Hacking Nintendont

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea,/ it's as if the program freezes up on the vwii. The ps2 controller does have the analog light come on and off and the adapter lights up...

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
]
If you can somehow implement 1:1 joystick support in the same way the dolphin developers did that should solve the lag issue

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....eCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin
What makes you you think that the lag still has anything to do with the controllers?
The feedback on the smash boards has been nonexistant after the changes that were done for meele and all the general changes that could affect meele. Assuming its not already working prefectly with todays version.
Does running on a wii from an sd card , native on, everything else off/default, analog tv run perfectly or not?
If that runs perfectly turn native off, Does it still run perfectly?
If it still runs perfectly turn hid on, max pads = 0, plug in the gamecube adapter for wii u into the usb port and move the gamecube controller to it. does it still work perfectly?
Once you have gone through the controllers you can start changing other options (wide screen, resolution, digital monitor) one at a time to see how it affects lag.

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everybody,

Thank a lot for this very great and very useful software.
I tried it and I would like to report a problem with the game SRS : street racing syndicate and maybe some other games...

The game not freeze but blocks when women ask to do a challenge in the street in street mode. We don't hear her voice and she continue moving like in an infinite loop after confirming accepting the challenge with A button. it doesn't happen with neogamma and wiigator MIOS v10. I tried both US and EUR version with unshrunk files. I have the same result with burned mini DVDR. unlike reporting in nintendont compatibilty thread, Autosave seems to work well in PAL version. for information, I used nintendont 2.265

Best regards

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there you have it folks not all ps2 to usb/360 adapters work with nintendont.
based on the xtokki web site that adapter outputs to an xbox 360. xbox360 is not hid compatable. If you want to use that adapter you will need to get another adapter to convert the xbox 360 signal to hid.
simpler to get an ps2 to hid adapter.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody,

Thank a lot for this very great and very useful software.
I tried it and I would like to report a problem with the game SRS : street racing syndicate and maybe some other games...

The game not freeze but blocks when women ask to do a challenge in the street in street mode. We don't hear her voice and she continue moving like in an infinite loop after confirming accepting the challenge with A button. it doesn't happen with neogamma and wiigator MIOS v10. I tried both US and EUR version with unshrunk files. I have the same result with burned mini DVDR. unlike reporting in nintendont compatibilty thread, Autosave seems to work well in PAL version. for information, I used nintendont 2.265

Best regards

Are you on a normal Wii with gamecube ports? Turn on native controls if you are

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I'm having the same problem, are you using PAL or NTSC backups? the blackscreen only seems to happen on PAL games when forcing 480p. The "disc by default" is a usb loader gx setting though, it shouldn't have any effect on nitendont, unless it's been added after v2.265.

Hello. I'm using only PAL backups, all are 1:1 backups made after original discs I own with USB GX Loader (except for Triforce games).
I use the mod version of USB loader made by Airline38 (https://www.sendspace.com/file/xk3l39), since Cyan's version gave me an error after v2.264 of Nintendont.
I cannot tell why the "disc by default" sometimes gave me better results than "force" or even "auto", but it did, so I guess it is worth a try for you ?

BTW, I'm using Nintendont with games that are not fully compatible with Dios Mios (streaming audio), or give better results (like the 16.9 effect in Wind Waker, where objects don't disappear at the borders of the screen), for I am lucky enough to own a first-generation Wii (but it is still a great software) : I found out that using the "disc by default setting" with DM although gave some improvement too sometimes (for example my LOTR - 2 towers game runs on PAL60 only with "disc by default" + progressive off setting, if I try "auto" I get a black screen).

So you might try to use a combination of DM and Nintendont (that is, if you're on a first model of Wii of course) to get the best out of these two? Good luck and please let me know if you manage to make your games work properly on 480P.

Regards.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It is SO frustrating that when I am ready to start a game via loader, Wiimote registers automatically as controller 1 and Wii U Pro as controller 2 and I am stuck to play my desired game with a controller I do not want to use. I wish we had the OPTION (from the settings menu) to choose a control method for each game. This is getting extremely annoying....:(

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you on a normal Wii with gamecube ports? Turn on native controls if you are

Hi Adeka and thanks for your answer,

Yes I have normal Wii with gamecube ports. And it doesn't work too with native control turn on :-(
Note that with this parameter turn to on, the Z+R+B+down combination to return to nintendont menu does not work too !

I also tried with the recent version 2.267 of nintendont and, unfortunately, same result.

PS : I reported this issue in the compatibility thread and someone edit my post to tell me to report in the thread. Am I in the good thread actually ? because I didn't find another one.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is SO frustrating that when I am ready to start a game via loader, Wiimote registers automatically as controller 1 and Wii U Pro as controller 2 and I am stuck to play my desired game with a controller I do not want to use. I wish we had the OPTION (from the settings menu) to choose a control method for each game. This is getting extremely annoying....:(
So turn off the Wiimote and play your damn game.

zychion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I think this one may have passed under the radar when I previously mentioned it but, I have a Wiiu and most of the widescreen patches dont seem to work. Kirby air ride does nothing. Beyond good and evil does nothing. Phantasy star online does work though.

Insane754

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you you think that the lag still has anything to do with the controllers?
The feedback on the smash boards has been nonexistant after the changes that were done for meele and all the general changes that could affect meele. Assuming its not already working prefectly with todays version.
Does running on a wii from an sd card , native on, everything else off/default, analog tv run perfectly or not?
If that runs perfectly turn native off, Does it still run perfectly?
If it still runs perfectly turn hid on, max pads = 0, plug in the gamecube adapter for wii u into the usb port and move the gamecube controller to it. does it still work perfectly?
Once you have gone through the controllers you can start changing other options (wide screen, resolution, digital monitor) one at a time to see how it affects lag.
Everything runs fine with native on a wii. So the lag difference must come from the fact that dolphin uses 1:1 joystick input where nintendont does not. Is there a way to do this so the dead zones etc can be just as precise.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
and you do know ingame if you press the shutdown button on the wiimote itself it will shutdown only the wiimote instead of the console and all bt devices will be moved foward dont you?

The funny thing is that in fact, I did not know this. This information is life save for me! Thank you! :grog:

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything runs fine with native on a wii. So the lag difference must come from the fact that dolphin uses 1:1 joystick input where nintendont does not. Is there a way to do this so the dead zones etc can be just as precise.
The joystick input is configurable in booth. The default controller.ini for the gamecube adapter for wii u is set to give you 1:1
Now how about running the second test I asked for? ONLY change turning native controls off

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Latest ULGX mod by airline let's you use Wii U Pro Controller while navigating through the loader, if you start your game with pro controller it should get associated as player 1.

Reactions: panmusic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...