Misc nintendo wifi usb connector install fails in windows xp

• Thread starter Deleted_11405
  • Start date
  • Views 2,533
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted_11405

OP
hi i have running windows xp pro here with sp2 sp3 and ie8. i got it mostly updated so far and i tried to install the nintendo wifi usb connector using software version 1.4. when installing setup is busy with shared internetconnection config. but at the end it's locked-up and doesnt install successfull.it gives a message: you're not connected with internet. .(application error) i dont understand why. my internet connection isnt accessible in windows i only have internet over lan. so maybe that's why the setup cant install the wifi connector. please if you know about /how far requirements/updates config for things are to setting up the right way, could have so help with this. thanks
yaynds.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Assuming that you followed the right procedure to install the drivers, what you could do is try a different driver.
There are 7 I believe, they are very similar , but for some reason some work, and some don't( the latest drivers isn't necessary the best one).
I had success on XP with the driver revision 1.6 ( or 1.06 I'm not sure ).
Also turning off the firewall while you perform the installation might help.

D

Deleted_11405

OP
havent the firewall on. it seems my internet is going over lan. but the connector install wants it on the networkadapter. there cant the internet connection be found. because the setup says there is no internet on the networkaddapter. it cant open up in te config> network- & internet connection > net workconnection to see the connection of the networkcard. do i need to setup internet again not this time over lan? i'm new to this thing to setup.

D

Deleted_11405

OP
it got something wrong with the dhcpserver in the network adapter and usb connector. should i remove it and search again for new hardware help?
later after that i was guessing it might need a router for share network?

D

Deleted_11405

OP
now i had reinstall windows and installed the wifi software (1.06) it works now. its just better to install it first before update so windows handles/recognised it better i think. great

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm glad you sorted it out.
Those drivers are kind of pesky if you ask me, on the same PC some would work and some would not, it was more of a trial and error case for me.
But in the end , I managed to get it to work under XP, Vista and even Windows 7 32bit.
Now, If I only could get it to work on Ubuntu.......it'll be perfect
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare