Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this problem with nearly every single game. When I have memory card emulation on, most games won't work. They'll either freeze with a blaring beeping tone as soon as a save file is created, or, if a file creation is successful, the game will just hang on a black screen after starting a new game.

Is there any solution to this?

What version?

piktamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try v1.80

Honestly v1.80 needs to replace v1.00 as the released version. v1.80 is very stable
Thanks very much!:yaysp: Tested it on two games that had the issue and using V1.80 seemed to fix the saving problem. Will test it on the other games that had saving issues soon.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I'm having some problems getting this to work at all. been messing with it for 3 months or so lol. I got everything else working on vWii but this is still not working at all. Pretty much my set up is SD Card for Wii and GC games (I made sure to put GC games in their own folders in the "games" folder on my root and named them game.iso and disk2.iso). I can't get them to show up on Wiiflow and when I boot nintendont directly it gives me a controller error. I have tried a PS3 Wired controller and Mayflash classic controller wireless adapter on all 4 usb ports with no success. I have controller.ini (tried both the ps3 and multiple mayflash ones), IPL.bin, font_ansi.bin and nincfg.bin on the root of my sd card. I'm using Nintendont 1.8 version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if I'm just missing editing an .ini file somewhere but didn't find anything on it in this tread (it's 450 pages long though so I could have missed it :/)

The first thing you should try when you get controller errors is to use HIDtest-v6 from the first post and check that your controller is being recognized. Specially the VID and PID should be the same in the controller.ini (it will tell you if they don't match). If the hidtest finds your controller and shows a few numbers that change when you press the buttons, you can be sure that the usb port is working (you might need to press the PS button in the ps3 controller). If it shows something like "A button is missing", etc. then you should check that the file is actually named "controller.ini" and not "controller.ini.ini" (it's a common mistake)

I think you have to navigate a bit around wiiflow settings to show Gamecube games and then configure nintendont as the gc loader.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just uploaded r98:
-nintendont now accepts args to autoboot games, other usb loader devs can look at wiiflow on howto implement it
-added ios 58.25.32 onto the supported wii ios list as suggested by the gbatemp member realromhunter

Also uploaded wiiflow r1075:
-autobooting nintendont games via args if nintendont 1.98 or newer is used, makes the bootup faster
-nintendonts memory card emulation is now enabled by default
-if using a wiiu wiiflow will now automatically use nintendont or devolution instead of the MIOS to boot gamecube games by default
-fixed the bug that wiiflow did not display gamecube games even if nintendont is available

For the people who use wiiflow, here is the new dol:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wf_revs/boot_r1075.7z

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just uploaded r98:
-nintendont now accepts args to autoboot games, other usb loader devs can look at wiiflow on howto implement it
-added ios 58.25.32 onto the supported wii ios list as suggested by the gbatemp member realromhunter

Also uploaded wiiflow r1075:
-autobooting nintendont games via args if nintendont 1.98 or newer is used, makes the bootup faster
-nintendonts memory card emulation is now enabled by default
-if using a wiiu wiiflow will now automatically use nintendont or devolution instead of the MIOS to boot gamecube games by default
-fixed the bug that wiiflow did not display gamecube games even if nintendont is available

For the people who use wiiflow, here is the new dol:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/wf_revs/boot_r1075.7z

You are too awesome sir, thanks! If I could make a request, what about adding support to wiiflow to changing the version of nintendont used? like it we have multiple revs in the apps/nintendont folder let us select which one to use, with r80 being most stable i tend to keep that file in there just in case, and then keep the latest in the folder named boot.dol.

even if its just like "stable" or "testing", meaning the latest rev can be named something else.

Reactions: VinsCool

piktamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to play PAL games with good compatibility on an NTSC-U console? I tried running an Australian version of Mario Sunshine but it stays in Black & White

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
FIX94: Are you sure this new config stuff works correctly? Every time I boot a game in 1.98, I lose my settings and have to re-pick them every time, regardless of if Nintendont is booted through the Homebrew Channel or a loader like postLoader. I'm not using argsboot (yet).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FIX94: Are you sure this new config stuff works correctly? Every time I boot a game in 1.98, I lose my settings and have to re-pick them every time, regardless of if Nintendont is booted through the Homebrew Channel or a loader like postLoader. I'm not using argsboot (yet).

fixed, I dont know how I messed up a simple true with a false but whatever lol.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you for the quick fix.

Edit: Regarding argsboot, why not just look for the struct in the memory location the kernel expects it to be in, instead of using argc/argv stuff, or allow us to pass an actual string, like "MemCardEmu=Yes;Language=English;ForceWidscreen=Yes"? It's really awkward passing a struct as an argv if you ask me (not to mention I'm going to have to rewrite how dols boot entirely in postLoader just for this to work)..

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for the quick fix.

Edit: Regarding argsboot, why not just look for the struct in the memory location the kernel expects it to be in, instead of using argc/argv stuff, or allow us to pass an actual string, like "MemCardEmu=Yes;Language=English;ForceWidscreen=Yes"? It's really awkward passing a struct as an argv if you ask me (not to mention I'm going to have to rewrite how dols boot entirely in postLoader just for this to work)..
I thought it worked the same way with plugins and stfour converted the way it worked to launch in PL4 the way he wanted. Couldn't the same thing be done for Nintendon't code to convert?

I'm no coder, so hope I don't sound rude, not saying that's what needs to be done, it might be very difficult, I was just curious if it's possible w/o having to rewrite how dols boot in PL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu