Hacking Nintendont

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NekoKat I hate to be that guy but Spyro a Hero's Tail ntsc works fine in latest nintendont version for me.
Nah man, you're not "that guy", in fact I rather believe it's the FST format what's at fault; since the same happened with Star Fox Adventures, but the used it RAW and SFA ran perfectly.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Nah man, you're not "that guy", in fact I rather believe it's the FST format what's at fault; since the same happened with Star Fox Adventures, but the used it RAW and SFA ran perfectly.

For Spyro try 1:1 iso, it is what I use and that's perfect.

wiitf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Yes, but only on WiiFlow. GX tries to run the Wii game then throws me back to HC. CFG doesn't even list the Wii games, only GC games :| So I never tried CFG with nothing.

To recap:
1. GX lists both WII and GC. Wii throws back to HC. GC loads but nintendont now throws the DSI exception, yesterday loaded Mario Sunshine but got stuck after the video (intro) and had to restart Wii with power cable; that is, I was never able to move Mario not even once.
2. WiiFlow only lists Wii. Loads Wii just fine (tried with Mario Galaxy 2 and Skyward Sword), was able to play the games a bit and even save.
3. CFG (usb loader) lists only GC games. Since it won't even show Wii games and I cannot see option to nintendont or anything I never tried it for anything.
4. SD (1 GB, non SDHC) card contains all apps. "controllers" folder is on root of USB (Canvio 3.0 1 TB, single FAT32 partition, 23KB cluster size).
5. On USB I have GC games (/games/title [id]/game.iso) with 1:1 ISOs, I have WBFS (/wbfs/title [id]/title [id].wbfs). USB is connected to upper rear port, if Wii U was laying down. Not using Y cable, assume I don't need one since it loads apps fine and was able to run Wii games properly.
6. Using latest revisions of WiiFlow, GX and CFG, as downloaded in the "Easy Guide to Softmod" from here (GbaTemp) and updated internally each when available.
7. I have tried nintendont r228, r247, r239. r228 was the only one that worked so far (1) but now not even that one works.

I'm having some of the same exact problems.. wonder what's going on. Nintendont isn't working as the default loader in Wiiflow (game folders within /games/ wont even appear in the path manager), and this problem:

• Nintendont always freezes at "Loading Patched Kernel... -1":
If The Homebrew Channel has a custom theme applied, reload the default bubble theme, or another custom theme, and try again.

...is affecting me even though my HBC does not have any custom themes applied, and never has.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but only on WiiFlow. GX tries to run the Wii game then throws me back to HC. CFG doesn't even list the Wii games, only GC games :| So I never tried CFG with nothing.

To recap:
6. Using latest revisions of WiiFlow, GX and CFG, as downloaded in the "Easy Guide to Softmod" from here (GbaTemp) and updated internally each when available.

They might be out of date as that page might not show the latest versions. I know that USB Loader GX does not update to latest version from internal update as the update was strictly for Nintendont users.

Also with WiiFlow, you have to manually configure the GameCube iso directory and select what GameCube loader to use. Then when you move the cursor around on the main screen there will be a GameCube icon on the bottom right that you have to click on to show GameCube GameCube games.

wiitf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
They might be out of date as that page might not show the latest versions. I know that USB Loader GX does not update to latest version from internal update as the update was strictly for Nintendont users.

Also with WiiFlow, you have to manually configure the GameCube iso directory and select what GameCube loader to use. Then when you move the cursor around on the main screen there will be a GameCube icon on the bottom right that you have to click on to show GameCube GameCube games.

I've downloaded the latest revisions of Config and GX, not sure about Wiiflow, but to be honest I doubt being out of date by a .001 revision would be the cause of any issues.

I manually configured the paths for Gamecube games: usb1:/games/ ... the game folders inside of there do not even appear in the path manager.

There is also no Gamecube icon to click. It cycles through USB-Nand-[8 boxes]- etc, but no GC icon.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a reminder that Interactive multi-game demo disc 18 needs to be added to the paper mario arstartdma exception list (fix paper mario demo)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's exactly the same issue.
And yes I checked the google project pages for each and have the latest revision, the only thing that seems to be updated daily via nightly builds is Nintendont, the rest only have months old revisions, but if it can show me Nintendont it means it should work.

I do if available, configure the path manually, but I never saw no GC icon anywhere, just the usual icons and I can only switch between Wii/Homebrew and other two things (finally, what seems to be a WiFi icon shows the Wii games again).
Can I edit the config file manually or something?

The GameCube icon only appears when you set the directory for GameCube games in the WiiFlow paths in the settings.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As myself and Greenkoala said, we have done that. Any other reason it wouldn't be showing up?

How are your ISO's set up:

USB: /games/gamename/game.iso
or
USB: /games/gamename/gamename.iso?

If using Windows, make sure the file name is "game.iso" and not "game.iso.iso"

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB: /games/{gamename} [{id}]/game.iso

Eg (dummy title and id):

/games/Super Mario Sunshine [GMSP01]/game.iso

I'm using OS X and even if I was using windows I would never hide extensions (i.e activate the option), that's one of those lame windows default features.
I even opened the USB on WiiXplorer (whenever it wanted to read the USB, because sometimes it does nothing and I have to reload the HC for it to recognize the drive and list the contents) to double check if files had been deleted or something. Nope, there they are.

Can you verify that the USB drive is actually FAT32 and not regular FAT or FAT16 and not exFAT?

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I picked up a save from somewhere in the middle of the game and went through some of the following cutscenes and so far subtitles got displayed correctly. Once again, great work from FIX94 and the rest of the Nintendont dev team.
Wow, really? And the music works as well? That's great! Many many thanks! =)

Would love if Baten Kaitos Origins work in the future. (No request, just a wish :) )

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to all.
Tested r2.248 with mari kart arcade gp 2 and with my great surprise works like a charm.

only a question, are save game supported in triforce games?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Holy Mary, i was offline for some days and i now read that Starfox Adventures subs are fixed, Virtua Striker 4 is fixed, MKGP2 is fixed (AND whats more, with that asshat announcer muted!), Smugglers Run boots?
WOW, just wow... :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm not really fond of using Pronouns.page tbf.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea you already told me, you didnt feel like updating often your page or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Only good use of a Fire Stick is to pirate movies. I know that the models before HD (I think) is easy to enable dev mode.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Firestick is just android until they change os
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, soooooo I'm slowly returning to Roblox and last night I played the games on that platform with a friend of mine from there who apparently missed me. Is that ok?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its ok, I'll allow it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you gift him roblox buks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although i have 14 robux (somebody gave me)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Al quit the drug industry and got into robloxbucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reject modernity, embrace tradition lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reject tradition embrace modernity
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck Thanksgiving
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Reject modesty, embrace bdsm!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batman and Robin fanart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bruce banner having a night out, gets angry
    Robin rule 34
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Robin can't speak around catwoman
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is fun to learn my dental insurance is owned under Canada must be some peace treaty sun life has with them
    The maple syrup rots your teeth you pay to get them fixed Canada wins both times!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You rot my brain
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i rot you guys' brains too (i think)
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and i rot you guys' brains too (i think)