Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmmm well I've checked both loader settings and custom paths and haven't seen anything related to gamecube (other than cheatcodes). Do you have a general idea the names of what needs to be altered in custom paths and loader settings.

I'm sorry, I didn't get any notifications for some reason. I'll see exactly where the settings where and edit this post then.

Edit: Prior22 in Loader Settings you have the Gamecube Source, and in Custom Paths you have Main GameCube Path. Are you using the latest version of LoaderGX? If you do, you should be able to see these settings there.

In Tales of Symphonia (NTSC on PAL Wii, gc pad) there's a problem right at the beginning of the game, at Martel Temple after you beat the two smaller guys and the big guy swinging the flail approaches, he says -Do not get in our way- and you can't close the bubble so you are stuck. If anyone wants to check if it happens to them I uploaded my save right in front of the temple

I have that same game, but didn't play that far yet. I'll try it now and let you know if the same thing happens.

Edit: MaxP90 I tested your save just now and I didn't have any issue, even managed to get past the battle with that big guy.

What I did note though is that the issue I had with the game only letting me save in the last slot seems to be fixed now, and that's just great :P

Reactions: MassiveRican

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, I didn't get any notifications for some reason. I'll see exactly where the settings where and edit this post then.

Edit: Prior22 in Loader Settings you have the Gamecube Source, and in Custom Paths you have Main GameCube Path. Are you using the latest version of LoaderGX? If you do, you should be able to see these settings there.

I have that same game, but didn't play that far yet. I'll try it now and let you know if the same thing happens.

Edit: MaxP90 I tested your save just now and I didn't have any issue, even managed to get past the battle with that big guy.

What I did note though is that the issue I had with the game only letting me save in the last slot seems to be fixed now, and that's just great :P

You were right about needing to update loaderGX. Anyways I did so and the gamecube game showed up. However when I clicked on the title it took me to the health and safety screen and then the home menu. PS: I was able to download the game cover, via GX, so the loader recognizes it as a game (yet wont load it).

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What controller did you use? The problem I mentioned occurs only with a gc controller, with a HID controller (ds3 in my case) it's fine

Ah, sorry, you said that happened with a GC controller but didn't mention that with a HID controller it works. Indeed, I'm using a pc gamepad and had no issues at all. There was a change made once to GC controllers.. I think it was GreyRogue, that fixed an issue about a constant scrolling in the menu, maybe there's something else going on with Symphonia and the GC controller code.

You were right about needing to update loaderGX. Anyways I did so and the gamecube game showed up. However when I clicked on the title it took me to the health and safety screen and then the home menu. PS: I was able to download the game cover, via GX, so the loader recognizes it as a game (yet wont load it).

What game are you trying to load? What kind of controller and which console is it? I don't remember having any issue like that but there might be games that aren't yet compatible with Nintendon't

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a way to use both a GC controller and a HID at the same time for multiplayer purposes?

I think the only way multiplayer is currently supported is in an original Wii with GC ports using GC controllers. But that's only from what I've read in the thread.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I edited my previous post but to make it clear I'll quote it here:

As I said, I wouldn't consider it neither "wasted space" nor "a lot" of it. It's 2mb per game, I can't even imagine having the HDD so full of isos that their memory card's would fill it up. And I'm sorry that your gamecube isn't working anymore, but that's more of a reason to be grateful that you have a way to play the games instead of being so picky with the details.
It's because I been having a really shitty week since last Wednesday, some girl caused me so much drama in Deviantart and ruined my hard work of 12 years all went down the toilet, I lost my money there and over 2 years worth of premium, lost all my friends there, lost all desire to draw anymore, you know there was a time I was a legend there, in a way you can say I been through what Micheal Jackson been through (only nowhere near as a fraction as popular) where once a legend and then some kids started spreading rumors about him he had a great fall just like Humpty Dumpty, I even tried to commit suecide and I'm not the Emo kind of a person but I lost during process more than I can bare and it was all due to some 14 years old spoild girl who wanted to take revange of me for not making her free art by ruining my life, but this is no place for stupid Deviantart drama and it's no excuse to be ungrateful and I AM grateful for all the work is been done even though it may not seem like it in this thread.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, sorry, you said that happened with a GC controller but didn't mention that with a HID controller it works. Indeed, I'm using a pc gamepad and had no issues at all. There was a change made once to GC controllers.. I think it was GreyRogue, that fixed an issue about a constant scrolling in the menu, maybe there's something else going on with Symphonia and the GC controller code.

