Hacking Nintendont

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
bobthebigbat
Try using a full 1:1 iso for Wind Waker for the game and then see if it still freezes.

I also posted my own similar experience with Starfox Assault a while back: a DM trimmed iso of the game blackscreened on intro to final level. Then i used a shrunk iso (1.2+GB game.iso) froze just before final queen boss, full 1:1 iso (1.35GB game.iso) played perfect as well as the end credits.

Also, there was a post mentioning Super Mario Sunshine's Shadow Mario levels freezing as well. Nope, i tested it again yesterday using Nintendont v.1.80 and a full 1:1 iso and it plays those levels fine (tested Rico Harbor shadow mario, Delfino Hotel shadow mario and the bonus stage in the first level). It's all good.
In fact, for SMSunsine in particular, Nintendont is better than Devolution for me, cause the latter loaded slower and was lagging in the intro CG (that is ofcourse due to my 5400 rpm slow HDD, but in nintrendont it doesn't stutter).

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I wonder why it needs two usb ports, i mean, i know it must be for power and data separately, but I think that's kinda stupid for an adapter. Por people that uses a usb-powered HDD with a y-cable, using this would mean using all the ports in the wiiU (if the front ports were made available when using hdd, of course) or used only by people that loads from sd.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why it needs two usb ports, i mean, i know it must be for power and data separately, but I think that's kinda stupid for an adapter. Por people that uses a usb-powered HDD with a y-cable, using this would mean using all the ports in the wiiU (if the front ports were made available when using hdd, of course) or used only by people that loads from sd.

Likely because it requires a lot of power/draws a lot of power for the adapter; yes it does sucks, but beggars can't be choosers, unless people want to stick with less-than-reliable third party GCN adapters.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Our Wii U will look like it is on life support with all those USB cables.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Far easier to load Nintendont on a Wii anyways. You don't need a Y-cable on a regular Wii.

More like "you can't use a y-cable", unless it's a wii classic with GC support or you're connecting the y-cable to the wii for data and to something else for power.

BUT HDD ENCLOSURE DOESNT WORK

It depends on what kind of enclosure it is. I had one that was usb powered, (with only one cable) and it wasn't enough. For me, anything that's AC powered is the best way to use an hdd with the wii.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like "you can't use a y-cable", unless it's a wii classic with GC support or you're connecting the y-cable to the wii for data and to something else for power.

It depends on what kind of enclosure it is. I had one that was usb powered, (with only one cable) and it wasn't enough. For me, anything that's AC powered is the best way to use an hdd with the wii.

Which is what I have, never used a Y-cable on there at all, my HDD runs just fine :P

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PI_FIFO_WP bit fix.
-Fixes F-Zero GX
Minor Zelda DSP clean up.
Disable _fwrite D patch. Doesn't appear to be the right function to patch.
Speed up hexdump.
-Perform 1 file write per line of text with a buffer instead of 35 without.

I needed a cache.txt file to make it to the main menu. I'll attach it to this post. It just caches the files used during boot, so it's probably not ideal.

Menu navigation in game is very slow.

For those curious about the fix:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Hardware/Processor_Interface

The Wrapped bit changed from 26 to 29.

The secrets to getting this fixed:
-New debugging method. Based on the way OSReport works.
-Not repeatedly asking when it will be fixed. Updates to the compatibility list and issues are appreciated, though.
-Work vacation. I've been working on this almost non-stop for 5 days.

Attachments

• cache.txt
    923 bytes · Views: 274

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PI_FIFO_WP bit fix.
-Fixes F-Zero GX
Minor Zelda DSP clean up.
Disable _fwrite D patch. Doesn't appear to be the right function to patch.
Speed up hexdump.
-Perform 1 file write per line of text with a buffer instead of 35 without.

I needed a cache.txt file to make it to the main menu. I'll attach it to this post. It just caches the files used during boot, so it's probably not ideal.

Menu navigation in game is very slow.

For those curious about the fix:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Hardware/Processor_Interface

The Wrapped bit changed from 26 to 29.

The secrets to getting this fixed:
-New debugging method. Based on the way OSReport works.
-Not repeatedly asking when it will be fixed. Updates to the compatibility list and issues are appreciated, though.
-Work vacation. I've been working on this almost non-stop for 5 days.
FIXES F-ZERO GX???? OMG THANKS A LOT!!!! I'LL CHECK FOR A MINUTE!!!! :D

artwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys.
I just play the Killer 7 (USA) with nintendont and find the issue. In the game, in place when protagonist fight with anime girl. The game freez in the middle battle. I test this moment witch rev. 1.80 and 1.83. Next revisions (include 1.100) don't working correctly with ps3 controller. The game freezing and controller constantly vibration if press shoot button.
My config:
wiiu basic
hdd
ps3 controller.

I attach save file nearby boss battle. Thanks

Sorry for bad english

Attachments

• GK7E.rar
    33.2 KB · Views: 190

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol