Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i installed nintendont ,put the mario party 4,5,6,7 on my usb and it works perfectly.now the problem is i want to play them with my friends. i have one original wii remote and 3 other nongenuine wiiremotes + 2 classic controll wii remotes.the nintendont works either with genuine or nongenuine remote and classic controller but the problem is when i want to play it with 4 players.the other remotes wont work. can i make it somehow work or the third party wii remotes wont work together on nintendont ? tnx

They should work. Make sure Maxpads is set to "4"

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the maxpads is set to 4 i dont know what is causing the problem that just one controller works and other turn off.i tought maybe its problem with the game but i tryed with the other games and its the same problem
you sure fake wii remote plus fake classic controller work even on 1 player?

geometriya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
best game to test them is ssbm go to th screen and activate them all with CC and nunchuck attached , also are you using usbloadergx or wiiflow or soemthing like that?
im not using any kind of usb loader or wiiflow. i just have the homebrew channel and nintendont installed.i have a question if i have european wii u do i need to download pal gamecube roms ? all my isos that i have are pal but some dont work like super smash bros melee ,when i start the black screen appears...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
im not using any kind of usb loader or wiiflow. i just have the homebrew channel and nintendont installed.i have a question if i have european wii u do i need to download pal gamecube roms ? all my isos that i have are pal but some dont work like super smash bros melee ,when i start the black screen appears...
no i use a pal wiiu and i dont have any issues with ntsc or pal games or even jap theres no region thigng they all work make sure your not forcing settings that dont work on other games like forcing ntsc on pal games or pal modes on ntsc games.

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Nintendont through Wiiflow mastermod on our Wii. Just got a Wii classic controller Pro and everything works great. But I recognized that only the analog works. For my younger kid she likes the Dpad for playing games but it does not respond. Is this normal when using the classic controller? I read that I may need to have a controller.ini file with the Dpad set to 1. But I don't find a controller.ini file on the sd card anywhere.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Using Nintendont through Wiiflow mastermod on our Wii. Just got a Wii classic controller Pro and everything works great. But I recognized that only the analog works. For my younger kid she likes the Dpad for playing games but it does not respond. Is this normal when using the classic controller? I read that I may need to have a controller.ini file with the Dpad set to 1. But I don't find a controller.ini file on the sd card anywhere.
... games that dont use the dpad wont use the dpad, you cant force a game to use what it wasnt meant to use. Wireless controllers do not have any controller inis, and if the game only works with the analog stick its becuase the game was meant to be played with the analog stick we cant force the game to use the dpad when it probably uses the dpad for other thing already in the first place.

nintendont doesnt change the games controls.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

moximoore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd let you guys know, the Unofficial Wii U Gamecube Adapter, specifically this one;
Gamecube-Controller-Adapter-For-Wii-U-USA-SELLER.jpg
41SL3pxtFRL._SL160_.jpg

seems to work perfectly using the official wii u gamecube adapter controller.ini

I'm still giving it a work out, Metroid Prime plays exactly as it should and after giving it a thorough work out on Super Mario Sunshine, it seems everything works perfectly. The rumble functions and analog buttons work just fine as well.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd let you guys know, the Unofficial Wii U Gamecube Adapter, specifically this one;
Gamecube-Controller-Adapter-For-Wii-U-USA-SELLER.jpg
41SL3pxtFRL._SL160_.jpg

seems to work perfectly using the official wii u gamecube adapter controller.ini

I'm still giving it a work out, Metroid Prime plays exactly as it should and after giving it a thorough work out on Super Mario Sunshine, it seems everything works perfectly. The rumble functions and analog buttons work just fine as well.

If it works in Smash, its pretty much a given that it will use the official controller.ini if it will ever work with Nintendont

Dryillic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created a config for the raphnet v2.9 adapters (somehow missed karus's post) however, there are two problems I have. The D-pad up is giving a false positive and flickering on (consistently, even with different controllers) and when I plug in two adapters at once only one is recognized. Anyone have solutions to my problems? Thanks in advance.

[Raphnet GC/USB Adapter v2.9]
VID=289B
PID=000C
Polltype=1
DPAD=0
A=7,10
B=7,08
X=7,04
Y=7,02
Z=7,80
L=7,20
R=7,40
S=7,01
Left=0,08
Down=0,02
Right=0,04
Up=0,01
StickX=1
StickY=2
CStickX=3
CStickY=4
RAnalog=6
LAnalog=5

Note: The D-Pad up I sorta "fixed" by changing to "DPAD=1" ,adding diagonal values and setting Up to some arbitrary number. Any diagonal up works as a taunt but not straight up. I play Melee so taunt is not too important but can still be used with this method.

alzen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would like to share updated configuration for Saitek 2500 gamepads, based on configuration file by ARMac.

images

Changes:

- Added "power off" combination, so you do not have to reset wii by pressing power button everytimg you need to change the game (power off - L + R + Z + Start)

Code:
[Saitek P2500]
#ANALOG MODE must be enabled for on the controller for it to work.
#
# This controller.ini was made for Saitek P2500 Rumblepad
#######
# By ARMac
#######

VID=06A3
PID=FF0C
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
A=5,08
B=5,04
X=5,02
Y=5,01
Z=5,20
L=5,40
R=5,80
S=5,10
Power=5,F0
Left=6,60
Down=6,40
Right=6,20
Up=6,00
RightUp=6,10
DownRight=6,30
DownLeft=6,50
UpLeft=6,70
StickX=1
StickY=2
CStickX=3
CStickY=4
RAnalog=6,F2
LAnalog=6,F1

Ultimatewin

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hiya guys, I have a problem with the gamepad controls
I'm using Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 2-in-1 Force Feedback
This one:
DualTrigger2in1RFproduct800x600.jpg

It shows up in HIDtest, default readings are:
00 00 80 FF FF FF 7F
then, if I move either of the sticks just slightly, it goes nuts, but basically readings change to
00 00 80 FF 80 FF 7F (left stick full up)
00 00 80 7F 7F FF 7F (left stick full down)
00 00 80 80 FF FF 7F (left stick full left)
00 00 80 7F FF FF 7F (left stick full right)

00 00 80 FF FF FF 00 (right stick full up)
00 00 80 FF FF 7F FF (right stick full down)
00 00 80 FF FF 80 7F (right stick full left)
00 00 80 FF FF 7F 7F (right stick full right)

all of them a lot of steps in between start and end values, I guess 80 steps?

here's how I configured it for controller.ini:

Code:
[Thrustmaster DT]
VID=044F
PID=B320
Polltype=1
DigitalLR=1
DPAD=1
A=0,01
B=0,02
X=0,04
Y=0,08
Z=0,40
L=0,20
R=0,80
S=1,02
Left=2,60
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,10
DownRight=2,30
DownLeft=2,50
UpLeft=2,70
StickX=3,10,80
StickY=4,10,80
CStickX=5,10,80
CStickY=6,10,80

In Nintendont menu and in games, same thing usually happens: it looks like left stick (might be right stick, too, I can't tell) is always is pulling to top-left (I think) position, which makes Nintendont menu just scroll really fast, and in-game is unplayable
I tried to set a dead zone to 10 (and also 30) (see config) and radius, I thought maybe the sticks were too sensitive or something, but it hasn't helped with this issue at all.

fabrebatalla18

Trophies
XP
Country
Primero que todo pido disculpas por no escribir en ingles, espero que sepáis perdonarme...

Hola a todos, me gustaría colaborar con este magnifico proyecto aportando mi configuración para este adaptador:
Logic3 PlayStation 2 Controller Adapter for PC / PS3 (PS2/PC)

1004004004982816.jpg

Funcionan todos los botones correctamente y también esta habilitada la vibración.
La asignación de botones es la siguiente:
A=Equis
B=Cuadrado
X=Circulo
Y=Triangulo
L=L1
R=R1
Z=R2
Start=Start
Joystick C= Joystick derecho
Joystick principal= Joystick izquierdo
Cruzeta=Cruzeta

Agradezco muchísimo a todos los que han hecho posible este maravilloso "emulador" :)

PD: Para usar esta configuración tan solo tenéis que copiar el archivo .ini en la carpeta "Controllers", esta carpeta tiene que estar en el dispositivo (SD o USB) donde estén los juegos.

PD2: Dejo el archivo como adjunto.

Attachments

• 0E8F_0003.zip
    447 bytes · Views: 197

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!