Hacking Nintendont + Cheats. Lets fix it once and for all?

timothyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that this thread is very old but I have a question. Do codes work for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness?? I do everything right and I use codes for all my games and they work( loading from Nintendont) except Pokemon XD. Whenever I try to use cheats I just get a black screen at start up and nothing else happens. Any suggestions??

Reactions: MegAmi24

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using an SD card. Also, I'm pretty sure you might know, but you can only use Gecko cheats, not Action Replay.

Also, the Nintendont thread says that not all cheats will work on vWii.

Sorry if you have been told, I haven't read the full thread discussion yet.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Try using an SD card. Also, I'm pretty sure you might know, but you can only use Gecko cheats, not Action Replay.

Also, the Nintendont thread says that not all cheats will work on vWii.

Sorry if you have been told, I haven't read the full thread discussion yet.
I've been using cheats on vWii and most worked fine, afaik.

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using cheats on vWii and most worked fine, afaik.
Really? I don't have the kenogc file (because I can't find where to get it lol), but last night I used some tournament cheats in Melee 1.0 and the game didn't boot up (yes, I checked to see if the cheats are for 1.0.)

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Really? I don't have the kenogc file (because I can't find where to get it lol), but last night I used some tournament cheats in Melee 1.0 and the game didn't boot up (yes, I checked to see if the cheats are for 1.0.)
This thing was dropped a long time ago. It's using a newer and better code handler now.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The kenogc file? Should I update Nintendont? I should have the latest version.
Yep, update to latest, compatibility and many many many things were fixed.

Reactions: MegAmi24

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
its not cheats that dont work on vwii lol thats is the dumbest thing i readed do you think cheats work on the wii and not on vwii? lol some chetas dont work on nintendont simply becuase some adresses are changed from GC original values due to nintendont running in wii mode rather than gc mode so if a cheat changes that adress then it wont work, everything that works on the wii works on vwii, that has nothing to do with a cheat not working.

MegAmi24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not cheats that dont work on vwii lol thats is the dumbest thing i readed do you think cheats work on the wii and not on vwii? lol some chetas dont work on nintendont simply becuase some adresses are changed from GC original values due to nintendont running in wii mode rather than gc mode so if a cheat changes that adress then it wont work, everything that works on the wii works on vwii, that has nothing to do with a cheat not working.
Taken from the cheats section in the Nintendont thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#NintendontCheats)

Note2: Nintendont is working in Wii mode, with shifted andcustom memory addresses.
Most (if not all?) existing cheat codes you will find online have been created for GameCube mode (gamecube console, Dolphin emulator, Wii in gamecube mode using MIOS/DM/DML).
Therefore the addresses are not the same anymore and a lot of cheatcodes will NOT work.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Taken from the cheats section in the Nintendont thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/#NintendontCheats)

Note2: Nintendont is working in Wii mode, with shifted andcustom memory addresses.
Most (if not all?) existing cheat codes you will find online have been created for GameCube mode (gamecube console, Dolphin emulator, Wii in gamecube mode using MIOS/DM/DML).
Therefore the addresses are not the same anymore and a lot of cheatcodes will NOT work.
yeah but you said some cheats dont work on VWII wich implys that they work on regular wii.

timothyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried other games on Nintendont with cheats and they all work fine. Except Pokemon XD. Whenever I attempt to even use a cheat it just gives me a black screen when it loads up, and I use an SD Card to load my games and cheats. Should I try a different loader?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've tried other games on Nintendont with cheats and they all work fine. Except Pokemon XD. Whenever I attempt to even use a cheat it just gives me a black screen when it loads up, and I use an SD Card to load my games and cheats. Should I try a different loader?
it wont matter if your using the latest nintendont i think version 421 and the cheat breaks the game or simply doesnt work then it would need rewriteen to work on nintendont and that means you would need a hacker with motivation to write a nintendont cheat only for that game lol.

Last edited by pedro702,

timothyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont matter if your using the latest nintendont i think version 421 and the cheat breaks the game or simply doesnt work then it would need rewriteen to work on nintendont and that means you would need a ahcker with motivation to write a nintendont cheat only for that game lol.
Hmm I guess so, it's just weird with how popular Pokemon XD is that nobody else seems to have this problem, maybe it's the ISO I'm using..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hmm I guess so, it's just weird with how popular Pokemon XD is that nobody else seems to have this problem, maybe it's the ISO I'm using..
nope if the game runs then the iso is fine, some cheats dont work becuase nintendont changes the adresses around, and pokemon colossuem and XD have a hack to even allow them to read the memory cards and such so yeah your cheatcode might hit that exact hacking patch and break the entire patching process.

timothyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope if the game runs then the iso is fine, some cheats dont work becuase nintendont changes the adresses around, and pokemon colossuem and XD have a hack to even allow them to read the memory cards and such so yeah your cheatcode might hit that exact hacking patch and break the entire patching process.
Ohh I see. So cheating through Nintendont just probably won't work at all for the Pokemon games then right? Since tye cheats and patch just interfere

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ohh I see. So cheating through Nintendont just probably won't work at all for the Pokemon games then right? Since tye cheats and patch just interfere
well if you changed the cheat adresses to their new places where they got moved then yeah they would work but like i said you would need a GC hacker with a usb gecko device seeing what exactly that cheat changes and where is the new adresses to what he needs to change.

Reactions: timothyJ

timothyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you changed the cheat adresses to their new places where they got moved then yeah they would work but like i said you would need a GC hacker with a usb gecko device seeing what exactly that cheat changes and where is the new adresses to what he needs to change.
Which would probably be difficult to find, but anyways thanks for your help!

timothyJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one more question, is it just Nintendont that changes the address around for Pokemon games so the codes don't work? Or would using a different loader do the same thing, like DML?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have one more question, is it just Nintendont that changes the address around for Pokemon games so the codes don't work? Or would using a different loader do the same thing, like DML?
on dml everything should work since dml works in gc mode only so no need to change adresses.

Reactions: timothyJ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0