Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which one of the devs said it (it was Howard or crediar) but the Nintendont launcher was built for you to use an usb loader to launch the games. They don't expect you to pick your games with the Nintendont loader. That's why the Nintendont loader isn't "pretty"

So just use an usb loader to update Nintendont, don't waste dev time

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure which one of the devs said it (it was Howard or crediar) but the Nintendont launcher was built for you to use an usb loader to launch the games. They don't expect you to pick your games with the Nintendont loader. That's why the Nintendont loader isn't "pretty"

So justust use an usb loader to update Nintendont, don't waste dev time

I was going to have a crack at it myself though... with pointers from the bigger guys.
I still may as a stand alone........ however if it's that simple from USBLGX I may not bother.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trolling, just be grateful for what has been give to you and at no cost at that.

I was never ungreatful, I'm extremely greatful for Nintendont and ofcourse the devs commitment so much so that I'm going to donate about 50 bucks in a week.
I was mearly suggesting that one could and in fact might make a stand alone updater........ but apparently it's not needed so I'm being told.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was going to have a crack at it myself though... with pointers from the bigger guys.
I still may as a stand alone........ however if it's that simple from USBLGX I may not bother.

With Usb loader GX it is very simple to use and updates are easy to get directly from the app. I recommend you this one ;)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Usb loader GX it is very simple to use and updates are easy to get directly from the app. I recommend you this one ;)

No probs Vins, you cool cat you.
I've taking far to much of this thread up about this, so I'm dropping the topic now.
Back to testing games....... or Fantasy Life, hard to decide.

Reactions: VinsCool

darkvam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating from usb loader gx is nice. It would be nicer if it could download the Ustealth version as an option. Not complaining tho I'm very grateful for everything the devs do.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario party 7 seems to have graphical loading issues in the game in nintendont.. .. miscolored objects, or "video" showing in wrong places, or stages look like they are loading as you get closer to the edges of the stages, and not all pre loaded...

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario party 7 seems to have graphical loading issues in the game in nintendont.. .. miscolored objects, or "video" showing in wrong places, or stages look like they are loading as you get closer to the edges of the stages, and not all pre loaded...

Sounds like you have the widescreen hack enabled. That game has issues with the widescreen hack

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendont 2.169 and 2.170:

- My Wii shuts down just after loading Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon xD and Pokemon Channel (all of them PAL version).

- Tried using real Memory Cards (grey 59 blocks and black 251 blocks, both official), but after any game is loaded it says "Memory Card is damaged and cannot be used", not given the option to format them. Both Memory Cards work great with retail discs, Dios Mios and Devolution.
im playing both pal and ntsc colosseum and xD and they work great i used my pal version to save on my real 59 blocks and even used the pal version to create an mcemu save on 251 blocks once colosseum was fixed so both of those 2 games work great both true real mc or mcemu now.

you must have some problem on your setup i tryed colosseum
full ntsc iso both real mc and mcemu
full pal iso both real mc and mcemu
all my settings were off no progressiv, forced video modes,widescreens and the likes maybe you have wierd stuff on?

when i usualy get the warning saying memory card is damaged a simple take it off and blow on them to clean usualy solved the issue.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont 2.169 and 2.170:

- My Wii shuts down just after loading Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon xD and Pokemon Channel (all of them PAL version).

- Tried using real Memory Cards (grey 59 blocks and black 251 blocks, both official), but after any game is loaded it says "Memory Card is damaged and cannot be used", not given the option to format them. Both Memory Cards work great with retail discs, Dios Mios and Devolution.

Does it stop at "Init DI"? If so then it's a folder structure problem caused by the italics from the title, just change the folder names and they should work.

This REALLY needs to be added to first post.

Edit: Forgot to mention that that's for your Pokemon games problem.

Reactions: NicoCP

BooLWiigiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
A thousand thanks to FIX94 and Howard for their hard work !! You make me dream with Nintendont!!! Unfortunately I can not try it until next vacation because of school...
But I was wondering, it is better to put mcemu on multi or just "on"?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you did use a loader that updates don't you still have to delete your nintendont config.bin file on a PC to make sure there are no issues?
Not really you can always use Wii Xplorer, I use that all the time, saves a lot of time and effort!
Edit: I forgot to mention, like everybody said USB Loader GX (and many other loadrs) have a built-in option to update Nintendont on the fly, it only takes a few seconds guys you don't even need to move your butts off the couch, there's (need) and then there's (lazy) and I don't see a big problem updating Nintendont with a PC anyway, you don't have to update EVERYDAY just update when an update you want is available, I didn't update Nintendont since the Sonic Adventure fix came out till now with the Billy Hatcher fix and the support for real MC and GBA cable since I use both for the Chao Garden a lot!

Reactions: cvskid

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A thousand thanks to FIX94 and Howard for their hard work !! You make me dream with Nintendont!!! Unfortunately I can not try it until next vacation because of school...
But I was wondering, it is better to put mcemu on multi or just "on"?
i prefer not using multi even if there is preety much no chance of corruption letting nintendont creat an mc card for every game is much safer imo so every game will only mess with its own memory card but thats me i prefer to not take chances.

Reactions: BooLWiigiN

BooLWiigiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Ok and another question (excuse me if i have stupid questions), but it is possible to put both apps folder with Nintendont inside and gamecube games folder in the same device like usb for example or i must put every of them on different device (apps folder on SD and games folder on USB)?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok and another question (excuse me if i have stupid questions), but it is possible to put both apps folder with Nintendont inside and gamecube games folder in the same device like usb for example or i must put every of them on different device (apps folder on SD and games folder on USB)?

Of course you can have both the apps folder and the games folder on one and the same device. That's what I do all day. I'm not a big fan of SD Cards and only use them when I really need to, so everything is stored on and running from my USB HDD.

Reactions: BooLWiigiN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Sicklyboy
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado...