Nintendont

By sabykos, Jun 10, 2013 7,505,621 41,069 165

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    i never said that gc games names arent editable lol i only said how they were named and how no one would see 2 games with same name unless they change it to that of course, if you edit the title.txt you can put whatever you want for them, but like i said im not gonna change the name of a single triforce game or change the entire way they are called into nintendont menu just because you dont like it, you either live with it or just recompile nintendont yourself and change it for yourself only.

Seriously you have been annoying with this thing of the name for years on nintendont github... with the time you lost asking for this you can learn to recompile nintendont with your desired name changes you want...

2. SieKensou

SieKensou GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    It is very sad seein this kind of replies in a forum... There is no need to be rude... and tere is no need to talk to me in that way... If you don't have patience to talk with others, please don't come to a forum. Life is more than this and I don't come here to read how frustrated are you. You can't say I'm annoying with this when I asked it one time 3 years ago to FIX94 on the github and now I remembered about it and I asked here ONE TIME...
    I didn't said I don't like the name that is on Nintendont, I just was telling you that it's WRONG and I just showed the evidences and the information about that game, nothing more. It's not something I want for me, it's for everyone...
    I always thanked FIX94 for the good job with Nintendont and I did a lot of tests with my original games and Nintendont to report bugs to make the loader more accurate. I like things well done and I was just explaining the error in that game title.
    And you don't need to tell me in what I lost my time, writing a post is like... 1 minute? ooh, what a waste of time in my life... c'mon, relax a bit and be happy! I don't have problem in compile a custom Nintendont for me, as I have said, I just was telling here something that is wrong and arguing it with evidence... Nothing more to say.

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I told you why it was named that way and you still wanted to be changed or even removed from the hardcoded names list, even tough i told you the reason for the naming on the previous post and why fix94 choose it...

4. MasterChaos55

MasterChaos55 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    On WiiU I can't seem to download updates from in Nintendont. It stays on Network Initialized. USB Loader GX can connect fine, just not Nintendont

5. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The update feature was broken somewhere along the lines. You will have to download manually from Github.

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/loader/loader.dol

Rename to boot.dol.

MasterChaos55 likes this.
  6. MasterChaos55

MasterChaos55 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Good to know. Thanks for quick answer.
    EDIT: What about the the other options like gcn_md5 and controllers.zip?

Last edited by MasterChaos55, Nov 18, 2020
  7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    those werent updated so if you have the old files you are fine.

8. Mamothstard

Mamothstard Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    You actually have a point with the misnaming of Triforce Virtua Striker 2002. But alas, I don't think anyone will be interested enough to bother doing it. I hope I don't sound like an ass for saying that but why don't you fork the project and try to update it yourself? Sure you'd have to be proficient with C. But I went through the code 2 days ago and actually, changing just the name of that one game does not seem to be very complex. Just a string referenced in one file and its dependencies.

9. SieKensou

SieKensou GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Don't worry, I understand your point. To see a name or another don't mind to much people.
    About compiling the project fixing the name, yeah, that's very easy to do, I have not problem with that. I just was telling about it because as I demostrated the name is completely wrong as it is and I wanted it fixed for everyone officially, that's why I give that suggestions of possible ways to fix it.

Mamothstard likes this.
  10. Mamothstard

Mamothstard Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    Oh yeah
    Oh yeah, I forgot about you linking to the aforementioned pull request. My bad :3

11. Egadzz

Egadzz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Still trying to figure out how to use nintendont. When I click on it in my Vwii it just loads for a second then goes back to the main menu of Vwii.

12. ccfman2004

United States
    What is your setup? How did you install Nintendont?

13. Egadzz

Egadzz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I had it on my system after a couple of years. I'm going delete and start from scratch haha. I'm trying to do like what Eipok did with his setup. I'm not sure what he means by "In USBLoader GX configuration (Nintendon’t behind the loading process):"

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    remenber wii apps dont go into the wiiu folder on sd card you need to have them on root:apps and not root:wiiu/apps

15. Juani_Omega

Juani_Omega Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    How to change default controller settings

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is there a way to change the default "wiimote + nunchuck" configuration so that I don't have to press " 2 + - " everytime I boot a game or my controller disconnects?

16. henlo923

henlo923 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Hello I've been trying to open and change the code in the dol file in Nintendont but it got me nowhere. I'd like to ask if anyone has the dol file where the timer is deleted in the code because my small bro can't finish the Pikmin 2 credits and would like to play more. I just created a GBAtemp acct for this ;u; thank you so much to anyone who would answer!

17. ccfman2004

United States
    I believe this issue was fixed a long time ago. What Nintendont version are you using?

EDIT: It was fixed more than 5 years ago

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-1360#post-5453150

Last edited by ccfman2004, Nov 25, 2020
  18. henlo923

henlo923 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Hello thanks for answering! I just downloaded Nintendont lately and the loader is v6.490. Sadly Pikmin 2 still freezes in the middle of the cutscene.

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    is your iso md5 checked? what settings you got turned on?

also could you turn everything off except mcemu if your using it anyway, and turn on log and osreport and thren after the crash go to your sd/usb whatever file you have the iso and upload your ndebug file? maybe that issue resurfaced, i havent played pikmin 2 in years so no idea.

Last edited by pedro702, Nov 25, 2020
  20. henlo923

henlo923 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    i don't know if my iso md5 is checked, how do I check it?
    btw this is the ndebug file I've got after following your advice:

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont,