Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
even more code fixes from my earlier new patches, so much to look at in order to apply patches properly

-only apply Patch31A0 if the entry point is below that, fixes 007 from russia with love

-if PADInit cant be found use SIInit instead to start reading pad inputs, fixes alien hominid controls

Sorry Fix I haven't got the chance to test this yet, I came to report my testing in rev 2.186

First I wanna say that I'm not very happy of the slow loading time at start up, but on the bright side I noticed it reduced random crashes so that's a good thing...

-Godzilla seems to give black screen after the first match (again)

-Sonic Gems Collection works but now after you exit Sonic CD it gives black screen

-Midway Arcade Treasures 2 works, noise at lunch still occurs but other than that it works fine

-Namco Museum works (YAY)

Other than that I didn't see any issues, I didn't test all games but I tested many and I focus don the ones that were broken at some point, all seemed to work fine, Batman Vengeance, Super Monkey Ball Adventure, Kao The Kangaroo, Sonic Adventure, Billy Hatcher, and so on.

I also tested several multi-game ones like Megaman Anniversary Collection and it worked fine, played for a while no issues, played Crazy Taxi for an hour, beat the entire Crazy Box, no crash (YAY) however I played some Soul Calibur arcade mode and during the fight with Inferno the game just froze, I guess the game still randomly crashes (I wish there was a simple fix for that like "code/if X game = no crash" but life isn't easy).

FIX94 Another thing I noticed, if you play F-Zero AX you have to have emumemory on otherwise it won't work, if you do so however it corrupts your multi-save file.

JoostinOnline Thank you for the title.txt support, but now Triforce games appear wrong, least game ID is next to it so that helps.

Mario arcade gp1 is marked as working on compatibility list.

have any of you tested it on a Wii U?

I tested MKAGP1 on my wii u and it only blackscreen on boot. Waited 3 minutes and nothing.

Using nintendo r.2.187.

Just want to be sure it is woking on both wii and wii U.

I can confirm the game works fine in 2.186, just tested it!

Edit: I forgot to mention, with this update "still in 2.186" only 3 games in my collection don't work, Phantasy Star Online, Mario Kart GP 2, and Virtua Striker 4 2006, thank you Fix94

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mario arcade gp1 is marked as working on compatibility list.
have any of you tested it on a Wii U?

I tested MKAGP1 on my wii u and it only blackscreen on boot. Waited 3 minutes and nothing.
Using nintendo r.2.187.

Just want to be sure it is woking on both wii and wii U.
Even on the beta I sent you?
Sadly yes, sorry!

Reactions: JoostinOnline

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry Fix I haven't got the chance to test this yet, I came to report my testing in rev 2.186

First I wanna say that I'm not very happy of the slow loading time at start up, but on the bright side I noticed it reduced random crashes so that's a good thing...

-Godzilla seems to give black screen after the first match (again)

-Sonic Gems Collection works but now after you exit Sonic CD it gives black screen

-Midway Arcade Treasures 2 works, noise at lunch still occurs but other than that it works fine

-Namco Museum works (YAY)

Other than that I didn't see any issues, I didn't test all games but I tested many and I focus don the ones that were broken at some point, all seemed to work fine, Batman Vengeance, Super Monkey Ball Adventure, Kao The Kangaroo, Sonic Adventure, Billy Hatcher, and so on.

I also tested several multi-game ones like Megaman Anniversary Collection and it worked fine, played for a while no issues, played Crazy Taxi for an hour, beat the entire Crazy Box, no crash (YAY) however I played some Soul Calibur arcade mode and during the fight with Inferno the game just froze, I guess the game still randomly crashes (I wish there was a simple fix for that like "code/if X game = no crash" but life isn't easy).

FIX94 Another thing I noticed, if you play F-Zero AX you have to have emumemory on otherwise it won't work, if you do so however it corrupts your multi-save file.

JoostinOnline Thank you for the title.txt support, but now Triforce games appear wrong, least game ID is next to it so that helps.

I can confirm the game works fine in 2.186, just tested it!

Edit: I forgot to mention, with this update "still in 2.186" only 3 games in my collection don't work, Phantasy Star Online, Mario Kart GP 2, and Virtua Striker 4 2006, thank you Fix94
i tested godzilla full ntsc iso on wii everything off except mcemu and usb ofcourse and i did the first battle just fine and im on the second one in adventure mode do you have a shrunken iso or some diferent forced stuff?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
actually games take the exact amount to boot, its just that now the loader is displayed for only 5 seconds and then it does the patching for 3 seconds instead of the loader being displayed 8 seconds, I made videos and cut it frame perfect and both times it took exactly 8.400 seconds.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
actually games take the exact amount to boot, its just that now the loader is displayed for only 5 seconds and then it does the patching for 3 seconds instead of the loader being displayed 8 seconds, I made videos and cut it frame perfect and both times it took exactly 8.400 seconds.
I didn't know that, alright!

i tested godzilla full ntsc iso on wii everything off except mcemu and usb ofcourse and i did the first battle just fine and im on the second one in adventure mode do you have a shrunken iso or some diferent forced stuff?
Weird I tested Adventure mode as well, picked classic Godzilla, my iso is clean rip though, maybe it's fixed in 2.187 because I tested in 2.186 anyway thanks for the report will try again, can you confirm if Sonic CD gives black screen after exit?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't know that, alright!

Weird I tested Adventure mode as well, picked classic Godzilla, my iso is clean rip though, maybe it's fixed in 2.187 because I tested in 2.186 anyway thanks for the report will try again, can you confirm if Sonic CD gives black screen after exit?
yeah 287 fixed some bugs so you should update as soon as you can i didnt test it on 187 but i picked godzilla 2000 to test anyway its my favorite one :P

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
im using wii 187 and ntsc papper mario and works perfectly but i know you said pal, im guessing papper mario could have the video issue on the wiiu that was discussed with pal games try this

all settings off except mc emu and video forced ntsc and usb on if your using a usb device.

Well,I just used these settings and PM TTYD PAL works! Thanks for your solution!

It hurts that progressive patch does not work anymore... :-(

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic Adventure DX USA V2.187
Chao Races are crashing on the selection screen. Sometimes it blackscreens other times it crashes on the menu with music still playing.

Seismonaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with most of my games freezing and giving me the "an error has occurred"-message on vWii.
I think I'm using full isos (all of them are 1.46Gb). Sadly I can't rip my original discs as I don't have a Wii anymore.
The Games that freeze on me are:

XIII (freezes when the helicopter at the beach comes, shortly before the video sequence. I got past that point once, but random freeze there as well.)
Super Mario Sunshine (tried 3 different ntsc rips and 1 pal rip. freezes every time I try to pick up the f.l.u.d.d. device. got beyond that point once, freezes as well.)
Mario Kart Double Dash (random crashes.)
Crash Bandicoot - Wrath of Cortex (random crashes.)
Pokemon XD (random crashes.)
Simpsons Hit & Run (ran perfectly the first time starting it, never did again though, didn't change settings.)

The only games that work flawlessly are Red Faction II and Timesplitters 2.

So it seems to me, besides the random crashes, that Nintendont has troubles loading a video sequence?

All Isos work perfectly fine in Dolphin.

I would be eternally grateful if somebody could help me..

Cheers

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
People are STILL asking for MKGP1 fix? Guys, give the devs some break, this game (and others mentioned here as now broken) worked perfectly just a few revisions ago. Use those revs for these games.
All USB loaders let you do a per game Nintendont version if you like, and all loaders let you rename, sort, categorize, cover or even screenshot your games.

IMHO games that are as of yet not working should be the ones to look out for (examples like Gun, PSO, Smugglers Run, XMen legends, other Triiforce games, etc etc.

Anyways, once again a huge thanks to the team behind Nintendont's constant updating.

Finally a question for some testers here: can anyone with a PAL Wii test Spartan & 007: From Russia With Love?
The compatibility list has them as working, but i get a freeze with buzzing sound on the first one and no button inputs on the second. If anyone has gotten them to work, please report the version of nintendont loader and the settings you used.

Reactions: ALSINJAN and Cyan

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
no need for hid test wiiu pro has bt support of its own do this go to your wii menu press the wii sync button and the wiiupro sinc button , wiiu pro will flash afew times and shutdown when it shutdowns menas it registred.

then use your wiimote or whatver to run nintendont on on nintendont menu or if a gc game is running in nintendont just press any button to activate the controller.

Sorry, don't understand.

Remember I'm talking about the original Wii version of Nintendont...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry, don't understand.

Remember I'm talking about the original Wii version of Nintendont...
nintendont only has one version there is no such thing a a wii version lol same version is for wii and vwii on wiiu

latest is nintendont v 187
link here https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r187/trunk/nintendont/boot.dol

get that

On your wii menu just press your wii sinc button and do the same on the wiiu pro controller, the wiiu pro controller will flash for some instants and then shutdown this means it has synced

Now do as you normaly do launch a game in nintendont when the game is running just press any button on the wiiu pro controller like the A button and the controller will sinc up and be usable.

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble with most of my games freezing and giving me the "an error has occurred"-message on vWii.
I think I'm using full isos (all of them are 1.46Gb). Sadly I can't rip my original discs as I don't have a Wii anymore.
The Games that freeze on me are:

XIII (freezes when the helicopter at the beach comes, shortly before the video sequence. I got past that point once, but random freeze there as well.)
Super Mario Sunshine (tried 3 different ntsc rips and 1 pal rip. freezes every time I try to pick up the f.l.u.d.d. device. got beyond that point once, freezes as well.)
Mario Kart Double Dash (random crashes.)
Crash Bandicoot - Wrath of Cortex (random crashes.)
Pokemon XD (random crashes.)
Simpsons Hit & Run (ran perfectly the first time starting it, never did again though, didn't change settings.)

The only games that work flawlessly are Red Faction II and Timesplitters 2.

So it seems to me, besides the random crashes, that Nintendont has troubles loading a video sequence?

All Isos work perfectly fine in Dolphin.

I would be eternally grateful if somebody could help me..

Cheers

seems your not using the lastest version? i putted a link here latest is 187, it seems your using an really old rev

Also there is no such thing as a gc iso that is 1.46 GB, full GC isos are all 1.35 GB not sure where you got 1.46 gb isos lol.

Seismonaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
nintendont only has one version there is no such thing a a wii version lol same version is for wii and vwii on wiiu

latest is nintendont v 187
link here https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r187/trunk/nintendont/boot.dol

get that

On your wii menu just press your wii sinc button and do the same on the wiiu pro controller, the wiiu pro controller will flash for some instants and then shutdown this means it has synced

Now do as you normaly do launch a game in nintendont when the game is running just press any button on the wiiu pro controller like the A button and the controller will sinc up and be usable.

seems your not using the lastest version? i putted a link here latest is 187, it seems your using an really old rev

Also there is no such thing as a gc iso that is 1.46 GB, full GC isos are all 1.35 GB not sure where you got 1.46 gb isos lol.

ok weird.. maybe its the way mac osx displays the size? yeah I'm on the latest revision..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ok weird.. maybe its the way mac osx displays the size? yeah I'm on the latest revision..
if you are on 187 theres no chance games like mario kart DD randomly crash and such

maybe your hdd needs extra power or has a sleep mode this is much more likely, is your hdd self powered or you use the wiiu to power it? hdds dont get enough power from wiiu since wiiu outputs very little power trough usb so you might need like manny ppl here uses a Y cable or shutdown your sleep mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0