Hacking Nintendont

Ashen12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it wouldnt be so late I would continue working on what I work right now but I need sleep. I'll just leave this little info here...
ds0000.png

Oh god yes. Custom Mario Kart Arcade GP cabinet here I come.

Reactions: bm123456

hemonecrophagia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI!
Is there a way to use use mcemu to emulate both slot's A & B with nintendont for games like animal crossing, pokemon Colosseum, and sonic adv 2 battle(i have one of the wiis that has no card slots)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
HI!
Is there a way to use use mcemu to emulate both slot's A & B with nintendont for games like animal crossing, pokemon Colosseum, and sonic adv 2 battle(i have one of the wiis that has no card slots)

not yet. We don't know if it is even possible.

xl_The_Jackal_lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem with my Gamecube controller on a couple GC games (I'm on the Wii). Most work perfectly, no issues whatsoever. But two titles are causing my stick to drift upwards while I play.

It's not a calibration issue as far as I can tell (tried it) and my controller/Nintendont work flawlessly with the rest of my games. The titles in question are Killer 7 and Chibi-Robo. I also tried two different ISO files which should have been clean rips.

Anybody have any ideas?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem with my Gamecube controller on a couple GC games (I'm on the Wii). Most work perfectly, no issues whatsoever. But two titles are causing my stick to drift upwards while I play.

It's not a calibration issue as far as I can tell (tried it) and my controller/Nintendont work flawlessly with the rest of my games. The titles in question are Killer 7 and Chibi-Robo. I also tried two different ISO files which should have been clean rips.

Anybody have any ideas?

Are the games compressed? Someone was having problems with SSBM and the adapter because it was compressed.

shigeru561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His usb loader may be deleting his nincfg after every game boot.

I think this is what might be causing Nintendont's settings to be reset to default when loading through CFGusbLoader and USBLoaderGX...

but if it was deleting that file, why does nintendont's settings show as if they were saved when booting Nintendont directly from the HBC. Is there any way to fix this?

I ask because This is a real pain to deal with every time I boot a game through my Loader of choice I remember that it resets all the settings as I try to load my virtual save, then i have to reboot the Loader, load the game, cancel autoboot and turn on my custom settings, with each boot...

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option in USB Loader GX "features" menu to "Update Nintendont." This safe to use? (I ask because you never know with this stuff.)

cyan is the main dev of usb loader gx and hes also a dev for Nintendont. Not to mention hes a global moderator here. It's safe to say gx is 100% safe for any download it does

Reactions: xl_The_Jackal_lx

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is what might be causing Nintendont's settings to be reset to default when loading through CFGusbLoader and USBLoaderGX...

but if it was deleting that file, why does nintendont's settings show as if they were saved when booting Nintendont directly from the HBC. Is there any way to fix this?

I ask because This is a real pain to deal with every time I boot a game through my Loader of choice I remember that it resets all the settings as I try to load my virtual save, then i have to reboot the Loader, load the game, cancel autoboot and turn on my custom settings, with each boot...
You need to set your settings the way you want them in your loader of choice.

shigeru561

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderGX deletes nincfg.bin from both SD and USB before launching nintendont, because users requested it (they incorrectly thought it was what made nintendont crash, but whatever I did it to please everyone)
If you use an old version of nintendont or if you don't use autoboot, it re-creates the nincfg.bin in both loader partition+game partition.
if you use a autoboot and the new nintendont versions with arguments support, it doesn't create the nincfg.bin file at all and every settings are passed by arguments in memory at nintendont launch.

If users need an option to always write/keep the nincfg.bin to launch nintendont from HBC with the same settings than the previous launch from USBGX, I can add it.
this would be a great feature, could it also be added to maybe CFGusbLoaderv70r79?

You need to set your settings the way you want them in your loader of choice.

Hmm... it turns out that doing so in USBLoaderGX does work! but CFGusbLoader has no Memory Card Emulation option, only one labeled "NMM" (for NoNoreMemory).

Okay while messing around I turned on "NMM" just to test it, and it seems to have the SAME effect as enabling Memory Card Emulation in USBLoader GX! WOW! I wonder how that works?! lol

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No More Memory option label is used for Nintendont MemoryCard emulation. it both case it means "save to SD/USB", he probably re-used the existing text string instead of creating a news one.
In Wiiflow, I think it's also named NMM (which was already there for DIOSMIOS settings).

I also used some existing DM settings for Nintendont (video mode, wide screen and progressive patch option are shared)

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i found witch rev broke 007 Nightfire it is v2.227 it works on v2.226 it wont let me load level 9 (deep descent) the other levels work fine but i get a blackscreen on level 9. Here is my save just in case the devs feel like fighting with it. Its NTSC-U

Attachments

• GO7E.rar
    196.5 KB · Views: 114

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol