Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

xshunin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Verify for me what are the VID and PID?
Is anything else plugged into the adapter besides the gamecube controller?
Do you know if the controller works corectly with some other software?
I need the details on how CStickY changes.
Show me the numbers directy next to the ones you gave me.
Show me whare the numbers 00 01 7F 80 81 FE FF occure in the sequence.
It appears the numbers change direction fron decreasing to increasing, show me the numbers around whare that occures.

VID: 0926, PID: 2526
There is only the 3 in 1 adapter with the GameCube pad plugged in. What do you mean with other Software? It worked perfectly on my PC if you mean that.
I don't have that sequence. My numbers are 01 00 80 81 81 78 7E 11 if I manage to stop the twitching on both sticks. I can try to make a video if you want.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Howard do you think this would be possible? Making L\R pressed only while the analog reach the maximum value?

I looked in PADReadGC.c and I see this:

Code:
if(HID_Packet[HID_CTRL->L.Offset] & HID_CTRL->L.Mask)
button |= PAD_TRIGGER_L;
if(HID_Packet[HID_CTRL->R.Offset] & HID_CTRL->R.Mask)
button |= PAD_TRIGGER_R;
Then little further down:

Code:
else //standard analog triggers
{
tmp_triggerL = HID_Packet[HID_CTRL->LAnalog];
tmp_triggerR = HID_Packet[HID_CTRL->RAnalog];
}
/* Calculate left trigger with deadzone */
if(tmp_triggerL > DEADZONE)
Pad[chan].triggerLeft = (tmp_triggerL - DEADZONE) * 1.11f;
else
Pad[chan].triggerLeft = 0;
/* Calculate right trigger with deadzone */
if(tmp_triggerR > DEADZONE)
Pad[chan].triggerRight = (tmp_triggerR - DEADZONE) * 1.11f;
else
Pad[chan].triggerRight = 0;
I am not really a coder, but would it be possible to get something like: If AnalogL/R reach the maximum value, then the button is detected like the first code (L/R being pressed) AND Analog fully pressed?
something like: L/R ANALOG reach FF, then L/R IS pressed (which means it does the "click") and thus, being translated correctly in games.

That would be perfect .... btw only test this with Mario Sunshine since it's the only game I know of that uses R= and RAnalog at the same time and for 2 seperate reasons ... Luigi's mansion only uses LAnalog and RAnalog.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That would be perfect .... btw only test this with Mario Sunshine since it's the only game I know of that uses R= and RAnalog at the same time and for 2 seperate reasons ... Luigi's mansion only uses LAnalog and RAnalog.

If only my C skills were better, I am pretty sure I could have done this... :cry:

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you that have analog left and right triggers but no digital buttons to indicate when its fully pressed.

A couple of questions

Do I understand the problem correctly?
What controllers and controller.ini are affected?
In HidTest what is the raw data at the offsets used for analog letf and analog right when not pressed , half pressed, and fully pressed?

Assuming the answers to the first 2 questions are what I expect.
Who wants to be a test subject?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you that have analog left and right triggers but no digital buttons to indicate when its fully pressed.

A couple of questions

1. Yes.
2. I know the PS3 controller is affected.

I can test since I'm doing a play through of Luigi's Mansion now.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

A couple of questions

What we tried to say is: Analog triggers works fine on ps3, the problem is: L/R entries in controller.ini override the analog value. I mean, once a trigger is pressed, analog value increment, that is correct. But, fully pressed button is too (here: the L/R entry), even if the analog is NOT fully pressed. It cause an issue to games which uses analog. eg: Super Mario Sunshine. Even if the analog is mid pressed, Mario will stand still, as if the button "click" on a real controller, causing to the player to be unable to run. If we remove the L/R entry on controller.ini, the game will behave correctly, as it now only depends on analog. The problem now is that the L/R press is non existent, only the analog is. What I said the other day is: The L/R press should be done ONLY while the analog reach the maximum value, instead of an offset from the controller.ini.

I can test if you want too.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What we tried to say is: Analog triggers works fine on ps3, the problem is: L/R entries in controller.ini override the analog value. I mean, once a trigger is pressed, analog value increment, that is correct. But, fully pressed button is too (here: the L/R entry), even if the analog is NOT fully pressed. It cause an issue to games which uses analog. eg: Super Mario Sunshine. Even if the analog is mid pressed, Mario will stand still, as if the button "click" on a real controller, causing to the player to be unable to run. If we remove the L/R entry on controller.ini, the game will behave correctly, as it now only depends on analog. The problem now is that the L/R press is non existent, only the analog is. What I said the other day is: The L/R press should be done ONLY while the analog reach the maximum value, instead of an offset from the controller.ini.

to be more specific, in mario sunshine, R= will trigger mario to stop and aim and the RAnalog value will throw more or less water from the FLUDD but you will be able to run unless R= is triggered. With a GC controller, R= is only triggered when the R button clicked (fully pressed) so that's when mario will stop and aim. On a PS3 controller with the PS3 controller.ini, R= and L= are triggered as soon as you press just a little bit on L2 or R2. They should only trigger when L2 and R2 are fully pressed. I hope I was clear :S I can test too so we'll be 3 testers

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
to be more specific, in mario sunshine, R= will trigger mario to stop and aim and the RAnalog value will throw more or less water from the FLUDD but you will be able to run unless R= is triggered. With a GC controller, R= is only triggered when the R button clicked (fully pressed) so that's when mario will stop and aim. On a PS3 controller with the PS3 controller.ini, R= and L= are triggered as soon as you press just a little bit on L2 or R2. They should only trigger when L2 and R2 are fully pressed. I hope I was clear :S I can test too so we'll be 3 testers

It should now be clear for everyone :rofl2:

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes.
2. I know the PS3 controller is affected.

I can test since I'm doing a play through of Luigi's Mansion now.

You guys are to fast it only took me 3 minutes to edit my questions and you has booth already responded. :)

Any other controllers besides the ps3?

For the ps3 I need you to run HidTest and tell me what is the raw data at the offsets used for analog left and analog right when not pressed , half pressed, and fully pressed?

PM me your email so I can send you test software.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You guys are to fast it only took me 3 minutes to edit my questions and you has booth already responded. :)

Any other controllers besides the ps3?

For the ps3 I need you to run HidTest and tell me what is the raw data at the offsets used for analog left and analog right when not pressed , half pressed, and fully pressed?

PM me your email so I can send you test software.

It is most likely any controller with analog shoulder.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally made a controller.ini for this PS2 to PC converter that Iv'e had laying around for years.
It was bought In Australia and was common at the time.

It's made by a company called TRUBLU that make accessories here and in New Zealand.

I have thoroughly tested it with Spyro ETD and Animal Crossing and also Chibi Robo for hours and all buttons do what they should.

Power is set to both L3 and R3 together. I also set a deadzone for 10 because PS2 pads are touchy, this gave me perfect control.

X= A
Square= B
Triangle = Y
Circle= X
Start= Start
L= L2
R= R2
Z= R1
Power= L3 + R3 (Analog Stick buttons together.)

Both select and L1 do nothing.

[TruBlu PS2 To Pc Adapter]
VID=05E3
PID=0596
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=1,04
B=1,08
X=1,02
Y=1,01
Z=1,80
L=1,10
R=1,20
S=2,01
Left=2,60
Down=2,40
Right=2,20
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,10
DownRight=2,30
DownLeft=2,50
UpLeft=2,70
StickX=3,10,100
StickY=4,10,100
CStickX=5,10,100
CStickY=6,10,100
LAnalog=18
RAnalog=19
Power=2,FC

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VID: 0926, PID: 2526
There is only the 3 in 1 adapter with the GameCube pad plugged in. What do you mean with other Software? It worked perfectly on my PC if you mean that.
I don't have that sequence. My numbers are 01 00 80 81 81 78 7E 11 if I manage to stop the twitching on both sticks.

CstickY
Up: D9
Center: 7E (twitching with 7D)
Down: 1C

I can try to make a video if you want.
Try the video.
It depends on the quality as to how usefull it is.
Move the stick VERY slowly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You mean the "release" (2.0), which is v2.145 ?
Then, yes, you can't use the new PS3 controller fix with it as it was added in v2.147

Just use the latest "revision" instead of "release" ;)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was my bad Cyan... I took 147 to mean like r 147 really really old and I was like WTF why would Howard do that?

Bahaha I am using the latest version so that's good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/vtGSfyI8VUk