Hardware Nintendo3DSLL (XL)

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So after blatantly LYING to our faces, telling us "oh no there won't be another 3DS model" Nintendo have JUST announced on the Nintendo Direct stream, a NEW Nintendo3DS Model.. the Nintendo3DS LL (XL).
And it's ugly.
d2RBq.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after blatantly LYING to our faces, telling us "oh no there won't be another 3DS model" Nintendo have JUST announced on the Nintendo Direct stream, a NEW Nintendo3DS Model.. the Nintendo3DS LL (XL).
And it's ugly.
d2RBq.jpg

You've gotta get the sand out of your vagina man, holy shit. Like I said before, companies aren't going to be like "yeah, our shit leaked, so here it is". No company has done that. The console is sexy as fuck, and I can't wait to hear those speakers. I wonder if they're going to sound better like the XL did compared to the DSi/DSL.

Reactions: 7 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And it's ugly.
d2RBq.jpg
Really? You expect companies to be 100% honest with everything? Some things WILL BE KEPT IN SECRET to keep shit from being leaked. This is reality dude
This remodel looks sexy as hell.

Reactions: 2 people

AzureuzZetsunai

HAHA, 20!... i punch it!
Trophies
Website
hashtiv.com
XP
Country
Mexico
looks cheap to me, in fact it will become more fragile, and more heavier.
also i think it will increace the distance for the sweet spot. tho the console looks good there are still flaws like the missing second circle pad, making the circle pad pro uncompatible with this console.
new battery = more hours of gaming... i mean i bought a nyko power pak and it last for like days, and im not using that much my 3DS so im happy with the battery xD
bigger screen = grafics will go bad like on the ds games (dsi, and dsi XL).
bigger = less portability. i will have to carry it on my bag, instead of my pockets D:
why second 3DS or buy it to replace the old one? i mean... its a 3DS isnt it? have the same functions and stuff. i actually dont see a BIG reasson to buy this. the only thing that atracts people for buying is the bigger screen, i'm right?

(my opinion)

edit: grammar xD

Reactions: 1 person

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
bigger screen = grafics will go bad like on the ds games (dsi, and dsi XL).

It won't in the way you are thinking it would. The screen size may change, but the resolution won't.

maybe, maybe not, who knows...

The DSi XL was bigger than the DSi, which had bigger screen, but did not change the resolution. Changing the resolution would not only affect games designed for the current resolution, but would then require a greater GPU to compensate for dealing with a higher pixel density if they wish for it to keep up with the original. Such a change like that could not be done within the +$20 increase Nintendo is asking for.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
And it's ugly.
IIRC they just said they weren't gonna do a 3DS lite because the insides of the machine were quite cramped. They didn't say anything about not doing a 3DS XL.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
They didn't say that there wouldn't be one, they said that the 3DS was fine the way it was and that a redesign wouldn't make sense since only minor improvements can done, this is just a larger 3DS after all not a complete redesign making the current model obsolete. Both will simultaneously be sold during the 3DS's entire lifespan.

Basically what they said was that they wouldn't make another DS -> DS lite scenario.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh no, Nintendo lied and my old 3ds will stop working after the xl is released, whatever shall i do

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure Nintendo will release another 3DS model with the 2nd circle pad. Probably next year...lol
Since there are more and more games that supports using dual circle pads. Unless they are going to release a freaking huge circle pad pro2 which will make your 3DS XL looks like huge pain in the neck to carry around...so much for portable gaming....

The cycle repeats again...
DS>DSL>DSi>DSi XL

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
They never directly said they would not make a 3DS XL.

They've said things that people have twisted or misunderstood, though.

Just like how people think that Apple computers can't get viruses (which is false). People think that the commercials say they can't, but they're actually saying something else (that OSX can't get windows viruses, which is true) and people misunderstand it or think it means more than they're actually saying.

Reactions: 5 people

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upon close examination it appears they have changed the Home, start and select to buttons. That is reason enough for me to buy another one. wonder if US will get (ice) white this time around? This MAY be the first time I'm paying LESS for the larger unit, than the orignal smaller one (as ambassador)

oh, also from IGN & Miyamoto ..

"I really feel like I'm satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is. I feel like it's the best for this generation," Miyamoto told me, when I asked about the Nikkei's recent report about a 3DS XL, and whether his company did have plans for something similar. The Nintendo executive noted that his company is always thinking about what's next. "What we're thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld."

On some other site (forgot which one) N called the rumor an outright exageration & misunderstanding.

whoever does not consider this a lie, should seriosuly reconsider thier definition of a lie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination