Hacking Nintendont

Swarhog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue with the 007 games is that they all hang on driving missions.
I noticed that Nightfire used to have problems with driving missions in Dolphin as well. Just an interesting thing.
I always thought it was some bizarre AP put in place by EA, but it might just be a game issue.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that Nightfire used to have problems with driving missions in Dolphin as well. Just an interesting thing.
I always thought it was some bizarre AP put in place by EA, but it might just be a game issue.

I think it's the fact that the game changes game engine during those missions.
The need for speed crew did the driving missions if I remember right?

Also in the file structure for the games there is a driving.dat and driving.elf files specifically.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which are used to install freemcboot, if I remember correctly.

This is GameCube not PS2, .elf is a universal file type, kinda like a driver for a PC.

My point was that these games don't treat driving missions as the same game and as such seem to crash when one pops up.

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody having an issue where their wii remote has all of the lights on when loading gamecube games? This is a battery drainer and I was wondering if there was a fix

Swarhog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is GameCube not PS2, .elf is a universal file type, kinda like a driver for a PC.

My point was that these games don't treat driving missions as the same game and as such seem to crash when one pops up.
I'm aware, I was just pointing out how unnatural these driving segments are. Freemcboot works by replacing one of those files, so I suppose it's the PS2 switching to the different game.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom Robo freezes when trying to reset. Confirm?
Defender only lets you accelerate when the R button is half pressed, not fully pressed. Dios Mios does not have this problem.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can do the following:
Let nintendont create a multi-memory card by enabling MULTI in the settings.
Now you will have a ninmem.raw file in the saves/ folder.

Now, the dump or memory card that you use for Devo should be something like memcard.bin, right?
Rename this one to ninmem.raw (along with the extension from .bin to .raw)

Copy that file to the saves folder that Nintendont created in your device in which you store the games and see if it loads properly.
Let me know if that works.

Hi, it doesn't work with a direct name.extension change, had to copy manually my saves from .bin, to a empty Nintendon't created .raw, works flawlessly.
Maybe Devo uses another format header?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay interestingly enough the GER version of Everything or Nothing 007 works 100%, even the driving missions.
Now I am very confused.

Games code is GEND69

I can't get hold of the UK English version of this game from anywhere....

(Something else interesting with EON is that it is indeed a multi dol game. It uses Action.dol for all the shooting stages and Driving.dol for well... driving stages.)

That explains why it now somewhat works on the latest version with some multi dol changes.

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Could you do me a favor and test this with 2.167? I haven't tested VinsCool's dol yet but seeing that you have i want to see what happens with official version.

Sure. Could you provide the dol file or do I download it from the google code page?

Sorry I couldn't answer sooner, after I test this we'll know if the fix is in the release, if this only works on a Wii and not on a Wii U or disbling bluetooth and HID controllers does the trick

So got a WD Passport 320gb drive and Nintendont always gets stuck on "Checking FS..."
I am using a Y splitter cable and have the cords in the right jacks on the back of the Wii U.

I can use every USB Stick or SD card I've tried but this drive just doesn't want to work, Iv'e tried formatting in FAT32 with Clusters 32 and 64 with full format modes, Nothing!
Anything else I can try?

P.s HBC sees the drive and indeed boots Nintendont from it, so it isn't a drive issue so much I think.

From experience I can tell you that Western Digital USB hard disks are crap (so are SeaGate's) many times they fail to even turn on when attached to a video game console. What could be happening (as it happened to me a lot) is that the HD turns on ok, you load nintendont from HBC, when the app finishes loading the HD turns off and then refuses to turn on again.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From experience I can tell you that Western Digital USB hard disks are crap (so are SeaGate's) many times they fail to even turn on when attached to a video game console. What could be happening (as it happened to me a lot) is that the HD turns on ok, you load nintendont from HBC, when the app finishes loading the HD turns off and then refuses to turn on again.

Using Seagate Backup Plus Desktop 2tb and it works perfect for my Wii U vWii

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. Could you provide the dol file or do I download it from the google code page?

Sorry I couldn't answer sooner, after I test this we'll know if the fix is in the release, if this only works on a Wii and not on a Wii U or disbling bluetooth and HID controllers does the trick

https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r167/trunk/loader/

If you want versions after this to test just type the number you want in the url where it says "r167".

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG AIR FREESTYLE. Having some weird issues.
GC WII
Using component cables.
Rev 2.171

When the Wii is not set to 480P in the Wii Settings, the game displays colors normally.
Audio plays smoothly during the opening screens.
During this time, Freestyle mode is playable, but Race mode freezes with an annoying and infinite BEEEEP when the race is 3/4 loaded. The console must be hard powered off. Tried multiple times.

When the Wii is set to 480P in the Wii settings
When the game itself is set to Progressive, it then blackscreens.
During this time, stuttery audio for the first two screens can be heard, ending with a long droning buzz. The console must be hard powered off. Tried multiple times.

When you choose Interlaced on the Progressive screen, the game plays. Flashing green bars are constant at the top and bottom of the screen. Audio is still stuttery, the opening movie plays at half speed and is also stuttery. After this point, the music plays as it should. However colors are very screwed up.
Freestyle mode is still playable, as is Race mode this time. Tried multiple times.

I've reported this issue multiple times without acknowledgement.
Could someone please either confirm or deny this issue after thorough testing?
Thank you for your time. :)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know about Wii U (if they're anything like the PS3 then I can see why WD products don't like them, I noticed Buffalo products are good on PS3) but from my experience on regular Wii WD products are by far the best especially if you do the update, they hardly cause any issues and I been using them for 3 years now, all my gaming is with my Wii and I'm happy to say that they run fine!

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Unfortunately, I am now pretty sure that something is iffy about the way Nintendon't handles PAL 50hz video signal.

All my game's collection has PAL games ,so I can verify that almost all the PAL 50hz games have some kind of problem except a few ones.

Here is a quick summary :

- Beyond Good and Evil PAL : Black screen with default video settings.I tried every possible option to video mode (Auto,Disc etc) with all the hacks disabled and this game refuses to start.

- Skies of Arcadia Legends PAL : It displays a weird blue screen with some codes about video mode incompatibility.

- Sphynx and the Cursed Mummy PAL : Black screen

- Luigi's Mansion PAL : This is a weird one. The game runs fine in default settings.It displays nicely in 576i.But as soon as I force 480p or the progressive patch the screen is displayed zoomed in (around 1/4 of the image is lost ) and there is some massive slowdown.

- Wave Race BS : Exactly the same problem as above.

P.S I am using a Wii U.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay interestingly enough the GER version of Everything or Nothing 007 works 100%, even the driving missions.
Now I am very confused.

Games code is GEND69

I can't get hold of the UK English version of this game from anywhere....

(Something else interesting with EON is that it is indeed a multi dol game. It uses Action.dol for all the shooting stages and Driving.dol for well... driving stages.)

That explains why it now somewhat works on the latest version with some multi dol changes.

not only the german version works perfectly so does the actual pal version aparently only the ntsc version of everything or nothing shuts down the console when doing the second mission and so on.

so anyone who wants to play this game in english get the pal version, im on the 5 mission with no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah except for online pvp it's ass