Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

qBob64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okie doke. I just figured that it was something along the lines of glovepie, but apparently it's a lot more complicated. :D

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
To all the people who are new here and suggest button mappings:
1) please check out the first post of this thread, there are now more than enough configs to cover any and all genres and i say this as someone with over 160 GC games from fighting to racing to FPS to platformers.
2) donate to Howard & AbdallahTerro and test the beta yourselves.

P.S. We should give Drak0rex's idea a go as well, maybe in a nagger's like config have nc c hold toggling IR on and off when unpressed? As i said before, in Wii games like Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tomb Raider Underworld, Scarface etc. this method works really well.

Super Monkey Ball with the Wiimote tilt as the joystick. Just a notion. :sleep: That is all

Homebrew does what Segadidn't? :) The Wii SMB was really mediocre compared to the GC ones.

D

Deleted User

If I buy the gamecube adapter for the wii u and connect a real gamecube controller is it gonna work on nintendot?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who donated should have recieved

Nintendont Nunchuck Beta 17

Based on 2.260

This was a test I tried using nunchuck tilt as the main stick.
it dosent work very well for me and I am planing on removing it.
Thought you guys might like to see it first.

select with 2 and +
//Tilt controls main stick
//A=A B=B Z=Z +=X -=Y Dpad=Standard
//C not pressed nunchuck Stick controls the cStick.
//C pressed nunchuck Stick L R tilt tied to L R analog triggers

NOTE troupage config was removed so this one could be added

Reactions: VinsCool

MintyDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm i dont like useing that config much. but then again i only play mario kart,zelda,sonic raider and heros so that config wont work well for me. also about my config for zelda games. you could use it in other fighting games where b is an attack button

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i've tried to donate but.. seems that mi credit card is not compatible:
"Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card."

I will try to use my wife's card :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i've tried to donate but.. seems that mi credit card is not compatible:
"Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct, or try a different credit or debit card."

I will try to use my wife's card :)

You could pay cash only I see :P

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howard Prolly too late, and you'll prolly shoot the idea down anyways, but has it been discussed to use Wiimote flicking for the C stick in certain games? Smash attacks in Melee come to mind. I'm sure other games could use this too (maybe Metroid Prime for changing beams). Just a thought.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howard Prolly too late, and you'll prolly shoot the idea down anyways, but has it been discussed to use Wiimote flicking for the C stick in certain games? Smash attacks in Melee come to mind. I'm sure other games could use this too (maybe Metroid Prime for changing beams). Just a thought.
While it is to late for the initial release It is possable that someone will come up with a great idea that will replace an existing config in the future.

Meele requires much more precise control of the cStick then you could ever get with flicking.

So far no one has proposed a general config using flicking. Everything that has been proposed is always for a single game.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it is to late for the initial release It is possable that someone will come up with a great idea that will replace an existing config in the future.

Meele requires much more precise control of the cStick then you could ever get with flicking.

So far no one has proposed a general config using flicking. Everything that has been proposed is always for a single game.
Then I suppose I would need to test several games in order to make my case more legit?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

why not start by un-commenting lines 742-3 756-7 to enable - and + as 1/2 triggers in naggers it's more practical than holding c and pressing z/b (the latter has unwanted tilt) moreover it won't affect anything just a better option

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I suppose I would need to test several games in order to make my case more legit?
Things I would be looking at when considering adding a new config are:
How many games could it be used with?
How many Multiplayer games could it be used with?
Why is it better than the existing configurations?
If we are looking a config for single player games only, why is it better than a gamepad?
Will the config actually work well?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not start by un-commenting lines 742-3 756-7 to enable - and + as 1/2 triggers in naggers it's more practical than holding c and pressing z/b (the latter has unwanted tilt) moreover it won't affect anything just a better option
It used to be + & -. I had multiple requests to change it to (C & Z) and (C & B) After it was changed no one requested it be changed back. (until now). I always thought + & - is the better option.

I had the same thing with the alternate IR settings. multiple requests for a change. Followed by no feedback saying the old way was better.

Was their just a vocal minority?

The next several days I want to see what feedback I get from the whole user base before making any changes.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It used to be + & -. I had multiple requests to change it to (C & Z) and (C & B) After it was changed no one requested it be changed back. (until now). I always thought + & - is the better option.

I had the same thing with the alternate IR settings. multiple requests for a change. Followed by no feedback saying the old way was better.

Was their just a vocal minority?

The next several days I want to see what feedback I get from the whole user base before making any changes.
But your fingers need to operate the L/R buttons while your thumb operates the face buttons. Kinda hard to do that when +/-=L/R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think