Hacking Nintendont

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sorry to quote my own post, but I tried Tomb Raider Legend, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King today. All three are listed as widescreen compatible in the list, yet all three merely stretch the image and are thus by definition not widescreen compatible.

I bet half of the supposedly 'widescreen compatible' games in the list are like this.

That's actually a good idea, correct me if I'm wrong, games that support native widescreen have the option to switch it in game, it could be easy detect what games are actually using true widescreen. From the games I've tested so far, if they doesn't have in-game option for widescreen they only will strecht the image to cover black borders.

Not sure what are the parameters to submit a game as widescreen compatible in the list, but it "should" be as you say.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get my official gc usb adapter to work in nintendont.

First I start SSB Wii U, then I close it and I go to Wii Mode.
Then I start up Nintendont (v2.270) and, for example, I execute Eternal Darkness.
My controller doesn't do anything.

Any help?

HID needs to be enabled and you need the controller .ini for the adapter in the root of your SD. The adapter isn't native, you still need to configure it.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then I start up Nintendont (v2.270) and, for example, I execute Eternal Darkness.

Any help?

First of all you no longer need to start Smash Bros. U. Second, did you properly copy the GC Wii U adapter controller.ini to where the ISO is and turn HID to on in Nintendont?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Oh, now you guys mention the controller.ini
I'm looking to disable HOME button to exit (on CC, and WUPC), I have the bad habit to pause games with HOME :lol:, no need to tell what happen then...
The ini I have is only for GCN adapter, can you overwrite nintendont button config for bt controllers (CC/WUPC), or are they hardcoded?

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all you no longer need to start Smash Bros. U. Second, did you properly copy the GC Wii U adapter controller.ini to where the ISO is and turn HID to on in Nintendont?

Which is the one for the GC adapter? There are a lot of them

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. Let's try it.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheat path is on and not sure on a cheat path set.
You dont mention what instructions you followed. based on the error the cheat path isnt being set by your loader. what loader and version version of the loader are you using? Try turning cheat path off.

D

Deleted-353083

Any help?

Do you have the .ini files on the root of your sd card/usb drive? And in the options have you selected to use your HID device?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF I am not wrong, all reports of broken HDD support are 2TB+ Seagate drives
could that be a Seagate/model problem?

Of course that doesn't mean other brands will/not work in Nintendont, we simply don't have the data.
If users could get organised and fill the missing data, that could be a great help to the dev.

And are those broken drives work in Wiixplorer using iso58?
More info should help isolate the problem be it a drive, ios58 or Nintendont's issue.

Size doesnt seem to matter nor does the brand.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a little thing, but I'd like to request a change to how the compatibility list is handled with regards to widescreen compatibility.

Right now, 'green' rating for widescreen compatibility seems to simply mean 'does not crash/break game'. As a result, games that stretch the screen rather than incresing the displayed area are being rated as green despite the fact that 'force widescreen' is evidently not working with these games. It is nonsense to rate these games as 'green' for widescreen compatibilty when the setting by definition is not working for these titles. We shouldn't simply be looking at whether or not the game crashes, we should also be looking at whether or not forcing widescreen is actually working. This issue is complicated further by the fact that some people apparently have crap eyes and think the game is properly working in widescreen when it is actually being stretched.

My proposed changes:

Green - Widescreen works, or has minimal issues (objects outside 4:3 area not appearing etc.).

Amber - Widescreen works but has significant artifacts or bugs.

Red - Widescreen stretches image, or crashes game.

This would more accurately reflect not only whether or not widescreen breaks the game but also whether or not widescreen is actually working. In addition, plese compare 4:3 and forced widescreen mode before editing the list so as to check the screen isn't being stretched.

What do others think?
I agree with this, although I think maybe red should be reserved for crashing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can find updated USBLoaderGX in my signature/blog/mediafile/googlecode/in few mins on the internal updater.
It's Airline38 mod, with added features. Thanks to him for helping users while I wasn't here.

I added an option to choose whether you want to Create/delete/keep existing nincfg.bin file.

Always delete: fresh boot of nintendont from HBC.
Always create: next launch of nintendont from HBC will use the same settings than USBGX.
No change : This option allows you to keep a config for nintendont launched from HBC even if you launch other games/settings from USBGX.
but It's untested, If you have any issue let me know.
It's only for advanced users, end users should keep "No change" setting.

D

Deleted-353083

yeah unless some rev states the padread code was changed dont bother trying

sonic chaos race
resident evil 0 dial door
call of duty
tiger woods 2002,2003 and 2004
nfl street 2

this games only work well with native on wich means its a pad read issue so unless some rev changes the padread code you are just wasting time.

What exactly do you mean by "native on"? Is there a way to get RE 0 working past the issue with the dial? I have the PAL version and in the compatibility list it only mentions about the dial for the NTSC version.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
One question, the ps3 controller is supported on bluetooth or only via usb?

If so, how can i pair the controller with the wiiu?

USB only, to pair a ps3 controller you'd need to change the mac address to that of the bluetooth device / console you want to access, that's how it works with Android and Windows

www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/tool.html
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

the bluetooth mac address is normally -1 or +1 of your normal lan / wifi mac address

??:??:??: ??:??:01 - Bluetooth mac address.
??:??:??: ??:??:02 - LAN / Wifi mac address.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly do you mean by "native on"? Is there a way to get RE 0 working past the issue with the dial? I have the PAL version and in the compatibility list it only mentions about the dial for the NTSC version.
If you're using a regular Wii with a regular GC controller and a real MC, simply play the game with the option "Native Controls" set to "On" keep in mind you won't be able to do the exit combo with this but you can still reset the game by pressing the rests button on the console.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
native on only works on old wiis with gc ports and using a gc controller since native means using the original pure gamecube padread code wich only works under those circunstances as expected.

PatrickBatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched and searched and see everyone has gotten Resident Evil Zero to work great with nintendont except swapping discs. Anyway thats not my problem, it's the video. The cinematics at the title screen wont show (tv reads unsupported mode) nor does the text that starts the game. In game itself the screen is stretched vertically and squashed horizontally. I'm using the US gamecube version on US wii console with nintendont (tried many different versions same outcome). Any help would be great.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched and searched and see everyone has gotten Resident Evil Zero to work great with nintendont except swapping discs. Anyway thats not my problem, it's the video. The cinematics at the title screen wont show (tv reads unsupported mode) nor does the text that starts the game. In game itself the screen is stretched vertically and squashed horizontally. I'm using the US gamecube version on US wii console with nintendont (tried many different versions same outcome). Any help would be great.

Disc swapping works fine for me and has been ever since it's been implemented, the issue with the game currently is being unable to play through the whole game with bluetooth devices.

It sounds like your having a video mode problem or your nincfg.bin hasn't been deleted between versions.

PatrickBatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention i got the EU version to test that which just black screened, well I tested it again because I only tested it on one version of Nintendont and now the EU version works fine. Its weird all my other games are US NTSC my console is US and they play fine except this game is the opposite makes no sense to me (My TV is 16:9 HD BTW changing the aspect via TV had no effect on the US version)

Ok thanks i'll check that out.

EDIT: the disc swap was particular to this game hanging for some reason not a problem with disc swap in general anyway i mentioned only because thats the only problem mentioned when i searched with this game. The dial thing mentioned a few posts up.

OK FIGURED IT OUT.

Progressive patch was forced on globally so NTSC version will screw up like I mentioned early video wise. It will not affect the EU version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, btw how are you?