Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you sure it syncs to 4 player or all 4 lights are showing?

if it was only port 4 the wiimote will only show the 4th light and not all 4, if its showing all 4 it means its not sinced to any port.

if only light 4 happens then you have controllers connected to 1-3.

if you have a wiiu gc adapter or are using the wiiu gamepad they take priority over bt controllers like wiimote.

also fake wiimotes/joycons usualy dont work ingame even if they work on nintendont menu itself.

2. [Truth]

[Truth] GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2006
    Germany
    Mushroom Kingdom
    I was testing a few custom injects on WiiU today and noticed a few PAL games in my library don´t work with force progressive (I don´t use widescreen hack), namely:
    Code:
    Resident Evil 1
    Resident Evil 2
    Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
    Resident Evil Zero
    Metroid Prime
    Metroid Prime 2
    Rogue Squadron III

I was wondering, why these same games work with Swiss forced progressive:
    http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swiss/Forced_Progressive_Compatibility_List

Is it possible to patch this @FIX94?
    Also I seem to remember, that at least Metroid Prime used to work with forced progressive in the past.

3. agibby5

agibby5 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sunday
    United States
    I was using a rock candy wiimote. Switched to my real wiimote, and it worked. Maybe the first post should be updated to reflect this information. By the way, thank you so much because you don't know how long I spent on trying to get nintendont to work (unknowingly using my non-genuine wiimote). I'm embarrassed to admit how long.

So before I go out and by some, do the PDP or Hori fight pads work with the remote to control the gamecube games? Thoughts on those?

Last edited by agibby5, Feb 10, 2019 at 4:24 PM
  4. SieKensou

SieKensou Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    Hello, first of all, congratulations for the great job with this loader. It's good to see how the most part of games work very well.

I have some questions about how Nintendont works. The other day I was playing some games stored in my HDD and I noticed some issues (Nintendont being stuck at the start when trying to load the games and show the list... freezing the game after some time of play, GameCube "an error ocurred" screen...). I'm not sure if it could be problem of my hard disc (other times I didn't notice any problems and I load Wii games from that HDD too). Should I use an Y cable? I'm using it on a Wii and I have readed that it should have enough power for the HDD with one USB cable...

Well, after this problems I'm considering to buy and use an SD card to store the apps and store only the games in the HDD. As I still haven't the SD card, my questions are: if Nintendont app is on the SD card and you select USB to search for the games, will the saves be created/readed from the HDD or the SD? And what about the config and BIOS files? I still think Nintendont should have configurable directories...

Another problem is that at the start it takes too long to search for all the games. I think it should do this only if it's the first time you run Nintendont, saving your game list on a file and then, having a button to refresh the list if you want because you added or removed a game.... if you don't refresh the list, it should just read the file of your gamers instead of searching again for all the games you have. It would show the game list much faster.

And the last... I know you can use another loader to load GameCube games through Nintendont, but would be too much complex to make Nintendont show the cover of the game you are selecting in the Nintendont interface? (And talking about the interface, I would put Nintendont background image a bit more transparent).

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    if your games are taking long time to shown and error has ocurred happens, means your hdd is not fast enough for nintendont calls, and no nintendont wont show gamecovers becuase nintendont was always made to be incorporated on loaders with those features like usbloader and wiiflow and such.

6. SieKensou

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    I think that is not correct... when it loads the games list correctly it takes too much time because the ammount of games (I said too much time because it's a bit annoying to wait so much, but it's over a minute or maybe less)...
    About that Nintendont calls and the HDD being not fast enough... Can be that related with the Wii not sending enough power? Why one day I can play for hours without no problems and other day, same HDD, same game, it causes that problems? Same for the game list, the most times it loads fine (although it takes too much time because the ammount of GameCube games), but other times it gets stuck there. I notice it stops searching because the HDD light stops to blink and the pad doesn't respond (I have to force the shutdown of the Wii pressing the ON/OFF button for a few seconds).
    The HDD is fast enough, it's really fast when connected to the PC to an USB 2.0 port...

Yes, I understand this, but it's annoying to have the GameCube games mixed between the Wii games, that's why I use Nintendont as a standalone loader, even if their interface is not as complete as the one of other loaders, but showing a .png image of the cover in one side when selecting each game will help to identify the game when using Nintendont without another loader.

And do you have any idea of the other think I asked?

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yes nintendont app can be on sd card and games on usb.

nintendont doesnt use the same format for reading that wii games do,it has a custom fat code so it can work at all, it seems your hdd might sometimes fail afew calls, but your issue will still happen tough, since games on hdd is where it fails to read. and crash.

Last edited by pedro702, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:41 PM
  8. SieKensou

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    Okay, thanks. I still don't get why sometimes it is fast enough and other it isn't... But I will have to buy another HDD...
    But if Nintendont is on the SD card and you load the games from the USB, the saves, config files, BIOS files, etc can be in the SD and will they work?

Last edited by SieKensou, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:58 PM
  9. CORE

CORE GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Resident Evil Zero does not play off Gamepad I get Black Screen Crash.

10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    probably forced some settings like videomodes or just a bad iso really.

lots of times injects fail and such due to bad instals.

CORE likes this.
  11. Missingphy

Missingphy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    is THere a way to connect a new model dualshock 4?

12. SieKensou

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    If Nintendont is on the SD card and you load the games from the USB, the saves, config files, BIOS files, etc. can be in the SD and will they work? or they need to be in the USB too?

I ask because I still haven't a SD card and I'm thinking in buy one if I can put the saves and config files there and just load the games from the HDD.

13. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    Read the OP.
    quoted directly from it:

Yan3 likes this.
  14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    only the app will be readed from sd, everything else must be and will be created/readed from usb instead.

Yan3 likes this.
  15. SieKensou

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    Okay, thanks. It would be better if only the games would be loaded from the USB and the saves and all the other files from the SD (when the app is in the SD) because that way, the HDD would be always ready to load the game data and not looking for other stuff when loading/saving...

16. tswntk

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    that feature has been asked right from the beginning as constant writing to a a hdd post a (slight) risk of corrupting it; but the dev don't want to do it.
    Nintendont can only mount one partition at a time hence when you are running games from HDD, the SD is unmounted and not available.
    I'm sure its totally possible to mount both HDD and SD at the same time (Wii game loaders are doing it) if memory was not a constrain.

17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    nintendont uses every memory it can get, there is no extra memory to mount both options.

18. SieKensou

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    Spain
    Oh, sorry, I used the search option to look for the official Nintendont thread and I didn't noticed this is the Wii U forum...

I was thinking if it would be possible to separate the Wii version from the Wii U version and maybe would be possible to remove some stuff that is specifically for Wii U and that would make the Wii version a bit lighter and maybe that space could be used to enable the SD card....

19. tswntk

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    nope, Nintendont is not a WiiU app, it runs in vWii which is basically the same as a Wii. In fact it was developed in Wii and then add vWii compatibility which are minor changes.

20. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    doesn't work like that, nintendont is using every ram memory, removing stuff from wiiu wouldn't make a difference because they aren't occupying any ram if they aren't used.

Also there is basicaly 1 or 2 wiiu settings wich are basicaly single line settings like wiiu widescreen lol.