Hacking Nintendont

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delete your ninconfig.bin and your nintendont controller.ini fi any on the root, probably had a corrupt file.
I deleted the controller inis in "controller" as I'm not using them, but i don't have any ninconfig.bin on my SD card that I can find, and no controller.ini was on the root of the SD.

Last edited by KhenemetHeru,
D

Deleted User

I deleted the controller inis in "controller" as I'm not using them, but i don't have any ninconfig.bin on my SD card that I can find, and no controller.ini was on the root of the SD.
He meant nincfg.bin delete it from all the devices you are using nintendont on its on the root of your devices, but keep in mind you will have to enter your settings again (e.g. memcard emulation, force progressive, etc)

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He meant nincfg.bin delete it from all the devices you are using nintendont on its on the root of your devices, but keep in mind you will have to enter your settings again (e.g. memcard emulation, force progressive, etc)

I just triple-checked and that doesn't exist on either drive, or the SD card... And the only place I have ever applied settings is in USB Loader GX. Is there anywhere else that I would have to look?

D

Deleted User

I just triple-checked and that doesn't exist on either drive, or the SD card... And the only place I have ever applied settings is in USB Loader GX. Is there anywhere else that I would have to look?
Delete all settings in usbloader gx. Search them on sd/apps/usbloadergx/ or usb/apps/usbloadergx and delete everything except boot.dol icon.png and meta.xml

Yan3

The guy nobody knows
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete all settings in usbloader gx. Search them on sd/apps/usbloadergx/ or usb/apps/usbloadergx and delete everything except boot.dol icon.png and meta.xml

@KhenemetHeru
no dont delete your folder for the cover art, it would be stuppid, and the .txt for the settings should be identified so just delete it, not the entire thing

(and if you dont find find it, see your custom paths)

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Did that, and same as before. Whether thru the loader or homebrew channel, Nintendont is hanging at "Checking Storage Devices..." - the hard drive light flickers once when the message comes up (either drive), but then the console hard locks.

EDIT: god damn this thread is dense... I just found someone had the same problem a few months ago, but search didn't turn it up when I was sifting thru earlier... anyway hope this person sees this:
I done that more than 10 times. But it's fixed now, I found a older version which doesn't have the problem. :)

Since you got it fixed, any chance you can pass me that version? I'm having the same problem, apparently...

Yan3

The guy nobody knows
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did that, and same as before. Whether thru the loader or homebrew channel, Nintendont is hanging at "Checking Storage Devices..." - the hard drive light flickers once when the message comes up (either drive), but then the console hard locks.
I’M SO DUMB it can’t be usbgx settings since it doesn’t work even directly in Nintendont, did you check the naming of your games or naming of the folders? who knows. Might be a damaged USB port but I’m not quite sure.

Could be the version too though.

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’M SO DUMB it can’t be usbgx settings since it doesn’t work even directly in Nintendont, did you check the naming of your games or naming of the folders? who knows. Might be a damaged USB port but I’m not quite sure.

Could be the version too though.
definitely not the usb port as I was just running wii games from the same hard drive thru usb loader gx. It's definitely something Nintendont doesn't like as it also happens from the HBC (v1.1.2, I just checked to be sure it wasn't that HBC was too old, too). UGH! giving up for now as I need sleep.

NEW: Last version I had working was 4.441, I just found my files from when I did the Wii U CFW mod back in 2017. Prior to that was v3.331 from when I did the vWii mod originally. Not that that helps I bet, but I just don't get what's going on. Neither of those behave any differently now, they both hang the same way - I'm about ready to dig up another Wii U to mod just for this...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
definitely not the usb port as I was just running wii games from the same hard drive thru usb loader gx. It's definitely something Nintendont doesn't like as it also happens from the HBC (v1.1.2, I just checked to be sure it wasn't that HBC was too old, too). UGH! giving up for now as I need sleep.

NEW: Last version I had working was 4.441, I just found my files from when I did the Wii U CFW mod back in 2017. Prior to that was v3.331 from when I did the vWii mod originally. Not that that helps I bet, but I just don't get what's going on. Neither of those behave any differently now, they both hang the same way - I'm about ready to dig up another Wii U to mod just for this...

just redownload nintendont boot.dol, put it on sd card and put an iso on sd card, and launch nintendont through the homebrew channel and not through usbloader and see if it works.

an ninconfig.bin must be created on the root of the sd card unless your sd card is locked and cant creat new files.

Headachegamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Had similar problems/errors.. frustrating stuff..

But this morning I switched to a different usb stick and ... voila, it worked... I was using an old 2.0 16g before, and now running a sandisk 3.0 ultra flair 16 gb..

luigi's mansion here I come..

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had similar problems/errors.. frustrating stuff..

But this morning I switched to a different usb stick and ... voila, it worked... I was using an old 2.0 16g before, and now running a sandisk 3.0 ultra flair 16 gb..

luigi's mansion here I come..

See, that's why we say don't use USB sticks/flash drives/pen drives, whatever you want to call them. Using them is just asking to be frustrated as it's the likely cause of most problems.

Reactions: Yan3

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just redownload nintendont boot.dol, put it on sd card and put an iso on sd card, and launch nintendont through the homebrew channel and not through usbloader and see if it works.

an ninconfig.bin must be created on the root of the sd card unless your sd card is locked and cant creat new files.

Did all this, and it still hangs at the same place (though it took a second longer to get there). It does create a nincfg.bin at the root of the card now, I will attach that if it can help.

Attachments

• nincfg.bin.zip
    204 bytes · Views: 134

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Did all this, and it still hangs at the same place (though it took a second longer to get there). It does create a nincfg.bin at the root of the card now, I will attach that if it can help.
the ninconfig doesnt help, if it cant even check your sd card something is very off.

your sure you made a clean install? deleted everything nintendont related on sd card and redownloaded everything?

the entire folder on apps was re-downloaded?

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ninconfig doesnt help, if it cant even check your sd card something is very off.

your sure you made a clean install? deleted everything nintendont related on sd card and redownloaded everything?

the entire folder on apps was re-downloaded?

I thought I had, but no, I hadn't deleted the folder, just the contents... weird that it would do that, but in any case, it's working now, and brilliantly. Thanks for the help and your patience pedro702. Now I have to merge my Wii and GC drive contents to the new 3TB drive before I can get down to playing again.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I thought I had, but no, I hadn't deleted the folder, just the contents... weird that it would do that, but in any case, it's working now, and brilliantly. Thanks for the help and your patience pedro702. Now I have to merge my Wii and GC drive contents to the new 3TB drive before I can get down to playing again.
probably some corruption issue or something, glad you got it working, sometimes its just the minor things.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I need some help with changing region of a game. Basically I've installed Smash Melee (USA,JAP) on my as a title on my WiiU with tecmoon's vc injector, and I want to play it in japanese instead of the USA that it defaults to. Is this possible and where do I change this? I tried to do it through the nintendont settings via vwii homebrew launcher but I could not find any sort of relevant option.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I need some help with changing region of a game. Basically I've installed Smash Melee (USA,JAP) on my as a title on my WiiU with tecmoon's vc injector, and I want to play it in japanese instead of the USA that it defaults to. Is this possible and where do I change this? I tried to do it through the nintendont settings via vwii homebrew launcher but I could not find any sort of relevant option.
you can try forcing language to japanese on nintendont settings, not sure it will work tough.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you can try forcing language to japanese on nintendont settings, not sure it will work tough.
Oh really I couldn't find it anywhere, not even on Nintendont SD card menu in tecmoons app. I did however discover that you can change to japanese natively in smash melee, so problem solved for now I guess.

Btw I also tried leaving only my jap bios in the root folder without any luck..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh really I couldn't find it anywhere, not even on Nintendont SD card menu in tecmoons app. I did however discover that you can change to japanese natively in smash melee, so problem solved for now I guess.

Btw I also tried leaving only my jap bios in the root folder without any luck..
nintendont options are in the settings, not sure which loader or whatever you are using but running nintendont normaly you press b to see the settings before launching games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1