Hacking Nintendont

D

Deleted User

Why is there even a file for the new DualShock 4 if it doesn’t work via usb? Can I pair it via Bluetooth and also remap it?

KirbyTheGiver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get my GBA Link cable to work with Nintendont. I have native controller on and I tested the cable with the wii's default MIOS and it worked fine.

D

Deleted User

ps3 and ps4 controllers only through usb cable and only one at a time.
Then why is there a damn file if the newer ds4 doesn’t work via usb? Shouldn’t the dongle work with nintendont since it emulates a wired connection?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then why is there a damn file if the newer ds4 doesn’t work via usb? Shouldn’t the dongle work with nintendont since it emulates a wired connection?
that is becuase newer ps4 controllers need a new ini file that isnt built in on nintendont, i have no idea what dongle you are talking about tbh, every hid controller needs an ini file, some are already built on nintendont itself, new ps4 controllers arent built in yet.Also if the dongle happens to be an hid device then it would probably need its own ini file to work, that is if its hid at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't seem to get my GBA Link cable to work with Nintendont. I have native controller on and I tested the cable with the wii's default MIOS and it worked fine.
if its official it will work, if its 3rd party it will not work most likely.

Last edited by pedro702,

KirbyTheGiver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its official it will work, if its 3rd party it will not work most likely.
Well fuck, I guess I'll have to spend another 18$ for an original cable.

Note the game recognizes the cable it just gives out a connection error.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well fuck, I guess I'll have to spend another 18$ for an original cable.

Note the game recognizes the cable it just gives out a connection error.
third party /fake ones arent garanteed to work in nintendont only original ones, fake ones might work in dios mios maybe its a matter of trying.

Reactions: KirbyTheGiver

Mike516

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I recently modded my wiiU to run CFW and also set up the homebrew channel on my vWii, and am ready to install nintendont to use with USB Loader GX with the goal of playing Wii/GC backups from the same HDD. Instead of buying one of the HDDs known to be compatible, I put together something from unused parts that I had laying around.

My plan is to use an AC powered dual hard drive docking station (connected to WiiU via USB) , and dock a 1TB SATA PC Hard Drive formatted as FAT32. The advantage of this (if it works) is that I can leave a second 1TB SATA hard drive docked formatted for my WiiU games - this is possible because the docking station has a button that allows you to physically disconnect either of the docked harddrives from the dock while leaving them inserted. Thus instead of having two external drives and switching between them (one for Wii/GC and one for WiiU), I can just power down the WiiU, press a button on the dock, and boot the wiiU back up.

Does anyone see this setup running into any issues with nintendont/USB Loader GX to boot Wii/GC backups?

Yan3

The guy nobody knows
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there! I recently modded my wiiU to run CFW and also set up the homebrew channel on my vWii, and am ready to install nintendont to use with USB Loader GX with the goal of playing Wii/GC backups from the same HDD. Instead of buying one of the HDDs known to be compatible, I put together something from unused parts that I had laying around.

My plan is to use an AC powered dual hard drive docking station (connected to WiiU via USB) , and dock a 1TB SATA PC Hard Drive formatted as FAT32. The advantage of this (if it works) is that I can leave a second 1TB SATA hard drive docked formatted for my WiiU games - this is possible because the docking station has a button that allows you to physically disconnect either of the docked harddrives from the dock while leaving them inserted. Thus instead of having two external drives and switching between them (one for Wii/GC and one for WiiU), I can just power down the WiiU, press a button on the dock, and boot the wiiU back up.

Does anyone see this setup running into any issues with nintendont/USB Loader GX to boot Wii/GC backups?
Only way to know is to try

Mike516

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, getting really confused here (sorry, total noob)

All i've done so far is follow every step on this guide ( wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding.html ) for both the WiiU CFW and the vWii cIOS setup. Reading the nintendont setup, it seems I need IOS58.

Is my next step just to download the IOS58 installer, install it, reinstall the homebrew channel (per the instructions found here wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer ) and then proceed into the nintendont guide from there? Or do I need USB Loader GX before nintendont?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

All i've done so far is follow every step on this guide ( wiiu.hacks.guide/vwii-modding.html ) for both the WiiU CFW and the vWii cIOS setup. Reading the nintendont setup, it seems I need IOS58.

Is my next step just to download the IOS58 installer, install it, reinstall the homebrew channel (per the instructions found here wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer ) and then proceed into the nintendont guide from there? Or do I need USB Loader GX before nintendont?
nintendont uses official ios58 you dont need to install anything the wii has one, unless you installed a fake one and nintendont needs the original one, not usre what tutorials you are following that say to instal and ios58 ...

nintendont doesnt need usloadergx to work it works on its own aswhell, usbloader gx is just if you want to see the game logos and such really, its better to just launch nintendont alone first to try it.

Last edited by pedro702,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

don't ever use Wii softmod guide on vWii. vWii comes with an official ios58. If you used the ios58 installer, you probably bricked the vWii.

240p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ran into an issue maybe someone can help me out.

So I rely heavily on the screen width adjustment setting in Nintendont to make sure games display properly on my monitor (my monitor doesnt let me manually shrink the picture). The problem is when I boot up my Ocarina of time master quest disc it asks which game to boot (regular OoT or master quest). The screen is fine until I boot into either one, then the display settings I chose in Nintendont seem to go back to default (slightly too wide).

If I make an ISO of my disc is there a way to hack the rom so that it boots directly into master quest for example? Otherwise a fix in Nintendont might be possible.. not sure what the best solution is here...

Also, side question, if anyone knows of any apps that can adjust the screen width of wii games (between 640-720) please let me know! It's such a shame the current USB loaders do not have this feature :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte