XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Slyakin said:
Hey, the other consoles did it.

PS3 into PS3 Slim

XBOX 360 into... XBOX 360 Slim?

So, this is a cool idea. And if they release more functionality, even better!
except they cant make it smaller unless they remove the gcn controller and memory card ports
and even then the drive needs the space

they do have a patent for a usb loader. maybe they will remove the drive and be smart about things. disc media is getting outdated. with 1tb internal hdds only being retailed for about $80, why not make a "cartridge" based system. but instead it will be sata hdds that store the game data. hell they already charge 60 bucks for ps3 games, 80 bucks isn't that much more for convenience for the consumer.

edit i forgot to mention i was referring to wii slim. that could be cool.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the exact same "predictions" were made a year or so ago when pictures of the Black Wii first appeared, all of the "experts" and "analysts" were sure it was a "Wii HD".

truth is no one knows what the hell they are talking about
tongue.gif

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
boondoklife said:
That makes no sense. How can you pull pixels out of nowhere? If any thing it would upscale current games (not true hd), but I don't see a hd wii coming out. That will be saved for their next console.
The way pc games do it since the first 3d games almost 20 years ago.
Simply render at a higher resolution.
3d models are basicly a kind math. formula. you can compute as many pixels as you like as long as you got enough power.

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the audience the Wii is marketed towards, there probably won't be a Wii 1.5. I've also heard this rumor about a year ago, and Nintendo still hasn't made any actual report about it. And isn't the Wii slim enough?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revolution [9 said:
]
With the audience the Wii is marketed towards, there probably won't be a Wii 1.5. I've also heard this rumor about a year ago, and Nintendo still hasn't made any actual report about it. And isn't the Wii slim enough?
hm... if they removed the gamecube stuff, rotated the buttons 90 degrees, and move the sd slot to the back it could actually get a bit thinner.... but not much point in that
tongue.gif

of course they could go pspgo style and replace teh disc drive with a decent capacity solid state drive or something
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there's no real point to a Wii redesign. There were good reasons for redesigns of its competitors. The PS3 was too pricey and the Slim made it a reasonable price point. The Xbox had hardware issues and could also use a more reasonable bundle (for the record, the Slim does have improved ventilation and emergency shut off). The Wii, on the other hand, is already cheap enough and doesn't have any hardware issues. It's also aesthetically pleasing (small, slim, and lightweight) so there's no need to make it even smaller. If anything they should just make one with more internal storage space.

But we've had the Wii come in many different incarnations of bundles and now a black version.

Bullshit analysis is bullshit.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
boondoklife said:
qlum said:
this could work, if a emulator gives wii games higher ress graphics and anti aliasing a extra gpu could just give the wii 1080p graphics without changing the actual games.

That makes no sense. How can you pull pixels out of nowhere? If any thing it would upscale current games (not true hd), but I don't see a hd wii coming out. That will be saved for their next console.

Why not, current upscalers can do an amazing job (though not as good as true HD). Hopefully you can select the upscaler (hq2x, bicubic, etc) depending on the game as some work better for different styles of games.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
PsyBlade said:
boondoklife said:
The way pc games do it since the first 3d games almost 20 years ago.
Simply render at a higher resolution.
3d models are basicly a kind math. formula. you can compute as many pixels as you like as long as you got enough power.

This. I wanted to explain it, but I honestly couldn't explain it decently.

QUOTE(nl255 @ Aug 10 2010, 10:27 PM)
Why not, current upscalers can do an amazing job (though not as good as true HD). Hopefully you can select the upscaler (hq2x, bicubic, etc) depending on the game as some work better for different styles of games.
This?

D

Deleted User

Nintendo 3DWii without the need for a 3d screen/glasses. That would be=nice.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JetKun said:
Nintendo 3DWii without the need for a 3d screen/glasses. That would be=nice.
While it may be nice its not gonna happen.

Afaik the nececarry tech to pull something like that does not exist, even in theoretical state.
The only thing remotly like it are these colorfull "stare at" pictures.
And I doubt they work with motion let alone random 3d input.

For the next few jears you will have to settle for shutter/polarsation glasses or prism displays as the best in 3d.
Maybe volumetric displays sometime in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy