Hacking Nintendont

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anybody have a PS3 controller and had the L and R analog buttons to work properly in Mario sunshine?? It's driving me crazy since the PS3 default ini file is not working and I tried so many things and nothing works :P

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
does anybody have a PS3 controller and had the L and R analog buttons to work properly in Mario sunshine?? It's driving me crazy since the PS3 default ini file is not working and I tried so many things and nothing works :P

Pressure sentitive works. Analog works on all games. It is something weird actually. Apart of not being able to run while using the fludd, it works as it should.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Nintendont setup to load from Wiiflow... Still trying to figure out how to get it to load direct to the game,
But I have another question... Maybe a bit off topic here, but still related to Nintendont....
Does anyone know how to tell the Wiiflow not to load the second disc of games? Like to only load "game.iso" or not load "disc2.iso".
Because I rather not see a game twice as disc1 and disc2, I really only need to see the disc 1 to load and play the games.

Thanks.

PS: I've also noticed Nintendont is not saving my settings since I started loading it from Wiiflow.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pressure sentitive works. Analog works on all games. It is something weird actually. Apart of not being able to run while using the fludd, it works as it should.

thx fellow Quebecois but what you are describing is the problem ... the thing is, in HID test when you press a little bit on, lets say L, offset 3 will become 01 even if the button is not fully pressed and I think that GC controllers are not like that (not sure but it's the most logical explanation I have). The analog is clearly working in HID test but if offset 3 being at 01 means that L is fully pressed, that's our problem right there. I tried doing this:
[Dual Shock]
VID=054C
PID=0268
Polltype=0
DPAD=0
Power=2,01
A=3,80
B=3,40
X=3,20
Y=3,10
Z=3,08
L=12,FF
R=13,FF
S=2,08
Left=2,80
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,10
StickX=6
StickY=7
CStickX=8
CStickY=9
LAnalog=12
RAnalog=13

but it's not working either :(

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
thx fellow Quebecois but what you are describing is the problem ... the thing is, in HID test when you press a little bit on, lets say L, offset 3 will become 01 even if the button is not fully pressed and I think that GC controllers are not like that (not sure but it's the most logical explanation I have). The analog is clearly working in HID test but if offset 3 being at 01 means that L is fully pressed, that's our problem right there. I tried doing this:
[Dual Shock]
VID=054C
PID=0268
Polltype=0
DPAD=0
Power=2,01
A=3,80
B=3,40
X=3,20
Y=3,10
Z=3,08
L=12,FF
R=13,FF
S=2,08
Left=2,80
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,10
StickX=6
StickY=7
CStickX=8
CStickY=9
LAnalog=12
RAnalog=13

but it's not working either :(

Is something different on analog sensitivity on other games? or it break the L/R?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I will test another game right away ... I think Zelda ww has a system of crouching when L is not fully pressed or something ... I'll test it and reply.

Luigi's Mansion Does too use sensitive press.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I tested Luigi's mansion and everything is working but I also tried Mario sunshine with this setup:
[Dual Shock]
VID=054C
PID=0268
Polltype=0
DPAD=0
Power=2,01
A=3,80
B=3,40
X=3,20
Y=3,10
Z=3,08
L=3,01
R=3,04
S=2,08
Left=2,80
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,10
StickX=6
StickY=7
CStickX=8
CStickY=9
LAnalog=12
RAnalog=13

(3,04 being L1 button on the DS3)
so now I can run and use the FLUDD with R2 and stop to aim with L1 ... however no water is coming out when I press L1 only, I need to press both L1 and R2 so here are my thoughts:
the R= value si usually when the R button on the GC comtroller is fully pressed (the little clic) and it's independent from the RAnalog=
that would explain why R= control the stop and aim and RAnalog control the flow of water.
I think that Luigi's mansion doesn't care about the R= value and only uses the RAnalog and that would explain why it's working normally.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I tested Luigi's mansion and everything is working but I also tried Mario sunshine with this setup:
[Dual Shock]
VID=054C
PID=0268
Polltype=0
DPAD=0
Power=2,01
A=3,80
B=3,40
X=3,20
Y=3,10
Z=3,08
L=3,01
R=3,04
S=2,08
Left=2,80
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,10
StickX=6
StickY=7
CStickX=8
CStickY=9
LAnalog=12
RAnalog=13

(3,04 being L1 button on the DS3)
so now I can run and use the FLUDD with R2 and stop to aim with L1 ... however no water is coming out when I press L1 only, I need to press both L1 and R2 so here are my thoughts:
the R= value si usually when the R button on the GC comtroller is fully pressed (the little clic) and it's independent from the RAnalog=
that would explain why R= control the stop and aim and RAnalog control the flow of water.
I think that Luigi's mansion doesn't care about the R= value and only uses the RAnalog and that would explain why it's working normally.

Thanks for your investigations. I will take a look on it later.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yep I just tested Luigi's mansion without any values at L= and R= and it's working as usual witch means that It's only using LAnalog and RAnalog

Ok, so we need to find a value on L/R which enable a full press only while it IS fully pressed.
We better discuss about it on the controller thread, it is a bit offtopic.

Aozz2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try homeland the japan only game, very bad sound when playing it, i turn off the game before it even loaded so i couldnt tell if game was playable or not, ill play it later just see works but ill be turning down the tv when playing that game

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested the new version, here's the results:

-Billy Hatcher works now but crashes on save screen, disabling memory card gets the game running

-Sonic Adventure is now even more broken, controller not detected at all and has noise, surprisingly the Alpha version runs fine even though it crashes on Dios Miois

-Donald Duck Going Quakers works now, few missing sound

-Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 still crashes after character select screen

-Megaman Anniversary Collection seems to work fine now, no noise like the earlier build

-Simpsons Hit and Run still freezes on the first screen

Other than that everything seems to work just fine, I still hope for an option to support Memory Card B or at the very least make it easier to switch memory cards for the Chao Garden!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's just a converter so you can plug it into the hdmi port on your tv. It still shows it in 360p/48p
Wrong. I own one. It converts the signal to 1080p, makes the image alot sharper, makes colors a bit more vivid, but (for me, anyway) it also makes the picture a bit darker, which I found to be a bad thing.

CM_Skunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time you should check the googlecode page linked at the bottom of the first post. i already made a controller.ini for that controller (there's a bunch of them with the same VID and PID, but different brands), it's called Generic_Controller.ini; mine has different values though, so that would explain why yours is not working.

Either its way too early for me to research or I just cant find the link where you listed it lol.... My bad

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just finished the idea of daxtsu of having a soft reset button combination, quite a neat addition :)
-added new patches to emulate the wii reset button by pressing the buttons R+Z+Start on your controller
So far I found 3 different patterns for the reset button detection so there might be some more out there I've missed, if you find a game which does not reset via this button combination and you see in the log that "OSGetResetButtonState" is missing just tell me which game and I might look at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: It's proven quite frustrating.