example (black bars). I dont know if nintendont is/would be capable of such a thing.

lasisdabomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I made an account just for this question. My PS3 controller and nintendo controller + nunchuck works fine, but every time I try to play with my nunchuck it always becomes player 2 instead of player 1. I want to try the wii remote for games like Legend of Zelda, but I can't because it is always assigned player 2

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I made an account just for this question. My PS3 controller and nintendo controller + nunchuck works fine, but every time I try to play with my nunchuck it always becomes player 2 instead of player 1. I want to try the wii remote for games like Legend of Zelda, but I can't because it is always assigned player 2

Turn off hid in the settings.

Reactions: lasisdabomb

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody,

It seems there is no more new features to add to nintendont, it's now near perfect ! :bow:
So, if there is a lack of ideas, I propose to add a screen to configure ourself all the buttons (mapping GC pad buttons) like it exists in Wii64 and WiiSX.

Is there some other people which find this usefull like me ?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Trust me there are ideas, like real MC support for bios, save and pause feature for Triforce games, on/off option for using the bios (I so want this) and GBA player support, also there are still a few games that have issues still like Sonic Riders crashing in areas in the story, Phantasy Star Online 1&2 still not working (unless it was fixed and I didn't know about it) and F-Zero AX not working with the segaboot bios, it's not that there are no ideas but it's up to the devs if they decide to implement any.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Game Boy Player actually contains a complete Game Boy Adaptor hardware inside the adaptor itself, it doesn't run natively through the GameCube. Adding a complete GBA emulator inside Nintendont somewhat goes beyond its intended purpose.

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Trust me there are ideas, like real MC support for bios, save and pause feature for Triforce games, on/off option for using the bios (I so want this) and GBA player support, also there are still a few games that have issues still like Sonic Riders crashing in areas in the story, Phantasy Star Online 1&2 still not working (unless it was fixed and I didn't know about it) and F-Zero AX not working with the segaboot bios, it's not that there are no ideas but it's up to the devs if they decide to implement any.

I agree that increase game compatibility must be the priority. However, I don't really see the advantage to make bios work better if the games which use it is already working well without the bios !!! GBA support is written in first post to be never supported. There is already plenty of tools to manage MC. So, I don't see so much ideas to improve nintendont now, that's why I propose this.

And of course, the devs have the final word about choices....

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The original Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II doesn't work, but the later "Plus" version has been working since at least r229.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The original Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II doesn't work, but the later "Plus" version has been working since at least r229.
I know and I'm grateful for that, I rather have the Plus version anyway, but I was just naming a few games and ideas.

I guarantee this won't happen, especially since there are already mostly-competent GameBoy (Advanced) emulators for Wii already
I'll take your word for it since I never owned it, I really don't care for it but it seems several people asked for it.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A suggestion for Metroid Prime 1 & 2. Widescreen support. Dying to play the original with widescreen. I can play it on Dolphin, but not that powerful for Metroid Prime 1 & 2.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take your word for it since I never owned it, I really don't care for it but it seems several people asked for it.

Yeah, as previously stated, the main issue with the GameBoy Player is that the little box that you attach to the bottom of the GameCube actually contains the basic components of a GameBoy Advanced for the purpose of emulating the hardware (NOT using software to replicate it), which neither the Wii nor the Wii U contain. So creating a GameBoy Player that is compatible with Nintendont would essentially require building a GameBoy emulator from the ground up, which is not only impractical, but unnecessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels...