Hacking Nintendont

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know which IPL.bin file is needed for compatibility with certain games? Jap/Pal/Usa?

Plus does using different region BIOS's give different results?

If you want to play usa/ntsc games, drop the usa ipl.bin in the root of your sd card.

Here, you can find which games need the ipl.bin to work.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just learned hitting the home button quits the loader. Neat little trick that is never posted about.

Doesn't it say Home = exit loader in the corner in WiiU? I added that and asked joostin to commit it many revisions ago because there wasn't any hint that you could do that.

In my wii it shows perfectly since then.

Bracket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I didn't mean "holding B", just pressing it. But that's when you get a "B = Stop Boot" message in the corner, otherwise you'd simply get to choose between SD / USB to show your game list; after that you can press B to toggle the settings display. It's all there in the screen.

If for some reason what you mean is that you load nintendont and it chooses the Source and the game on its own, displaying the game list, then that's something weird. When autoboot is enabled you don't see any of that, but only the button legend on the corner and after a little while the game is loaded.

If this situation keeps happening unless you spam the A button as you described before, then you should try deleting the nincfg.bin just in case.
This was a vanilla install that was launched from HBC through the loader itself. Autoboot was not enabled, I had to choose between SD/USB.

What I said was that it appears Nintendont is not properly handling/detecting button hold & release and will constantly spam button 'press' if you hold the button. This means that just by pressing the button like normal you can unintentionally cause the button to be 'pressed' more than you intended. The B button was just an example because if you held the A button it would just boot to your game and be harder to see what I'm talking about.

dario14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was a vanilla install that was launched from HBC through the loader itself. Autoboot was not enabled, I had to choose between SD/USB.

What I said was that it appears Nintendont is not properly handling/detecting button hold & release and will constantly spam button 'press' if you hold the button. This means that just by pressing the button like normal you can unintentionally cause the button to be 'pressed' more than you intended. The B button was just an example because if you held the A button it would just boot to your game and be harder to see what I'm talking about.

I had this problem too, only I noticed it with the L and R triggers. Holding R would spam R repeatedly so you could never suck any ghosts but Luigi would repeatedly draw the vacuum.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Ah, I get what you mean now. It has happened to me that sometimes one press of the button seems to be taken as two or three. With A it only happened when trying to change from On to Off in settings, but also when trying to move down or up in the game list (pressing down once would skip past the game i wanted.. ) or pressing B once would open/close the settings, instead of simply opening it.

I never saw any post about it so I thought it only happened to me.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, I get what you mean now. It has happened to me that sometimes one press of the button seems to be taken as two or three. With A it only happened when trying to change from On to Off in settings, but also when trying to move down or up in the game list (pressing down once would skip past the game i wanted.. ) or pressing B once would open/close the settings, instead of simply opening it.

I never saw any post about it so I thought it only happened to me.

I am having a similar issue in the NIntendon't menu.
Whenever I press a direction in the D-Pad on the Wiimote, I always pass the game I want. It counts it as several presses.
Don't know if anyone has been having the same issue, I am running in a Wii U

looseless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

That happens to me when I got a nunchuck connected to my wiimote. When I remove it or replace with a classic controller it works fine.

cheatman3005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Compatibility. I saw that no one added "Terminator 3: Redemption" to the list on how many times I post it. I guess I forgot to mention other things for it.

Terminator 3: Redemption
Revision: 1.43 (Worked previous revision before)
DSP: v3
Shrunk: Original ISO size of 1.35 GB
Wide: No
480P: No
FST: Yes
Notes: Cutscenes were sped up almost around 1.5-2x speed. Gameplay is fine.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually do this but could i request a feature that games be listed alphabetically? It becomes a nuisance when trying to test games, as is it lists what games were put on the device from first to last.

Second. Even though the default loader always crashes on me, still nice to be alphabetized.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested SSBM on sandisk 2gb microsd, and infinite loading time, with looping BGM...
tested SSBM on adata 8gb microSDHC, and fine! freeze game or lag on sticks when saving with MC

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The following games now work: Spyro A Heroes Tale, BloodRayne

I'm going to track down what revision broke burnout 2

I just riped spyro, works on dolphin, but in nintendont, it crashes in "progressive mode selection screen", even if the option is not enabled in nintendont configuration.

Reactions: Oishikatta

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Works in r44. I booted it twice just to make sure.

Not for me, it always crashes on the progressive mode selection screen, even if I didn't enabled it in nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg