Hacking Nintendont

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just want to confirm something with everybody.

I just gave Sonic Gems Collection a go using r142, and Sonic CD seems to freeze on the 'Now Loading' screen when loading the game. Does anybody else have this problem? If so, I will edit the wiki to reflect this and advise people to emulate the game with a MegaCD emulator instead. I have tried both compressed and uncompressed images.

Everything else in the game works, aside from the GameGear games still having no sound.
Confirmed. Previously the Saved Games mode had a bug that could lock up the game, btw.

It's not the only game recently with crashing, Fire Emblem is now crashing as well.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to confirm something with everybody.

I just gave Sonic Gems Collection a go using r142, and Sonic CD seems to freeze on the 'Now Loading' screen when loading the game. Does anybody else have this problem? If so, I will edit the wiki to reflect this and advise people to emulate the game with a MegaCD emulator instead. I have tried both compressed and uncompressed images.

Everything else in the game works, aside from the GameGear games still having no sound.

Sonic CD only freezes when exiting with me. Loading levels is fine.

Coreyw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Nintendon't installed and got my controller configued. I have the Mayflash adapter for the Wii Classic Controller. I have reinstalled everything multiple times but my controller is still having problems with the analog sticks. I don't touch any buttons while it is loading but my character still continually moves to the left. Everything else works perfectly but I can't play any game with this issue. Could my controller just be getting old and defective or?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So is there any way to use someone else's save? I'd like an all characters and stages unlocked for PAL and 1.2 Melee, if that's possible.

You can use Dolphin's memory card manager to transfer saves from gci files or a .raw memory Card to the one created by nintendont. You'll have to run the game and format the memory Card first, and then copy the GameId.raw (might have a different name of you changed the MCEmu settings to multi) to your computer.

I just got Nintendon't installed and got my controller configued. I have the Mayflash adapter for the Wii Classic Controller. I have reinstalled everything multiple times but my controller is still having problems with the analog sticks. I don't touch any buttons while it is loading but my character still continually moves to the left. Everything else works perfectly but I can't play any game with this issue. Could my controller just be getting old and defective or?

Are you using the controller.ini from nintendont's google code page or the github link from the first post? I think You might have to use the one from here : https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/#svn/trunk/controllerconfigs

Coreyw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I was using the one from the github page. I did just go and grab the one from the page you recommended and tried it. Still the same problem. I did look at the file and it looked identical to the other one.

I see, sorry. I know some users had issues because of outdated .inis, must have been a different controller. If you open hid test, can you see if the stik value is stuck as active? You can see which offset is assigned to StickX and compare with CStickX offset value.. I think they should be the same when centered

Coreyw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, sorry. I know some users had issues because of outdated .inis, must have been a different controller. If you open hid test, can you see if the stik value is stuck as active? You can see which offset is assigned to StickX and compare with CStickX offset value.. I think they should be the same when centered

No problem! Any help I can get is much appreciated. I seriously can't figure it out. Here's my HID test. It does look like the stick values are slightly different for each stick. (my stickx is 3/4 and cstick is 5/6). I have had this controller sitting and rotting for awhile. I hope that isn't it but I can't think of anything else. I would just disable the stickx and only use the c but it seems to be messed up also.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 175

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after that you need to reset nintendont and if your hdd needs a y cable you wont be able to use hid controllers at all unless you get another device near the wii and connect the power part of the y cable there simce wiiu front usb doors only work if your running everything trough the SD

You'll need an extension cord or to plug the power cable in a different device, there's no workaround to this because the controller has to be in that port. And it has to be plugged in before you load nintendont

Well that sucks. So I guess I'll need to buy these if I want to load games from the hard drive?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DKVT7C/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AVUYM0ARNYWYA
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TH7GV4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hiya! :) I really hope that this won't be considered as spam, or anything but I need to ask a quick question. For the Wii U Pro Controller, is it absolutely nessescary for it to also have the Mayflash adapter thingie, as well? If not, is there another controller that I could use without needing this, like my XBOX 360 Controller or my Wii U Gamepad? Lastly, this here, what does this all mean? Is it just because I don't have the Mayflash, or? The photo is attached below.

Thank you for your time and I hope that I haven't been much of a bother :)
all those controllers you mentioned arent hid so you need adapters to use them only hid controllers dont need adapters like ps3 controller and most pc gamepads

wiiu pro controller is pure Bluetooth even if it has a usb charging cable it works trough bluetooth while charging

Xbox360 controller uses xinput stuff instead of hid.

wiiu gamepad uses wlan or something wierd it isnt even Bluetooth.

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all those controllers you mentioned arent hid so you need adapters to use them only hid controllers dont need adapters like ps3 controller and most pc gamepads

wiiu pro controller is pure Bluetooth even if it has a usb charging cable it works trough bluetooth while charging

Xbox360 controller uses xinput stuff instead of hid.

wiiu gamepad uses wlan or something wierd it isnt even Bluetooth.

Thanks for replying! :) So I can't use the Wii U Pro Controller without this Mayflash thing, or I can't use it at all?

Okay, so I can't use an XBOX 360 Controller at all, then?

Wii U Gamepad is a no, then. Okay, then, what can I use other than that? Would a PS3 Controller work without all of these adapters, and such? I know you said one would but is it as simple as just changing the config? Thanks, nevertheless :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for replying! :) So I can't use the Wii U Pro Controller without this Mayflash thing, or I can't use it at all?

Okay, so I can't use an XBOX 360 Controller at all, then?

Wii U Gamepad is a no, then. Okay, then, what can I use other than that? Would a PS3 Controller work without all of these adapters, and such? I know you said one would but is it as simple as just changing the config? Thanks, nevertheless :)
like i said you cant use any of those without adapters.

Ps3 controllers works with the controller.ini for ps3 controller and the charging cable becuase its a hid device no wirelesss needs to be used with cable all the time.

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
like i said you cant use any of those without adapters.

Ps3 controllers works with the controller.ini for ps3 controller and the charging cable becuase its a hid device no wirelesss needs to be used with cable all the time.

Okay! So, I'll try a PS3 Controller and see if that works! Just change the config on the SD card, correct?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay! So, I'll try a PS3 Controller and see if that works! Just change the config on the SD card, correct?

get the ps3controller ini and rename it to "controller" and put it on the root of the sd card then connect the charging cable on the correct usb door wiiu is lower back one and the wii is the upper back one.when the game actually starts press the ps button.

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
get the ps3controller ini and rename it to "controller" and put it on the root of the sd card then connect the charging cable on the correct usb door wiiu is lower back one and the wii is the upper back one.when the game actually starts press the ps button.

Ah, okay, thanks! :) Yay It's all working now, so thanks! :) Last and final question, I believe but why won't it let me save my game on Paper Mario Thousand-Year Door? Do you have any ideas why, and if so, is there any way to fix it at all? Kinda hard to play a game without being able to save it...

EDIT: Don't worry! I've done it now, I believe but it said I had to format it, and I clicked yes. Has that deleted everything now? :( I don't think so but I dunno, it could have, so just wondering :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah, okay, thanks! :) Yay It's all working now, so thanks! :) Last and final question, I believe but why won't it let me save my game on Paper Mario Thousand-Year Door? Do you have any ideas why, and if so, is there any way to fix it at all? Kinda hard to play a game without being able to save it...

EDIT: Don't worry! I've done it now, I believe but it said I had to format it, and I clicked yes. Has that deleted everything now? :( I don't think so but I dunno, it could have, so just wondering :)
nintendont creats a mcemu for each game and on the first time you always have to format it for each game but since each game has its own mcemu it wont delete other saves.

raginginfidel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just try the USB loader GX link I shared in the previous post. It works flawlessly. If you load nintendont from the homebrew channel, with autoboot enabled, it will always load the last game you played.

But I'm not launching it from the homebrew channel., I'm launching it from wiiflow.

You are right though, USB loader GX works flawlessly. Just annoying to have to use two different loaders. Oh well, first world problems innit?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But I'm not launching it from the homebrew channel., I'm launching it from wiiflow.

You are right though, USB loader GX works flawlessly. Just annoying to have to use two different loaders. Oh well, first world problems innit?

It's common stuff in software world.. Nintendont changed some stuff, so loaders stopped working as they did before. Officially, Loader GX doesn't work either, just like Wiiflow; the one you downloaded is a modded version that fixes it to work with the changes made to nintendont. Give it a while and wiiflow will be updated as well.

Depending on the Hard drive you might only need the extension cord (first link) to make the cable long enough to plug it into the front ports.. or a different device, if you have one close. Not so sure about the AC adapter though; I tried once using an usb powered external hdd i had got myself with one of those AC usb adapters, but even when plugged into the wall, it didn't work well and had reading issues. I had to get myself a SATA/USB bridge that was AC powered out-of-the-box and haven't had issues since then; but that might have been the external hdd's fault so I can't be sure.

If you're using a wiiU, I suggest getting only the extension cable first, and try that. If it's not enough, or you have a wii, then you can try getting the wall adapter as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1