Country
Argentina
The cache.txt looks like this:
scripts/engine/engine_params.qb.ngc
images/ngc_screens/copyright.img.ngc
sounds/pak/global_sfx.pak.ngc
sounds/pak/global_iop_sfx.pak.ngc
streams/streamsnf.hdp
Is this normal? Is there a way too know if it was done correctly? I saw that some other cache.txt's only had file names.
I tried the cache.txt and it didn't seem to help (if it was done correct like this

you don't need to have the whole path, just the file names, something like this:

engine_params.qb.ngc
copyright.img.ngc
global_sfx.pak.ngc
global_iop_sfx.pak.ngc
streamsnf.hdp

However, you should take note of the size those files have, as the memory space allowed for cache is limited, you should avoid files which are too big.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It would be easier to use an Individual MC for those 2 disc games if you want a 16 mb Multi MC for the others while keeping those working too. There's not much point to complicate things further than that in that respect. In any case it would be better for them to eventually work in adding support to nintendont for a MC in the B Slot.
I was making a suggestion for a work around in case the 16 MB issue didn't get fixed, I'm already using separate saves for the 3 double disc games I have, the Jap support made things even easier and more organized for me anyway!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone knows where I could find a complete DSP version list for all games? I knew there is already one on the wiki, but it is incomplete and only have USA games...

Edit: Gun crashed on dolphin until git revision 3.5-138, which was fixed by a small change.
Link
Could this PPC code be (theorically) be ported over Nintendont? It could sound dumb, but I ask it anyway...

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly there is no real reason to keep 4.0, just update HBC and then update your wii using the normal method, then just install CIOS using Cios installer...... that's all you need... 4.3 is where I've been at for years.
The thing is that I don't want to waste my time with that ...I'll not install every cios, update the system and HB channel again if it's irrelevant. There's no practical reason for me to get out of 4.0 (unless it's needed for Nintendont or for new HB channels..).

I'll repeat my questions:
- Should I use slot 249 or 58 when installing the newest IOS58?
- I need to do something about my Homebrew Channel version to use Nintendont?
- Is it possible to stay on System 4.0U (if it is, it would have some disadvantage)?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think this is an issue with nintendont because "in the real hardware" you manually change the discs, so the Memory Card would not affect the games in the least. In this case nintendont is trying to swap the discs on its own, doing changes on memory I guess, or something like that, so it's not far fetched to assume that the 16Mb memory is affecting that in some way.

Are you sure ? and then what about this?
I was suspecting that as well, it was even confirmed more with Donkey Konga 3, when I created a 16 MB for the multi MC the game crashed a lot, same happened before the JAP fix when using the 16 MB MC option, however I went ahead and changed the Jap multi MC file to 8 MB and the game worked great, maybe it's best if I switch to 8 MB for my regular MC too though I have so many games!

A simple test(provided we have the real things) would really clears things up.
Even Dolphin is using 8M MC cards.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is that I don't want to waste my time with that ...I'll not install every cios, update the system and HB channel again if it's irrelevant. There's no practical reason for me to get out of 4.0 (unless it's needed for Nintendont or for new HB channels..).

I'll repeat my questions:
- Should I use slot 249 or 58 when installing the newest IOS58?
- I need to do something about my Homebrew Channel version to use Nintendont?
- Is it possible to stay on System 4.0U (if it is, it would have some disadvantage)?

1- Slot 58 for Ios 58, Do not install a custom or a patched one, only the latest official wad (google may help you to find it)
Slot 249 is for custom ios, but you won't need this if you are going to use nintendont only. It is recommended to have at least one cios, which is installed in slot 249. D2x cios are recommended.

2- Just update you homebrew channel is fine, the latest version is 1.1.2

3- Yes, if you at least have ios 58 installed with the homebrew channel updated, there is no problem to stay on 4.0

Reactions: Walker D

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1- Slot 58 for Ios 58, Do not install a custom or a patched one, only the latest official wad (google may help you to find it)
Slot 249 is for custom ios, but you won't need this if you are going to use nintendont only. It is recommended to have at least one cios, which is installed in slot 249. D2x cios are recommended.

2- Just update you homebrew channel is fine, the latest version is 1.1.2

3- Yes, if you at least have ios 58 installed with the homebrew channel updated, there is no problem to stay on 4.0
Ah, thanks. My other cios are fine (I have d2x v10-alt for slot 249 and 250 already), so it should be enough. Seems to be pretty straight forward, so I'll do this things now.

Edit: and now it works. I only had to update the ios58 actually (I noticed just now that I had a typo on the HB version that I told before ...the v. I have is actually 1.1.0, so no need to update).
Thanks.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Are you sure ? and then what about this?

A simple test(provided we have the real things) would really clears things up.
Even Dolphin is using 8M MC cards.

Both highlighted things mention that those things happened in nintendont with a Multi 16mb card, so it's not really proof that the code in nintendont isn't failing when working with that file. After reading the wiki, I see that the only official memory cards for GC had up to 1059 blocks, so it's possible that a 16mb memory card, real or not, could cause issues (as anything that isn't official in the console gaming world). However, even though I'm not an expert, I don't see it as impossible either that all those things, disc swap broken, random crashes on games, can be caused by a memory (as in wii's memory) issue due to using a virtual MC of 16 mb.

If Nintendont devs can find a fix for it, then that'd be great (though I don't mind having individual MC for my games and will do so anyways). But if not, and it's actually a Gamecube limitation, i'm surprised no one ever mentioned it up to now.

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this would be the right place to post this question/ comment.

Today I tried getting GUN to work on my Wii via USB-loading, have been using DIOS-MIOS for about a year (had problems, have an auto-shutdown hard rive, I needed to try to run a game multiple times before it started running it). The game, sadly, didn't load, it stopped at the Licensed by Nintendo screen. I tried looking up some fixes and saw that in the DIOS-MIOS compat list it was marked as red and was confirmed to work on DIOS-MIOS lite. So, I tried lite, but to no avail, the game failed at the same spot. After this I found out about Nintendon't and saw it was confirmed to not work, but I tried to run the game once more. The game now passed the licensed by Nintendo screen and played the 2 intro cutscenes, but crashed after a something that looks like a loading screen without a progress bar. The sound was garbled as well. After updating the main.dol to the latest released version (I was using the stable one), I tried again: this time, the sound was ok, video was ok but the game still crashed. I opened the iso in dolphin and noticed the game hit 0 FPS at the loading screen (let's call it the crash screen) but worked later on. Is there a way to skip that first part of the game (pre-loading like some guys did with Melee?). Can anything be done to try and get the game going? Are there similar cases?

Nintendon't doesn't have the crashing problem like DIOS-MIOS did (all my other games work fine), so kudos to you guys!
the last time I played gun with dios mios lite I think you need a disc in the drive for it to work it says this in the compatibility list for dios mios lite you can even use a blank dvd

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Both highlighted things mention that those things happened in nintendont with a Multi 16mb card, so it's not really proof that the code in nintendont isn't failing when working with that file. After reading the wiki, I see that the only official memory cards for GC had up to 1059 blocks, so it's possible that a 16mb memory card, real or not, could cause issues (as anything that isn't official in the console gaming world). However, even though I'm not an expert, I don't see it as impossible either that all those things, disc swap broken, random crashes on games, can be caused by a memory (as in wii's memory) issue due to using a virtual MC of 16 mb.

If Nintendont devs can find a fix for it, then that'd be great (though I don't mind having individual MC for my games and will do so anyways). But if not, and it's actually a Gamecube limitation, i'm surprised no one ever mentioned it up to now.

Right, according to http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yagcd/yagcd/chap10.html,
the theoretical maximum size for a memory card is 128 mega bits (16 mega bytes, 2048 blocks) but was never manufactured officially. There are 3rd party 16M though.

According to http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/915781-gamecube/faqs/15079
there are games that has problems with 8MB MC even. Search there for "Memory Card 1019"

It is possible that Nintendont was programmed with 8M in mind but it can also be game/swapping specific.
I would say problems reported and we know the "work around", lets move on and let the devs decide their own priorities.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was testing some things and found some problems related to the multi mem (and I'm not using the 16mb one ..I made one with 2mb).

