Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the latest official release for USB Loader GX is 1231

1232 is a Chinese rip off and that guy never release his source code like what he did on Cfgloader v71.
According to GNU licensing policy, that is outright privacy - not that I think you care.

I personally will not try those versions in respect to the official devs.

Is "privacy" the word you were trying to use? It doesn't sound right.

I am on 1231 for the USB Loader GX.

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r167/trunk/loader/

If you want versions after this to test just type the number you want in the url where it says "r167".

Still getting the freeze, if you want me to test another rev, please tell me which one. Sorry I can't test every rev, work sucks up most of my time.

I don't know about Wii U (if they're anything like the PS3 then I can see why WD products don't like them, I noticed Buffalo products are good on PS3) but from my experience on regular Wii WD products are by far the best especially if you do the update, they hardly cause any issues and I been using them for 3 years now, all my gaming is with my Wii and I'm happy to say that they run fine!
Sorry but I have to disagree with what skull87 said about WD drives. I have a MyPassport 500 GB HDD since 2011, sill works like a charm on Wii and on Wii U. His claims that they are garbage are unfounded. Seagate and Toshiba drives are pretty unreliable. I don't know where he got that silly notion from.

Guess I was just unlucky, I had two WD USB HDD fail with my Wii before I got an A-Data drive

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still getting the freeze, if you want me to test another rev, please tell me which one. Sorry I can't test every rev, work sucks up most of my time.

Guess I was just unlucky, I had two WD USB HDD fail with my Wii before I got an A-Data drive

Guess so, but generally, WD HDDs are very stable, Seagate having one of the highest failure rates.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here's a report, when I use the real memory card I always get 480i with all games and not asking for progressive. When I turn on Memory emulation al is back to normal! well...that's it.

Nintendont 2.174 real memory card, mem emu off

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok here's a report, when I use the real memory card I always get 480i with all games and not asking for progressive. When I turn on Memory emulation al is back to normal! well...that's it.

makes sense, both the memory card and the game settings go through the same patches, EXI, so thats a side effect of using real memory cards.

Reactions: Michierusama

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
makes sense, both the memory card and the game settings go through the same patches, EXI, so thats a side effect of using real memory cards.

Thanks for replying, your work it's great. Also, when I used DIOS MIOS with the real memory card I still had 480p on all games but after rev 2.11 of DIOS MIOS this started to happen too. (480i on all games). I'll keep using Mem emulation then :) good nite guys.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline I forgot to thank you for the in app updater in nintendont. Sigh.. I looked on google code and see what you did. Thank you !
No problem. The other people on the project (especially FIX94) are making so many great contributions, and I figured it must be hard to keep up with the latest version.

Reactions: Michierusama

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! what about the analog L/R with a GC controller and the Mayflash GC Controller Adapter for Wii/Wii U? Does it work?

yes they work

be careful though. Start button is mapped badly with that adapter since its treated as a classic controller

start = change button mapping
doubletap start = start
hold start = reboot to hbc

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yes they work

be careful though. Start button is mapped badly with that adapter since its treated as a classic controller

start = change button mapping
doubletap start = start
hold start = reboot to hbc

Great! Thanks!

Any way to reconfigure the start button?

Also, if I get a Wii U Pro Controller, can I configure it as similar as possible to a GC controller? What about the rumble feature?

Any idea if the Nintendo GC adapter that is coming out in a few months will work with nintendont?

Sorry for so many questions, my problem is that I need to buy a controller and I do not really know which is the best option to play GC games on Wii U right now

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Thanks!

Any way to reconfigure the start button?

Also, if I get a Wii UPro Controller, can I configure it as similar as possible to a GC controller? What about the rumble feature?

Any idea if the Nintendo GC adapter that is coming out in a few months will work with nintendont?

Sorry for so many questions, my problem is that I need to buy a controller and I do not really know which is the best option to play GC games on Wii U right now

you can recompile Nintendont with the start button remapped to your adapter

pressing minus on the Wii U pro controller will switch to the button mapping your thinking of

We wont know until someone can test it

Nintendont supports pretty much any controller so buy what you find comfortable

Reactions: tatundria

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)