Hacking Nintendont

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for me, it always crashes on the progressive mode selection screen, even if I didn't enabled it in nintendont.
-It almost often crashes when saving on SSBM, or control stick LAG after saving...
-Spyro A Heros Tale, BloodRayne, worked first time, many times it always crashes on progressive scan...

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
VinsCool are you using the NTSC version of that game? Because that's the only one listed as working in the compatibility list, maybe the PAL version crashes.

Edit: Also, check what Adeka said, maybe you're missing the ipl.bin or font_ansi.bin

PD: Isn't the name "A hero's tail"? that's how it appears in reviews from ign and others.

Reactions: Oishikatta

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
VinsCool are you using the NTSC version of that game? Because that's the only one listed as working in the compatibility list, maybe the PAL version crashes.

Edit: Also, check what Adeka said, maybe you're missing the ipl.bin or font_ansi.bin

PD: Isn't the name "A hero's tail"? that's how it appears in reviews from ign and others.

yes NTSC using font_ansi.bin. Selecting yes or no still result in a crash, and the name is "a hero's tail" :P

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its the revision that corrected non responsive controller on certain games

I already tracked down what revision broke it. It was the same revision that broke final fantasy crystal chronicles.
yes NTSC using font_ansi.bin. Selecting yes or no still result in a crash, and the name is "a hero's tail" :P
Are you using cfg/wiiflow/gx to launch it? I'm using cfg. Now sure if that would make a difference.

I'm going to boot it 5 times and see how many times it crashes. I'm also going to check melee because someone said it's been acting strange when saving.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I already tracked down what revision broke it. It was the same revision that broke final fantasy crystal chronicles.
Are you using cfg/wiiflow/gx to launch it? I'm using cfg. Now sure if that would make a difference.

I'm going to boot it 5 times and see how many times it crashes. I'm also going to check melee because someone said it's been acting strange when saving.

I use nintendont 1.44, not loaded trough a loader.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loaded it through Nintendont and cfg and it works perfectly. Try with the gamecube bios.

Edit: Cutscenes run at double speed.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Loaded it through Nintendont and cfg and it works perfectly. Try with the gamecube bios.

Edit: Cutscenes run at double speed.

I will try with bios, but not now, I am going to bed :P

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melee does have button lag right after saving but only for a few seconds, it's not a big deal.

It will freeze occasionally when it saves though which is bad. If someone can track down the revision that causes this when it can be fixed.

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melee does have button lag right after saving but only for a few seconds, it's not a big deal.

It will freeze occasionally when it saves though which is bad. If someone can track down the revision that causes this when it can be fixed.
for competitive players from EVO it's a BIG deal :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
guys spyro is working fine dont know why you guys keep saying all the games didnt work for you when spyro a heros tail works perfectly on the latest rev with the font_ansi.bin or ipl.bin

the most problems i see here is becuase ppl refuse to boot nintendont directly trough homebrew channel like they should for testing porpuses, booting it from loaders sometimes causes alot of problems and you guys come complaining saying X and y game didnt work but you fail to mention that you didnt boot nintendont directly trough homebrew.

Srs just boot from there before reporting its easy.

Reactions: Jonesy47

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
guys spyro is working fine dont know why you guys keep saying all the games didnt work for you when spyro a heros tail works perfectly on the latest rev with the font_ansi.bin or ipl.bin

the most problems i see here is becuase ppl refuse to boot nintendont directly trough homebrew channel like they should for testing porpuses, booting it from loaders sometimes causes alot of problems and you guys come complaining saying X and y game didnt work but you fail to mention that you didnt boot nintendont directly trough homebrew.

Srs just boot from there before reporting its easy.

VinsCool already said he only boots from the HBC and doesn't uses loaders, Adeka on the other hand boots from cfg and it works for him. You should at least read all the posts before you talk like that, and even if it's true that sometimes loaders might be a reason for some issues I don't think that's the case with the Spyro game.

So while you're right in saying that reports should be done when testing directly from HBC, you shouldn't dismiss other people's problems saying "idk why you say it doesn't work, it works for me"; if they knew why it doesn't work for them, then they would have fixed it already. Even FIX94 had to revert one of his changes because it caused games to stop working for others, even if they worked for him.

Reactions: zombieman

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
VinsCool already said he only boots from the HBC and doesn't uses loaders, Adeka on the other hand boots from cfg and it works for him. You should at least read all the posts before you talk like that, and even if it's true that sometimes loaders might be a reason for some issues I don't think that's the case with the Spyro game.

So while you're right in saying that reports should be done when testing directly from HBC, you shouldn't dismiss other people's problems saying "idk why you say it doesn't work, it works for me"; if they knew why it doesn't work for them, then they would have fixed it already. Even FIX94 had to revert one of his changes because it caused games to stop working for others, even if they worked for him.

didnt said ppl shouldnt report, but they should report on full saying i used a loader instead of just saying this game doesnt work and providing no further details like most here do, and trying to boot it up directly from the homebrew channel wouldnt hurt them either to see if its the loader problem anyway.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The thing is compatibility should be the same for ALL users

booting from a loader shouldn't make a difference

but it does becuase nintendont does revs faster than loaders get updated for that which sometimes makes a game not work trough them but work trough nintendont on the hbc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: how many girlfriends is too many