I use both usb ports to play games on my wii (at the same time), and Nintendont seems to not like that very much. My GC games are on Port0, and I'm using USBLoaderGX (with no sd card inserted).

Games load fine actually, but if I enable the memorycard emulation, the wii shuts down during the startup of the GC games... all of the GC games that I tried do that (by what I saw, the wii shuts down at "init dir").
But, if I try it with the usb device from Port1 removed, then the game starts up normally again. There's still a problem in this case (that may be a USBloader problem)... ..the game tells me that the memory card is corrupted. But, if I load Nintendont directly (not using the usbloader), the save file in there shows no problem, and I can load it just fine.

PS: if I directly load the Nintendont boot.dol to start a game, it only sees the games on the usb Port0 if Port1 is empty (although, from USBLoader, with memorycard emulation OFF, games are loaded normally, even when both ports are being used, as I said before..)

n0r1x

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
the last time I played gun with dios mios lite I think you need a disc in the drive for it to work it says this in the compatibility list for dios mios lite you can even use a blank dvd​

Oops, I forgot I took my disc out of my drive because it's bust and makes weird noises... Yup, it works now, via DIOS-MIOS lite.
I'll try some fiddling withNintendon't and the cache and stuff later today, but don't really suspect it working.​

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My social life has taken a drastic hit because of Nintendont allowing me to re-play & re-experience my old GCN games in HD (Wii U). And I couldn't be happier. Thank you to all the developers, testers, & fellow 'Cube lovers.

Reactions: _47iscool

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Regarding the 16 MB MC issues I think it's worth mentioning that I did noticed a while ago a tiny bit of slow down when reading save data when using 16 MB, it's not a big deal and is hard to notice but it's there, a few examples are loading a save with Sonic Heroes and Crazy Taxi, not sure if this may help in any way but I figured I'd mention it!

Still I do appreciate having the option and even if 16 MB was the problem I hope it doesn't get removed because aside from swap disc and Japanese games it works just fine even with a tiny bit of slow down here and there!

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, just want to make sure I have this right.

I have my Resident Evil 4 disc set im ripping. Can I just have one folder called "resident_evil_4" then within that folder, I can have these files, "game.iso" & "disc2.iso" ?

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: _47iscool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question, just want to make sure I have this right.

I have my Resident Evil 4 disc set im ripping. Can I just have one folder called "resident_evil_4" then within that folder, I can have these files, "game.iso" & "disc2.iso" ?

Thanks for reading!

That's correct ;)

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Regarding the 16 MB MC issues I think it's worth mentioning that I did noticed a while ago a tiny bit of slow down when reading save data when using 16 MB, it's not a big deal and is hard to notice but it's there, a few examples are loading a save with Sonic Heroes and Crazy Taxi, not sure if this may help in any way but I figured I'd mention it!

Still I do appreciate having the option and even if 16 MB was the problem I hope it doesn't get removed because aside from swap disc and Japanese games it works just fine even with a tiny bit of slow down here and there!

Well... to me some of my savegame get corrupted when on a 16 MB MC (I copied the savegames from my real GC MC with dolphin, some work -like Baiten Kaitos EU, some don't -like MarioKart DD). So I guess I'll stuck with 8 MB (1019) to ensure compatibility (I just have to rename the extracted raw MC created with GCMM, and it works flawlessly). Still, you're right, it is a great feature to have (one among all of a great software) ;)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^Mario Kart Double Dash worked fine for me, you probably did a bad dumb or something, GCMM can create bad cgi files, always use raw back up and dolphin to transform saves!

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
^Mario Kart Double Dash worked fine for me, you probably did a bad dumb or something, GCMM can create bad cgi files, always use raw back up and dolphin to transform saves!

No you don't understand, Mario Kart works fine for me too ! As long as I use the raw dump of my memory card (didn't create cgi), and don't try to copy the savegame in a 16 MB MC created with Nintendont. Anyway a 8 MB MC is largely enough/

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
No you don't understand, Mario Kart works fine for me too ! As long as I use the raw dump of my memory card (didn't create cgi), and don't try to copy the savegame in a 16 MB MC created with Nintendont. Anyway a 8 MB MC is largely enough/
That's what I said, the game works fine, saves and loads with a 16 MB MC!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1