What game are you trying to load? What kind of controller and which console is it? I don't remember having any issue like that but there might be games that aren't yet compatible with Nintendon't

Fire Emblem and I clicked on it via the wii remote. And it's a standard wii console (the one with four controller ports).

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's because I been having a really shitty week since last Wednesday, some girl caused me so much drama in Deviantart and ruined my hard work of 12 years all went down the toilet, I lost my money there and over 2 years worth of premium, lost all my friends there, lost all desire to draw anymore, you know there was a time I was a legend there, in a way you can say I been through what Micheal Jackson been through (only nowhere near as a fraction as popular) where once a legend and then some kids started spreading rumors about him he had a great fall just like Humpty Dumpty, I even tried to commit suecide and I'm not the Emo kind of a person but I lost during process more than I can bare and it was all due to some 14 years old spoild girl who wanted to take revange of me for not making her free art by ruining my life, but this is no place for stupid Deviantart drama and it's no excuse to be ungrateful and I AM grateful for all the work is been done even though it may not seem like it in this thread.

That's some heavy stuff there man, again I'm sorry for being harsh at you. I really hope you can get back on your feet again, though it's hard and all but shit happens y'know, you've gotta relax and turn the page on that. I don't know the details and this isn't the place to discuss it, but I can figure it out more or less given the consecuences. Sadly, you're stepping on a landmine field when you deal with kids on internet nowadays; it's a very delicate matter and they know how to exploit it. But that's enough offtopic now, just try to not let it get to you and do your best to keep going.

Fire Emblem and I clicked on it via the wii remote. And it's a standard wii console (the one with four controller ports).

Does it work if you load nintendont from the Homebrew Channel? You've got an icon in the lower right in LoaderGX to get to it. LoaderGX has some issues with latest version of nintendont when using MCEmu, so I'd imagine that you're either loading with MCEmu disabled or using a previous revision of nintendont, so you might want to make sure you're up to date.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's some heavy stuff there man, again I'm sorry for being harsh at you. I really hope you can get back on your feet again, though it's hard and all but shit happens y'know, you've gotta relax and turn the page on that. I don't know the details and this isn't the place to discuss it, but I can figure it out more or less given the consecuences. Sadly, you're stepping on a landmine field when you deal with kids on internet nowadays; it's a very delicate matter and they know how to exploit it. But that's enough offtopic now, just try to not let it get to you and do your best to keep going.

Does it work if you load nintendont from the Homebrew Channel? You've got an icon in the lower right in LoaderGX to get to it. LoaderGX has some issues with latest version of nintendont when using MCEmu, so I'd imagine that you're either loading with MCEmu disabled or using a previous revision of nintendont, so you might want to make sure you're up to date.

I receive a message AHBprot needs to be disabled when I click on nintendont.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Indeed I do. That was the solution when I googled the problem, so I don't know why that message is popping up.

Try pressing the home button and loading directly the Homebrew Channel and try from there. If it still doesn't work, check your meta.xml to be sure that it has the line </ahb_access> near the end

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try pressing the home button and loading directly the Homebrew Channel and try from there. If it still doesn't work, check your meta.xml to be sure that it has the line </ahb_access> near the end

Ahb access is included in the xml document. and I loaded from the homebrew channel. Message still there unfortunately.

By the way it says in the program information the program is r22. why is this the case when i downloaded from the boot.dol from the r82 page.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That would mean you're using a patched cIOS, i think, since I get that if I try to load nintendont from WiiXplorer. When you press Home in the Homebrew channel, which IOS appears in the upper right corner?

Edit: That's because the xml is out-dated, but don't worry Nintendon't updates the info in the file when it's succesfully loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @K3Nv2 https://youtu.be/_b_WmfLhnMM?si=1GZF2ULEvDAH418O +1