Hacking Nintendont

Coreyw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I know that someone the beginning of this thread asked why Nintendont doesn't run with classic controllers... I didn't feel like sifting through 633 pages, but is it capable of utilizing wiimote or CC?
It can use the classic controller or classic controller pro if you have the pc045 or pc052 mayflash adapter.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Could you test Pandora Tomorrow? The game is listed as "compatible" but I think it's a mistake. Why? Simple. One, the menu in the game makes you press the d-pad hard as it seems laggy. Two, when you start a new game, it shows a black screen, then the game itself resets, you can't enter any of the levels, therefore, the game being in a working state is dubious.
some games after the new multidol patch keep rebooting themselves

XIII reboots itself after selecting new game
Godzilla destroy all monsters mellee reboots itself after winning the first fight in adventure mode
Splinter cell pandora tomorow reboots itself after selecting new game
Splinter cell reboots itself when selecting mission aswhell

until Multidol codding gets fixed again you need to use r140 to play this games so no aduiostreaming for splinter cell pandora tomorow or XIII there are probably more games rebooting than this tough.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Download HIDTest, copy your controller.ini to the sd (if that's where your apps folder is); and then load HIDTest to check if your R button is being detected when pressed. if it doesn't change to 1, it might be badly configured.. it should also show which offset and value change when you press it, so you can compare with your ini and fix it if needed.

He did mention using two controllers, so it must be either that or tests for a certain kind of adapter. I'd guess that for Multi-HID it would make more sense to ask people with usb HUBs and more than one usb controller instead of a ps2 controller.

It'd be cool to find a way to use hubs to connect more than one controller in the same port (specially for the wii family edition), but i'm not sure if that's easier than getting bluetooth to work, or if it's possible at all.
Well, i think that it will be great if we can play multiplayer with bluetooth in wii family edition.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone else try Timesplitters 2 on the Notre Damme level? (It freezes on the loading screen here)
EDIT: Sorry it's the US version I'm using.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Being kinda new to nintendont after a year away I have a few basic questions to ask.

1. Is it still being worked on? And if so does this mean more games will turn green in the compatibility wiki?

2. I use a ps4 controller for nintendont. I noticed while played rogue squadron the analogue R/L wasn't working. It seemed only to be digital. Will this change?

3. Mario kart DD seemed to have really touchy controls. Anyway to change that?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
2) Audio is sometimes delayed by two or three seconds. They play eventually.
This happened with me in Dios Mios in several games when I was using a sleepy LG hard drive, switching to the WD and disabling sleep fixed that issue for me, not sure if it's related or not but worth a test, I don't have the game so I can't test!

On different news, I tested Peach Castle Tech Demo and Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc, both worked great, not sure if this helps though!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
1. Is it still being worked on? And if so does this mean more games will turn green in the compatibility wiki?
Nintendont is probably the most active Wii/vWii project at the moment, updates coming thick and fast and a fair few people putting a lot of time and effort into it.

TheArchitect-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Paper Mario for sure. Would like to know if it freezes anywhere

I once went for a chapter 1; 10 HP; Pit of 100 Trials. Floor 90 was the furthest I ever got. Oh the memories

Just finished Paper Mario last week. Everything worked perfectly. No freezes, no sound or graphical issues or anything.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some games after the new multidol patch keep rebooting themselves

XIII reboots itself after selecting new game
Godzilla destroy all monsters mellee reboots itself after winning the first fight in adventure mode
Splinter cell pandora tomorow reboots itself after selecting new game
Splinter cell reboots itself when selecting mission aswhell

until Multidol codding gets fixed again you need to use r140 to play this games so no aduiostreaming for splinter cell pandora tomorow or XIII there are probably more games rebooting than this tough.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, not sure who it was that labeled it as green, so I'll go back and change that on the Wiki.

elconejotres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Please someone can confirm if Baten Kaitos Origins sound is fine? I've already tried 3 different verified isos with the same result from USB and SD launching from USBloader GX and from the HBC, after starting new game in the second screen (the headquarters) no music or voices anymore in compat list it shows green status using last 2.149 on Wii

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why can't I get Nintendont to work with CFG? I keep getting an error saying to disable AHB prot?? It works FINE loading it from Nintendon't natively without a loader. I can't figure this out.
I'll take an educated guess and assume that you'd need to make CFG run under a CIOS, rather than with IOS58 and AHBPROT.
I use USB Loader GX myself, so I'm not sure.

Reactions: Adeka

iwantpizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please someone can confirm if Baten Kaitos Origins sound is fine? I've already tried 3 different verified isos with the same result from USB and SD launching from USBloader GX and from the HBC, after starting new game in the second screen (the headquarters) no music or voices anymore in compat list it shows green status using last 2.149 on Wii

I'll check later today when I get access to me Wii.
Can you upload a save file near the audio issue?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just finished up a new update, pretty sure I made some mistakes in the video patching system somewhere but oh well:
-fixed a small problem with audio streaming, this should remove most clicks and pops in the decoded audio
-small asm and multidol loader changes, nothing really worth pointing out
-added a patch for PADControlAllMotors, this should get rumble working for most games which didnt have rumble yet
-changed up the patching system to have critical patches always loaded up at the same place, this should fix bootup of the 007 games
-heavly modified the video patching system to now work without complete video modes, this should allow games to be patched which were not changeable before
-added a new FIFO and a new __CARDStat patch, didnt have any effect though on pokemon xd, the problem of this game is still unknown
-added a timer fix for the japanese majoras mask version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol