Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
where does sonic ridders actualy crashes? on the third race on story mode after you have to beat it on 1st place?
Yes, in story mode, Heroes, after the level with Knuckles (third race) the game crashes on the loading screen, I'm using a clean 1:1 rip I might as well switch to Devo if this issue continues.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, in story mode, Heroes, after the level with Knuckles (third race) the game crashes on the loading screen, I'm using a clean 1:1 rip I might as well switch to Devo if this issue continues.
well the pal version seems to work perfectly why not jump to that version?

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderGX deletes nincfg.bin from both SD and USB before launching nintendont, because users requested it (they incorrectly thought it was what made nintendont crash, but whatever I did it to please everyone)
Makes sense. It also happens on CFG and Wiiflow as far as I tested, everytime I run any GC game through a loader it just comes out with a fresh config file that has Memcard emulation turned off by default, so it never works.

Dunno if it's the same thing, but it kind of annoys me, using the latest CFG, it simply resets all settings everytime.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
USBLoaderGX deletes nincfg.bin from both SD and USB before launching nintendont, because users requested it (they incorrectly thought it was what made nintendont crash, but whatever I did it to please everyone)
If you use an old version of nintendont or if you don't use autoboot, it re-creates the nincfg.bin in both loader partition+game partition.
if you use a autoboot and the new nintendont versions with arguments support, it doesn't create the nincfg.bin file at all and every settings are passed by arguments in memory at nintendont launch.

If users need an option to always write/keep the nincfg.bin to launch nintendont from HBC with the same settings than the previous launch from USBGX, I can add it.
I say no, if you're a USBLGX user and want to save your settings just save them on USBLGX, otherwise use Nintendont.

well the pal version seems to work perfectly why not jump to that version?
Really? It's worth a try, but my save is NTSC based on my copy, I have everything unlocked.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Makes sense. It also happens on CFG and Wiiflow as far as I tested, everytime I run any GC game through a loader it just comes out with a fresh config file that has Memcard emulation turned off by default, so it never works.
USBLoaderGX has memcard emu enabled by default. (set to individual card per game).
But you can just change the default setting, and set a setting per game too.

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USBLoaderGX has memcard emu enabled by default. (set to individual card per game).
But you can just change the default setting, and set a setting per game too.

I'm going to try it. Last time I checked USBLGX only loaded games through USB? Or is that only for Wii backups? I'm actually using an SDHC card on my Wii

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I say no, if you're a USBLGX user and want to save your settings just save them on USBLGX, otherwise use Nintendont.

Really? It's worth a try, but my save is NTSC based on my copy, I have everything unlocked.
you can easily get any pal save off the internet too but yeah on the pal version i went up to the 4 race and plyed it while on the ntsc i frooze when loading the track4.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/929721-sonic-riders/saves

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's only USB for wii games.
Gamecube and EmuNAND works with SD too.
If you try it, be sure to use r1233

Just tried it. Works fantastically well as it should. Too bad I have to launch everything through a SD card right now so it can't see my Wii backups - gonna have to grab an USB device soon so I can move to USBLGX permanently...

Thanks for the help.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I can't get the PS2 controller to work,

"Controller.ini doesn't match" appears and my Wii shuts down. It's a dualshock 2 and I've put this file:
Download and run HIDTest from the HBC, copy the values of PID and VID and put them on the controller.ini

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dunno if it's the same thing, but it kind of annoys me, using the latest CFG, it simply resets all settings everytime.
When yuo start a game using CFG if you want memory card emulation on you need to turn it on in the pergame options in CFG. Why would you expect the per game options to be ignored based on what you ran previously?

Reactions: Silentsurvivor

Silentsurvivor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When yuo start a game using CFG if you want memory card emulation on you need to turn it on in the pergame options in CFG. Why would you expect the per game options to be ignored based on what you ran previously?

So I was looking after what you said, an option called NMM caught my attention - turned that on and it worked. Well, I'm stupid.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already posted about the disc read stuff to FIX94 when the original sonic riders issue arrose and he responded saying Nintendont doesn't use the disc read speed or something like that

So far I had no success with sonic riders and obviously I am talking to the dolphin devs in the background to help, but hey, at least I just got a bit further with another game...
ds0000.png

Knyron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download and run HIDTest from the HBC, copy the values of PID and VID and put them on the controller.ini

Now Nintendont launches the game smoothly but none of my controllers work. (Classic controller pro + Dualshock 2) The HOME button works though.
Do I have to configure the other values too?

Also a question, can you play multiplayer with different controllers?

Solved.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. Just noticed C00lr0ms gcn section is gone. Not that I encourage dLing is0s, but it was a good place to at least TRY a game before buying a copy off Ebay, Amazon or what have you.

#RIP

bpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can connect the WiiU drive on port0 (Top port) and nintendont will work with the two HDD connected.
But users reported issue with USBloaders and cIOS v10-alt not working as intended with port1.

It's not a feature that nintendont lets you use Port1, it's only a result of different updates done recently.
If you don't use USBLoaders, it's a good workaround : exchange port1 and port0.
If you use USBLoaders, it's not a solution.

I re-added the warning on the first post telling that DUAL HDD is not supported.
It shouldn't corrupt savegame anymore, but I left it just to be careful.

Thanks for replying Cyan. That is a good workaround, but like you said I do use USB Loader GX for Wii and launching GC games through nintendont. So this solution isnt ideal for me. However unplugging the WII U formatted HDD is no big deal when I want to play a GC game. Thanks!

Does v10-beta 52 work on port1 on usb loaders?

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?